Anyone else confused with the downloading bar in steam?

Darklegend222

I just completely uninstalled 7 days and deleted everything within the launcher tools, and when I redownload it shows I have 4.8gb downloading, anyone know why it would still have 5.8 gigabytes are installed?

Not sure if this is general support since this isn't a bug report. Feel free to move it around if needed!

download bar.png

Edited by Darklegend222 (see edit history)

15 hours ago, Darklegend222 said:

Just trying to make sure i purged everything

Then you should manual delete the installation folder rather to use uninstall.

Uninstall only remove the latest files they installed, but not any surplus files from older version or from mod's you installed not into Mods folder.

45 minutes ago, Canute said:

Then you should manual delete the installation folder rather to use uninstall.

Uninstall only remove the latest files they installed, but not any surplus files from older version or from mod's you installed not into Mods folder.

I stated that I used the launcher tools to delete everything. It let's you purge everything, and seeing how it said 5.6gb on disk, i was asking if there is something i missed which there wasn't.

I appreciate the feedback though

Just to clarify, you can clean all registry information like maps and saved games using the clean tool in the launcher and you do not have to uninstall the game and then reinstall it. So my question to you would be did you use the clean tool or just use the launcher to uninstall the game? If you just uninstalled the game from the launcher then you will still have data from older versions on your computer and if you generate a new save game with a new map and reuse the same name or seed that you used for a previous version it can cause some issues.

Personally, I have never uninstalled the game. I simply clean all the data using the clean tool in the launcher and then verify my files and I have never had problems with previous version data gumming up my current game. 

On 9/26/2021 at 11:50 AM, Roland said:

Just to clarify, you can clean all registry information like maps and saved games using the clean tool in the launcher and you do not have to uninstall the game and then reinstall it. So my question to you would be did you use the clean tool or just use the launcher to uninstall the game? If you just uninstalled the game from the launcher then you will still have data from older versions on your computer and if you generate a new save game with a new map and reuse the same name or seed that you used for a previous version it can cause some issues.

Personally, I have never uninstalled the game. I simply clean all the data using the clean tool in the launcher and then verify my files and I have never had problems with previous version data gumming up my current game. 

I open the launcher, then I press all 3 tabs that pull up the saves/install/registry in file explorer, then I use the tool to delete all maps and check mark everything to delete. When that is finished I close the launcher, and delete everything in the saves/install/registry files.

Then I uninstall on steam and reinstall, I will have to try the file verification instead of uninstalling after everything is deleted. It'd be really nice if the launcher didn't default to using EAC because that really causes issues with the game.

Doesn't matter what I do, the EAC version always breaks and I've noticed little to no issues in the non-eac version. I'm currently on a new save on day 9 with no problems. My previous save broke on day 3 with an "object not yet implemented" so that seems fixed now.

Edited by Darklegend222
Awful grammar (see edit history)