Game Edition

Okwawi

Hello,

I am coming to you because something is bothering me on the PS store the description of the game has changed by adding the turrets, electricity and various other things.

In addition, on the Amazon site as well as the Micromania site (video game store) the game is once again placed for pre-order. For amazon, it will be available on August 20 and for Micromania on August 13.

I was able to reach the Micromania service who explained to me that the game had a reissue. On all the sites where it is once again in pre-order and therefore in reissue, the description has been modified with in particular, as I mentioned above, electricity and turrets, the addition of new vehicles ...

my question :

Is the game going to undergo an official update and therefore does this explain the surrender or is the game still on standby for console updates and then in this case why such a re-release of the game? with pre-orders?

I would like to have an official response from a developer or studio member please thank you

No update planned at this time for the console version, regardless what a 3rd party seller is telling you.  The game has always been available on PS and Microsoft.  A moderator will come by later to give you the official result, but if TFP were going to update the console version now, they would have announce it themselves instead of a 3rd party seller doing it.

that does not answer my questions.

Why reissue the game 5 years after its release on consoles?

Why put it on pre-order on various sales platforms (Amazon, Micromania ...)?

Why did you change the description of the game, which is no longer the same between 2016 and for pre-orders?

I ask for simple answers from an official whether this is true or not.

59 minutes ago, Okwawi said:

that does not answer my questions.

Why reissue the game 5 years after its release on consoles?

Why put it on pre-order on various sales platforms (Amazon, Micromania ...)?

Why did you change the description of the game, which is no longer the same between 2016 and for pre-orders?

I ask for simple answers from an official whether this is true or not.

As far as I can tell, the game has not been reissued 5 years after it was released on console.  The console version is the same as the last version that TellTale Games updated.  I don't see any information in the PlayStation or Microsoft stores that the game was "reissued."  The game has been available in the PlayStation and Microsoft stores since 2016 (not sure about availability when TellTale Games was going through bankruptcy).

Because Micromania is pre-ordering a game that TellTale Games released in 2016.  It is the exact same game.  Just because they are stating it is Pre-Order doesn't mean that TFP has released a new console game.  The clue should be the image that they are showing.  The Pre-Order version that they are asking you to buy for an August 13,2021 release date states on the box that TTG is the publisher, who lost all rights to 7D2D when they went bankrupt and TFP purchased the rights back to 7D2D console version and any future versions based on the PC game they are creating.  Amazon and Micromania are not TFP so whatever they state online, I would not take as factual.  In fact, go to Amazon right now and search 7 days to die.  Notice that the price is $168.75 for the PlayStation 4 version.  That should be your first clue things are not legit since these sellers are trying to sell people a $30 game you can get through the PlayStation store for more than 5x its value......

image.thumb.png.e6804669fda53b0b9d6e29181a3fbb05.png

Has TFP stated anywhere that they are re-releasing the game or updating it or anything other than the banner post from 2019?  If they have and you have that information, please share it.

The description that Micromania is using seems to be an exact copy and paste of the PC steam store page description........

Edited by BFT2020 (see edit history)

Hi. 3rd party venders can change descriptions and call something they want to sell “a reissue” on their own sites easily. People were selling photographs of PS5’s on Amazon to trick scalper bots. Neither Amazon nor Micromania are official outlets for the game. There are only two official outlets for the digital download version: The PlayStation Store and The Microsoft Store. Physical copies ceased production when their publisher went out of business and no new physical editions of the game have been or will be produced. 

You are right to be suspicious. They are trying to scam you. Someone has clued into the huge desire for an update to the console and is trying to capitalize on that. 

Officially, and hopefully once and for all, there will be no further updates to the current version of the game for the PS4 and Xbox One. 

On 8/3/2021 at 7:00 AM, Okwawi said:

on the PS store the description of the game has changed by adding the turrets, electricity and various other things.

Here is the description copied from The PlayStation Store and there is no mention of turrets or electricity or various other things:

Game and Legal Info

Set in a brutally unforgiving post-apocalyptic world overrun by the undead, 7 Days to Die is an open-world game that is a unique combination of first person shooter, survival horror, tower defense, and role-playing games. It presents combat, crafting, looting, mining, exploration, and character growth, in a way that's completely new to the survival game genre.

Explore – Huge, unique and rich environments, offering the freedom to play the game any way you want.

Craft – Craft and repair weapons, clothes, armor, tools, vehicles, and more.

Build – Take over a ruin, or build from the ground-up. Design your fortress to include traps and defensive positions to survive the undead - the world is fully destructible and moldable.

Cooperate or Compete – Includes two player split screen mode, with support for up to 4 players online, in Player versus Player, co-op survival, or co-op creative modes.

Platform:
PS4
Release:
6/27/2016
Publisher:
Telltale Games
Genre:
Adventure, Horror

Please provide a link to this supposed alternated description. Thanks. 

Edited by Roland (see edit history)

okay, the only thing they mentioned about consoles in this video is that they are actively looking for partners to eventually start updating the console version and the only thing done so far is early work.  This correlates with what they have said before.  PC version is close to going Gold and they planned on doing something with the console version (if possible) after the PC version is released.

