Congratulations on the new zombies

I want to express my gratitude to everyone who is working on the new zombies and everything new in character design. The new zombies, and I hope everything that comes next too, is a huge improvement to the game. They are well made, they are designed correctly and they are beautiful to look at as well as scary. I would like to see lots of new basic and even special zombies, and also new monsters if possible... With new movements, new sounds. Possibly I would like to see many other implementations of the game, but already these new charachters give new life to the final product. Good work, good job! 

I agree, they look great. I think they might actually look too good in a way; they're so detailed and specific that they get repetitive easily. Doesn't help that streamers are literally giving them names as a side-effect... :)

Comparing to something like Terraria or (early) Marios, their repetitive enemies are carbon copies, but it doesn't bother the player as they're mostly just .. "icons". The graphic style allows one to see them as a "class of enemy" and I think that makes the difference.

Something like Borderlands has the same bandits all over, but they're not that detailed and a lot of them have their faces covered so they're also more like a class. And then there's a lot of variance to enemy types (beasts and bots and such), grouped as "events" and not intermixed randomly.

I hope the bandits will give some variance in that "types"-part, but otherwise I wouldn't mind a little less distinct features for the practically identical zeds. In my eyes, for example, soldiers and cops work just fine, but the posse of "nothing specific mechanically but really distinct in looks zeds" gets odd due to the level of detail.

I don't like the new... Hawaiian.  Hes just....  to much.
And red hair colour of one of the ladies seems a little too cartoony for my liking. 

Grannies panties could do with a little work too.

But new nurse is a major upgrade in reality over the previous... Halloween? nurse
Also prefer the new stripper over the previous.  Little less itty bitty titty is OK in my book.

Although i know its probably not going to happen... some variety in the same zombie would be nice. Different color shirts, clothes or hair for example.
As 3 zombies coming at you looking all exactly the same, does looses it realism.
And yes I'm aware this will just double the file size per zombie colored. but spare hard-drive space shouldn't be holding this back.

But the total zombie variety count has yet to be seen and can't wait to deal to some new "specials" .

2 hours ago, Fightingchook said:

Although i know its probably not going to happen... some variety in the same zombie would be nice. Different color shirts, clothes or hair for example.
As 3 zombies coming at you looking all exactly the same, does looses it realism.
And yes I'm aware this will just double the file size per zombie colored. but spare hard-drive space shouldn't be holding this back.

Even better, it needn't double the file size.  They've already pulled off a tinting system for weapons/tools/clothing, and in A20 that will expand to include vehicles.  It should be possible to tint zombie clothes/hair/skin if they're willing to produce the character art assets in the right way.  The other way to add variety without blowing up the resource budget is with swappable parts.  That is, each soldier zombie has on a few pieces pulled at random from a library of different boots, hats, belts, armor pieces, etc.  Their previous attempt at this sort of thing, UMA, didn't perform well, but I'd sure like to still see some kind of individual variation.

10 hours ago, Fightingchook said:

I mean they added this in mods, I think TFP could manage something before release. I'd definitely love to have a large variety of different looks to the zombies. Different skin tones and clothing would make a big difference. But it's not so pressing, as to make the game unplayable. Especially if it ever gets released, the modders can go to town without any kind of deadline between patches. So truly amazing projects can be completed with mods. I can't wait!

On 6/8/2021 at 4:28 PM, Hunter of zombie pigs said:

I want to express my gratitude to everyone who is working on the new zombies and everything new in character design. The new zombies, and I hope everything that comes next too, is a huge improvement to the game. They are well made, they are designed correctly and they are beautiful to look at as well as scary. I would like to see lots of new basic and even special zombies, and also new monsters if possible... With new movements, new sounds. Possibly I would like to see many other implementations of the game, but already these new charachters give new life to the final product. Good work, good job! 

Well i approve most of changes lik RWG , new zombie cop , lumberjack , but  burning zombie looks bad- i mean cool model and it could feet perfect to dragon age , skyrim or cod ( well cod have magic stuff now like spell books magic staffs etc) but it not suits to 7dtd - 7dtd was in previouse alpha more similar to horror games like dead space , white school etc now it is changing into rage 2 and funny post apo i rly i hate this. new guns model looks like  b movie from 80-90  or junk drons . this is going in bad way. i fell 3-4 updates and it will looks like fortnitexd

8 hours ago, Crater Creator said:

Even better, it needn't double the file size.  They've already pulled off a tinting system for weapons/tools/clothing, and in A20 that will expand to include vehicles.  It should be possible to tint zombie clothes/hair/skin if they're willing to produce the character art assets in the right way.  The other way to add variety without blowing up the resource budget is with swappable parts.  That is, each soldier zombie has on a few pieces pulled at random from a library of different boots, hats, belts, armor pieces, etc.  Their previous attempt at this sort of thing, UMA, didn't perform well, but I'd sure like to still see some kind of individual variation.

Well i hope it can be done now . some mods to l4d2 like     L4D1 Common Infected Overhaul created by Skessler       have  286.720 zombie variants - vanilia have 64 variants so i think it can be done - just diffrent skin tones, blood and  dirt- so even 100 could be good enough