New traps!

Adam the Waster

ITS A TRAP!

so if your a Player like me, the trap you Mostly uses it Blade traps, Shock traps, spikes, mines and thats it really. Dart traps don't really fit my taste, and turrets are not bad ether. but here are just some cool extra traps, variety is the Spice of life!

• Beartrap: A early game trap made with wood, spring, scrap metal and some good old tape!. once you Place it like a Mine the targets will walk on it and they can be ether. Locked into place, become crippled, or even have their legs Broken! to players it can lock them into Place, deal bleed, Cripple or even give infection! once they are activated they are closed but you are able to rearm them by pressing E on them, they have 5 HP and each time its used. it uses 1 durability

• Military Landmine: Its kind of odd that in the Prewar military's camps they uses crappy Air filter mines, so this is a new type of mine, they are a Bit more costly but well worth it. When they blow up rather then the pipe bomb like Boom its more like a grenade, it has Larger Blast radius, and if somehow they get away from the Explosion! zombies will be knocked off their feet! or even have limbs broken off! to players its SUPER deadly! and cars will become Scrap if you run them over! so Watch you!

• Flinger: Do you just hate how them Undead SOBs just get into your base and you want to send them to the Heavens??? THIS TRAP IS FOR YOU! about as big as a Blade trap, this trap has a Large Metal plate to act as the foundation with a Compress air tank, with a Large bellow on the bottom that acts as a Spring and to hold the air, and a Wooden Board that will act as the "flinger tool". all through not too handy for closed in buildings like a Bunker, they are great if you live on a Building or a castle! able to fling the zombies back (Max is 5 at a time) and if they hit the ground they can ether become crippled, take alot of damage or even die! However each time its used it will be damaged over time, it has about 600 HP and once it hits 200 it will not want to work anymore! YOU can uses it as Jump Pad but make sure you got something soft Under you! cuz it will HURT! 

• Auto trapdoor: Two types! Wooden and Steel! this door way is about 4x4 blocks long/wide and the 2x2 in the center will open up to make them drop too their DOOM! needs power to activate! 

• Spikes (New model)
    like Many blocks where you can change there shapes, you can do the same for Spikes now you have 3 new shapes!
    (Spike placement, Spike plate and Spike barrel) Placement is better for a open field and is the classic look! Spike Plate looks like a Crude plate/sheet with spikes on it! Good for roads and walls, And spike barrels are Kinda like log spikes but can be used as pillars for bases so they will not nibble on your Support beams!

Steel spikes model: Looks like Sharp rebar with wire and with Extra spike teeth!

Wooden spike plate: Looks like 4 planks of wood nailed together and it has 9 wooden spikes stabled into it  
    Iron Spike plate: Looks like a Cop spike strip with a Hex pattern. has alot of Spikes and even some nails!
    Steel spike Plate: Looks like a steel plate with Blades and spikes on it! 

wooden spike barrel: looks like a Shaved log with spikes nailed into it!
    Iron spike barrel: looks like a Rusty gas barrel with Metal spikes in it
    Steel spike barrel: looks like a Reinforced barrel with braces and Has ALOT of spikes and even Axe like blades on it!

• Barbed Wire (New model and changeable look)
    the New barbed wire looks more like Razor wire with a Curved look with teeth on it!

• Electrical trap (Changeable look)
    able to change the look of them too fit a new role
    Wire Coil: a better look and works better for a Wire fence if you want to make it like a Jurassic park fence!
    Wire rod: looks like the classic one!

• Flamethrower trap: Uses gas and works Kinda like a Dart trap! where when its powered it will turn on! rather then Darts it shoots FIRE! good for dealing with large groups but watch the gas! will break over time so keep a eye on it! 

• Shotgun trap (New model):  rather then the pump shotgun its the Auto shotgun

CHANGES for Power items!

• Trip wires are a Base level item (meaning no need to unlock it! you just have it already!
  • Able to change the tone of Alarms! (from a Cop alarm, bank alarm, Air raid alarm etc)
  • Alarms now emit "Heat" and can lure zombies in the area! SO you don't need to do the camp fires! alarms can do it for you! and can be uses to lure zombies to a different area 
  • Able to change the look of lights and even color!

@Adam the Waster you are like Fred from Scooby doo you rly loves traps XD

Everything is good so i officaly support this idea XD 

and something for me - metal rebars as metal spikes

and razor wire  as upgraded barber wire - need more metal but bigger  dmg and better durability

laser sensor - it need power - and have 2 part : start and end . You put start somewhere and on this same line and. And if someone or something the laser it start making peep noice .  Like early response system.