There is nothing in this video about what will make it to the console version, or even when you might see an update for the existing game on the console.  Based on the changes that have occurred between Alpha 14 and today (and more coming down the road), they might have to release a brand new game based on development rules with Microsoft and Sony.  Everything they talked about in the video is strictly what is coming to the PC version in Alpha 20 and beyond.  TFP is making the game for the PC and then porting what they can over to the consoles.  This is different from other developers who developed the game to run on the lowest hardware specs system (for example, Skyrim and Fallout 4 were developed for all 3 major systems so they were developed to be able to run at the lowest hardware settings available).

That's a big leap to go from a mention in a 2021 development stream about looking for partners to update the console to releasing it in August 2021.

For someone who has been adamant about getting an official statement by an official TFP staff member on this site, you are amazingly trusting of unofficial sources elsewhere that are telling you what you want to hear. 

Sorry for the disappointing truth. 7 Days to Die for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 is in its final state. Period. Believe nobody else on this. 

I did give the site, Micromania, to the owners so that legal can investigate them. 

we have trouble understanding each other. I don't trust third-party stores or you tubeur.

I was posting the video to ask you what they were saying.

in addition there is not only Micromania but also Amazon (France) as well as most of the stores which propose a reissue between August 13 and 20.

I repeat it the video is only there to know and translate to me what it says at the 6m30.

And I say it again in fact I only trust the officials where I came from on this forum ....

1 hour ago, BFT2020 said:

d'accord, la seule chose qu'ils ont mentionnée à propos des consoles dans cette vidéo est qu'ils recherchent activement des partenaires pour éventuellement commencer à mettre à jour la version de la console et la seule chose faite jusqu'à présent est le travail précoce. Cela correspond à ce qu'ils ont dit auparavant. La version PC est sur le point de devenir Gold et ils prévoyaient de faire quelque chose avec la version console (si possible) après la sortie de la version PC.

Il n'y a rien dans cette vidéo sur ce qui arrivera à la version console, ou même quand vous pourriez voir une mise à jour pour le jeu existant sur la console. Sur la base des changements survenus entre Alpha 14 et aujourd'hui (et d'autres à venir), ils pourraient devoir sortir un tout nouveau jeu basé sur des règles de développement avec Microsoft et Sony. Tout ce dont ils ont parlé dans la vidéo est strictement ce qui arrive à la version PC dans Alpha 20 et au-delà. TFP crée le jeu pour le PC, puis transfère ce qu'il peut sur les consoles. Ceci est différent des autres développeurs qui ont développé le jeu pour qu'il s'exécute sur le système de spécifications matérielles le plus bas (par exemple, Skyrim et Fallout 4 ont été développés pour les 3 principaux systèmes, ils ont donc été développés pour pouvoir fonctionner avec les paramètres matériels les plus bas disponibles).

C'est un grand pas pour passer d'une mention dans un flux de développement 2021 sur la recherche de partenaires pour mettre à jour la console à sa sortie en août 2021.

Thanks

2 hours ago, Okwawi said:

in addition there is not only Micromania but also Amazon (France) as well as most of the stores which propose a reissue between August 13 and 20.

This is probably not sold by Amazon itself. Amazon is also a marketplace like Ebay where small shops sell their wares.

4 hours ago, Okwawi said:

my english is not good enough to understand everything. but why is he talking about a console update in 2021?

Can you explain to me what he says in summary?

thank you

Video 6min30

The YouTube video thumbnail is very misleading.  I can see where someone might think the mentioned PC Only features would be coming to consoles when in reality its not.

So basically, you are believing random people on the internet that are claiming the 7D2D game is going to be released as a new game in August (this month), but don't believe in the fact, that despite this being a big event if it was, there has been zero communication out from TFP about releasing a new console version this month, or even who the new publisher is going to be, that the official website forum that is used as a communication media from the company to its fans says no new game is being released in August.......

Notice in the picture you shared that they response was check the manufacturer twitter account for updates?  I don't see anything on TFP about a console version being released this month, and I searched all the way back to March of this year and nothing.  Have you seen anything different in the TFP twitter account that  I missed.

You got 3 moderators here who have said it is not happening (I am not going to list myself since I am just a fan of the game and not an "official source") - Roland, Laz Man, and Meganoth, but keeping posting links to random people out there on the internet who is claiming otherwise.......but yet you want to hear from "official sources"

I don't think anything that would be said here is going to change your mind.  You want something to happen, and willing to ignore the fact that the company that is developing the game has said nothing about a game being released in August (they haven't even announced yet when Alpha 20 is going to drop for the PC version).  In fact, the official response has been that a port of the game would not occur until the PC version has gone Gold.

Good luck with that.

1 hour ago, Okwawi said:

Effectively you are showing that news and hoaxes jump from news-site to news-site to streamer to news-site to streamer..... Someone starts a rumor and everyone essentially copies from the same source. This is not independant confirmation, this is just exponential copy and paste in the internet age

Just a few days ago reputable gaming newssites were reporting that 3dfx-interactive (an old company who built GPUs) may be coming back (even though most sites also showed there were doubts about this). Yesterday it was reported it was just a hoax.

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

That Kraken video has a few false claims based upon the guy making assumptions and speculations of what the the developers said and stating them as facts. This guy is not an official source of 7 Days information. He wants likes and subscribes and so is creating "You heard it here first" news that will turn out to be false. He is making predictions based on his opinion and sharing out of context clips of the developers saying what sounds like confirmation.

Just watch the original stream. Don't take some rando influencer's interpretation when the source information is readily accessible.

There is no PS4 reissue of 7 Days to Die. It is a scam. There is no team made up of Unity developers and TFP developers currently working together on updates for the console version.