Back upgraded concrete (+Another suggestion)

TheNoob

I don't know why you want delete upgraded concrete, but basic concrete weak on 20-30 day with another player (friend). But if player would can make steel without crucible: ok. But crucible still need in 20A for the steel, then how survive in blood moon against Demolisher and other zombies. That will be hard for 2 newbies.
But, i will shut up if basic conrete will have up to 4000 or 3250 health

(P.s here another idea, im too lazy to make another post for this.)
I know, that's dumb idea. But what about to buy access to Source engine and make 7DTD in source? That can took a year to make new code and (probably) make new models for Source. This... Maybe... will be interesting?

10 hours ago, TheNoob said:

I don't know why you want delete upgraded concrete, but basic concrete weak on 20-30 day with another player (friend). But if player would can make steel without crucible: ok. But crucible still need in 20A for the steel, then how survive in blood moon against Demolisher and other zombies. That will be hard for 2 newbies.
But, i will shut up if basic conrete will have up to 4000 or 3250 health

Don't know the exact value but I think the new concrete is somewhere between the old concretes and probably much nearer to reinforced. There is nothing wrong with turning down difficulty one step if it gets too hard.

10 hours ago, TheNoob said:

(P.s here another idea, im too lazy to make another post for this.)
I know, that's dumb idea. But what about to buy access to Source engine and make 7DTD in source? That can took a year to make new code and (probably) make new models for Source. This... Maybe... will be interesting?

I'm sure you had better ideas already 😁. Even if they would get it done in just a year (which I highly doubt) this would be one year doing nothing else than porting and fixing new bugs for unknown gains. Different engines have different capabilities and limitations. For example it might happen that suddenly a central feature has to be removed because it drops the FPS to unacceptable levels even though the game might run better overall. Oh, and naturally the programmers would have to learn a completely unknown engine (if there isn't a lucky coincidence and one of them already had tinkered in it) before they even could start porting.

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

4 hours ago, meganoth said:

Don't know the exact value but I think the new concrete is somewhere between the old concretes and probably much nearer to reinforced. There is nothing wrong with turning down difficulty one step if it gets too hard.

I'm sure you had better ideas already 😁. Even if they would get it done in just a year (which I highly doubt) this would be one year doing nothing else than porting and fixing new bugs for unknown gains. Different engines have different capabilities and limitations. For example it might happen that suddenly a central feature has to be removed because it drops the FPS to unacceptable levels even though the game might run better overall. Oh, and naturally the programmers would have to learn a completely unknown engine (if there isn't a lucky coincidence and one of them already had tinkered in it) before they even could start porting.

by the way. Why devs choose the Unity engine? Why not Unreal, Cry engine and other free/cheap engines?
But i think, Unity is good engine too, just need ultra skills to make good optimization in Unity. It seems that the most extensive engine is Unity, because you can almost implement all your ideas in it, but hard work is - optimization?

Unity was better for voxels 8 years ago. When they first started, their goal was to make a game that looked like Quake. They quickly upgraded their goal and have done pretty well. There was never a time along the way that it would have been convenient or wise to change the entire engine from Unity to something else.

They are going to use Unreal for their next game, however. So stay tuned.

1 hour ago, Roland said:

Unity was better for voxels 8 years ago. When they first started, their goal was to make a game that looked like Quake. They quickly upgraded their goal and have done pretty well. There was never a time along the way that it would have been convenient or wise to change the entire engine from Unity to something else.

They are going to use Unreal for their next game, however. So stay tuned.

What? What game?