Beyond A21 roadmap

fragtzack

Check in every month or so on 7d2d. Is there a TLDR version of the long range plans for 7D2D post A21?

Gold status I hear devs say is the plan.

There any DL plans post gold?

Regular small updates past gold (aka minecraft)?

Bug fixes post gold?

7Days2Die version 2? 

--Thanks

They will likely introduce free content for 7DTD long after it goes gold (like new POI's, for instance).  The modding community will also be VERY busy adding a metric crap tonne of content regularly, guaranteed.  Bug fixes will, of course, happen.  I do not see TFP giving up on the project that made them famous anytime soon.

As for version 2... it's anybody's guess but expect several other games before that happens, if it happens at all.  Maybe in 2040 or so.  :p

26 minutes ago, Maharin said:

They will likely introduce free content for 7DTD long after it goes gold (like new POI's, for instance).  The modding community will also be VERY busy adding a metric crap tonne of content regularly, guaranteed.  Bug fixes will, of course, happen.  I do not see TFP giving up on the project that made them famous anytime soon.

As for version 2... it's anybody's guess but expect several other games before that happens, if it happens at all.  Maybe in 2040 or so.  :p

2040 is when the first version of 7 Days that will work on the holodeck will be released.

I would not doubt if they used a large, well known city that had an extensive subway/sewer system.  It would be only a partial voxal game (some blocked areas could be destroyed) to improve performance. There would be missions/endeavors the player would be given/self-motivated and a base with NPC's that rise and fall with your success or failures.

Good candidates would be: New York, Moscow, London or Paris.  In that order. 

You could have major DLC's for the other cities, Running between $20-$60.  Depending on the detail of each city.  Apocalyptical devastation would allow for creative short-cuts of course..

That would keep any company busy until the year 2034.

Edited by Aldranon (see edit history)