finally found a clue to what caused the Apocalypse

ElCabong

In one of those level 3 pois, part of the three building combo that has a crack a book on one side and a cafe on the other. In one of the rooms you'll see a newspaper on a poster wall about a nuclear explosion.

There's also an epic poster which tells you who the devs want to win the lawsuit.

It has already been established that the general sequence of events is:

1) An outbreak occurs due to exposure to a virus manufactured at the Red Mesa Facility

2) After unsuccessfully trying to stop the spread, the government nukes everything.

3) Some time after that, the Duke takes control of Navezgane

4) A small group of rebels led by a man named Noah begins to work against the rule of the Duke of Navezgane

5) You are dumped on the side of a road with minimal supplies and practically naked after displeasing the Duke in some way.

6) Noah and the White River Settlement faction watch you with interest....

So, yes, there were a few nuclear explosions. They did not cause the apocalypse but they definitely contributed to it.

22 hours ago, Roland said:

1) An outbreak occurs due to exposure to a virus manufactured at the Red Mesa Facility

Source? :D

I find red mesa to be rather unbelievable as origin location. It's a rocket silo/ army base with maybe one room that could be a lab of sorts. Also it's a remote location that easily could be isolated (in Navezgane).

...Idk, at least not the place it's been manufactured, but maybe the place where some dullhead trooper dropped a case with the vial of virus, seized elsewhere..

Higashi tower seems more suitable, though I assume that one might represent the efforts of a private company to stifle the outbreak before nukes were lobbed.

Of all the theories I've seen I still like the shamway special meat causing the outbreak the most, even if it's silly:]

On 7/12/2021 at 4:36 PM, Roland said:

2) After unsuccessfully trying to stop the spread, the government nukes everything.

3) Some time after that, the Duke takes control of Navezgane

4) A small group of rebels led by a man named Noah begins to work against the rule of the Duke of Navezgane

5) You are dumped on the side of a road with minimal supplies and practically naked after displeasing the Duke in some way.

6) Noah and the White River Settlement faction watch you with interest....

So, yes, there were a few nuclear explosions. They did not cause the apocalypse but they definitely contributed to it.

i still prefer to think roland that you and madmole had something to do with it 😛

8 hours ago, Kam R. said:

Source? :D

5 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Red Mesa? Interesting. How come?

I would have thought Higashi is involved here. I mean those tanks with the zombies in them?

Yeah...you both are probably right. I forgot about Higashi. Red Mesa was created before Higashi Towers and it was originally the site for the apocalypse as kind of an homage/spoof of Valve's Black Mesa. Higashi Towers does make more sense and I agree. The main sequence of events is correct while locations/particulars of the events themselves can still change.

So, you first feed people the genocidally modified Super Corn.    

Eating the Super Corn strangely caused people to work harder and are happy, almost manically so.

Then scientist from Wuhan said they had a way to make people work for free and are much, MUCH more happy. The idea is immediately approved by global industrialist and their political "toodies".

The nuclear devastation was only caused by some military personal trying to do there job and I quote: "Really, really well!  Can I have some more corn now?"

The gamma radiation caused by the nuclear devastation caused what is now commonly know as the Stockholm Hulk Syndrome, people group together and start to hate anyone else that is not grouped up.

This is all I currently know as "Al's Marina, Burrito bar and world salvation research center" was shut down by various evil ne'er do wells.

Hope this helps.