Mouse Support

BFT2020

This is an easy one for everyone to solve (as it only requires your opinion).

I started to see an issue while playing where I would instantly fire my bow instead of pulling back and holding the shot.  I then noticed that this occurred on other games where I had to keep my LMB pressed for long periods of time.  I reloaded the driver for the mouse (with the latest available but this mouse is not supported anymore so that was 2015 I think).  Problem still persist.  I swapped to my cheap 2 button work mouse and the issue went away.

My current mouse (the one with the LMB issue) is a Razer DeathAdder 3.5G.  I am thinking about replacing it with the Razer DeathAdder V2, but thought I would get some feedback before I replace it.  I can get by for a few days with the work mouse, and I really haven't thought much about Mice to make an opinion.

You can NOT go wrong with Razer. With that said, you have the infra-red 3.5G? It works fine here. Works on my 10 test system also. You sure the little clicker box beneath the button is not dirty? I have had to clean mine in the past to prevent multiple clicks.

*EDIT*

I still have a working Boomslang.

Edited by The_Great_Sephiroth (see edit history)

I used to have a naga... Back in my wow days. Then it broke, just like you say here. I switched to a corsair scimitar and havent looked back. Way easier to hold, for me.. I got rather large hands. And I can hit all buttons, where as the naga i had some issues hitting some of the top buttons. Plus it has multiple programmable settings to change what the entire mouse does. But yea... That's what i changed to and it's nice. Think they are about the same price as a naga though. Kinda expensive.

10 hours ago, The_Great_Sephiroth said:

You can NOT go wrong with Razer. With that said, you have the infra-red 3.5G? It works fine here. Works on my 10 test system also. You sure the little clicker box beneath the button is not dirty? I have had to clean mine in the past to prevent multiple clicks.

I was able to find an online video to take it part safely so I can check it out.  With the exception of the wheel area, the mouse is pretty clean inside.  I did wipe down the little clicker for the LMB, but that doesn't change anything.

It is definitely a mechanical issue.  The response of the clicker for the LMB is softer (weaker) than the clicker for the RMB.  Those mechanical switches can last a long time, but not forever.  It definitely looks like it just wore out over time and either needs to be replaced (While I don't mind fixing things, this is probably more than what I want to spend time on) or a new mouse is in my future.

11 hours ago, Jugginator said:

Personal preference of mine but I live and die by logitech mice, those things last me many years of heavy use and fit my hands well. Do what Seph said and try to clean it, but that is a symptom of it dying. 

Oh God, Jug, NO! Logicrap takes another! I loved them back in the days of DOS when they made quality stuff. Now it's all cheap Chinese mess. Hate their software too. My father still likes their stuff, despite needing to replace it yearly (seriously, he has a literal PILE of dead mice and keyboards), but I suppose anything you can buy at Walmart will hit the masses. I got mad with them back around the time they started selling in Walmart and I went through multiple gaming mice in two years. I'm just bitter to them. They refused to warrant any of them.

I DO own a Logitech serial mouse which still works. Now, where did my serial ports go? Oh, and do you think the TSR DOS app that made it work will run in 10? :p

BFT, if your clicker has failed it is easy enough to solder a new one on, but yeah, that's some time and effort and it may not save you much cash.

I have the g502 also, my favorite of the Logitech mice. I'm on my second one after wearing out the first after a few years of daily, multi-hour gaming sessions. It fits my hand nicely, perfect weight and the buttons program the way I like. I don't use the multiple dpi settings as I no longer play competitive fps games.