Shared electronic trap xp for multiplayer possible?

Thaledwyn

See this archived thread. Are there any news about this important topic?

Very sad if you go Int/trap build in multiplayer while playing with your friends / wife / etc. and xp with trap kills is not shared at all....

Wish we had this info earlier... So traps in multiplayer games are just useless for now...

Maybe make this a multiplayer option "Share trap XP" or similar (could be turned off by default).

Edited by Thaledwyn (see edit history)

Completely agree that it should be an option.

2 hours ago, Thaledwyn said:

So traps in multiplayer games are just useless for now...

But come on...they still slice and dice zombies, no? You can make the traps and let your co-op partner(s) place them if you want them to get some of that sweet sweet XP.

Edit: of course they'd have to perk into Engineering I guess which defeats the purpose of division of labor. So never mind that last bit.

Edited by Boidster (see edit history)

We have a double Int game running because we wanted to do "trap only" horde nights without shooting. Just sit back, relax and do some trap repairing from time to time.

Both have Advanced engineering 5/5 to get max exp.

The problem is:

Only the player who's trap does the kill gets the exp.

Maybe there could also be some other options:

- Share upgrade exp

- Share mining exp

- etc.

1 hour ago, Thaledwyn said:

We have a double Int game running because we wanted to do "trap only" horde nights without shooting. Just sit back, relax and do some trap repairing from time to time.

Both have Advanced engineering 5/5 to get max exp.

The problem is:

Only the player who's trap does the kill gets the exp.

Maybe there could also be some other options:

- Share upgrade exp

- Share mining exp

- etc.

That you get xp from traps is just some sugar to make that perk a little better, but it isn't the core of INT and getting XP is not the core of the game.

If you succeed in building a base where you just can sit back and watch, that should be the goal. If both of you set down traps, both of you will get a share of the xp.

I'm saying this because I think making AE perk xp shared is maybe or probably not high on the list of things to fix and I seem to remember devs saying that other forms of sharing xp (mining, building) is not intended. No guarantee about this, my memory is ńot to be relied on 😉. Shared group xp for killing was originally implemented to provide an incentive to group and do quests in a group. Since that is fully accomplished they probably view this as feature-complete.

And it isn't about  whether the devs think that would be nice as an option it is whether that situation is common enough to be worth the time to fix it. There is so much to do and fix, other stuff is simply higher on the priority list (presumably) and there will be still stuff on that list when time runs out and they want to release the game.

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

If you do the trap corridor, each put down 1 side.

My dart trap base uses 60.  2 rows of 15, 2 high on each side.

Electric fence for each row.

Dunno if you can each put down 1 half of the fence as well.

Also dunno if you can wire up someone elses traps.

But, if you can, then that should solve the shared problem for now.

• 2 years later...

Not sure if this will help anyone, but all I did was make a mod by editing the progression.xml (below), making it possible to share exp once you are rank 5 of AdvancedEngineering.

<configs>

<append xpath="/progression/perks/perk[@name='perkAdvancedEngineering']">
        <effect_group>
            <!-- Increases exp gained from Electrical Traps from standard to 20%, 40%, 60%, 80%, 100% -->
            <passive_effect name="ElectricalTrapXP" operation="base_set" level="1,2,3,4,5" value=".2,.4,.6,.8,1"/>

<!-- At rank 5 of Advanced Engineering, 100% of exp gained from a trap kill is shared with your party -->

<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfProgressionUpdate" action="ModifyCVar" cvar="AdvancedEngineeringLevel" operation="set" value="1" target="selfOtherPlayers" target_tags="ally,party">
                <requirement name="ProgressionLevel" progression_name="perkAdvancedEngineering" operation="Equals" value="5"/>
                <requirement name="CVarCompare" cvar="AdvancedEngineeringLevel" target="other" operation="LT" value="5"/>
            </triggered_effect>

</effect_group>    
    </append>

</configs>