Mud - mix of bottle water and dirt. can't do dmg but slow you and zombies.

heater : perfect to set on  snow biom but lure zombies well but it don't need fuel XD

Well and maybe you can set "screamer roar" as  alarm to respawn zombie horde

and maybe some props like : dead zombie lying on barber wire , on spike , zombie torse on minefield

3 hours ago, bachgaman said:

The game already resembles Tower Defense considering AI zombies and the extraordinary power of traps

Well spikes are too weak i mean the should get " fall dmg" bonus like - if zombie fall on them from 2 block spike will do 2.5x dmg , 3 blocks 3x dmg ,4  5x dmg so this would make people will make big holes with spikes against zombies 

5 hours ago, Matt115 said:

Well spikes are too weak i mean the should get " fall dmg" bonus like - if zombie fall on them from 2 block spike will do 2.5x dmg , 3 blocks 3x dmg ,4  5x dmg so this would make people will make big holes with spikes against zombies 

but dart trap and electric fence can easily cope without a player

1 hour ago, bachgaman said:

but dart trap and electric fence can easily cope without a player

Yeah but i don't like idea of "electric" trap - Dart trap should have small dmg and work like dart traps from example dead fall adventure  or indiana jones- you want it working good you must bulid it at least 20 per wall  like :  dart trap zombies dart trap . 

Electric fence if fine but  spike more "cool" - like POP , TR and more . ofc hole must be rly big and deep but it should add nice dmg

1 hour ago, Matt115 said:

Yeah but i don't like idea of "electric" trap - Dart trap should have small dmg and work like dart traps from example dead fall adventure  or indiana jones- you want it working good you must bulid it at least 20 per wall  like :  dart trap zombies dart trap . 

Electric fence if fine but  spike more "cool" - like POP , TR and more . ofc hole must be rly big and deep but it should add nice dmg

I think the fence should just have a trigger limit or not stun for that long. Darts should shoot much slower and deal less damage.

On 5/28/2021 at 2:01 PM, Adam the Waster said:

Flamethrower trap: Uses gas and works Kinda like a Dart trap! where when its powered it will turn on! rather then Darts it shoots FIRE! good for dealing with large groups but watch the gas! will break over time so keep a eye on it! 

I would really like to see someday a flamethrower in 7DTD with its stunning effect on zombies. Could function as an effective weapon to slow down the zombie's movement etc.

On 5/28/2021 at 2:01 PM, Adam the Waster said:

Military Landmine: Its kind of odd that in the Prewar military's camps they uses crappy Air filter mines, so this is a new type of mine, they are a Bit more costly but well worth it. When they blow up rather then the pipe bomb like Boom its more like a grenade, it has Larger Blast radius, and if somehow they get away from the Explosion! zombies will be knocked off their feet! or even have limbs broken off! to players its SUPER deadly! and cars will become Scrap if you run them over! so Watch you!

Spikes (New model)
like Many blocks where you can change there shapes, you can do the same for Spikes now you have 3 new shapes!
(Spike placement, Spike plate and Spike barrel) Placement is better for a open field and is the classic look! Spike Plate looks like a Crude plate/sheet with spikes on it! Good for roads and walls, And spike barrels are Kinda like log spikes but can be used as pillars for bases so they will not nibble on your Support beams

I would rather see spikes that could be deployed by 1x4 blocks (some sort of a stripe) or even a variety of them like 1x1 (that is currently now present in the game), 1x3, or even 4x4 blocks. In the same manner, could be implemented some sort of minefields/traps and other objects in the game. Such a system would help players to place really fast spikes and other objects without thinking about repairing/placing a single object that requires 1 block of space. Current systems seem to be inefficient and a lot might be derived from even from the RTS genre etc. in this matter. Obviously, any spike might be destroyed separately in such a grid, but repairs would be easier and faster as well as placement.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/28/2021 at 9:01 AM, Adam the Waster said:
  • Beartrap: A early game trap made with wood, spring, scrap metal and some good old tape!. once you Place it like a Mine the targets will walk on it and they can be ether. Locked into place, become crippled, or even have their legs Broken! to players it can lock them into Place, deal bleed, Cripple or even give infection! once they are activated they are closed but you are able to rearm them by pressing E on them, they have 5 HP and each time its used. it uses 1 durability

On several occasions, I've found myself wishing for bear traps.  Spikes don't always do what I want.  Sometimes I want a cheap, one-shot (repairs optional) trap that cripples a zombie instead of just damaging it.  I've considered making a small mod for myself, but I'm lazy.  There's definitely an unfilled niche here.

Edited by Anxiety123 (see edit history)