Sand ?

hannibal9411

Unless you are setting up a glue manufacturing line, just looting alone should get you enough jars to make glue (and still have left over for drinks).  At the beginning you might not have very many, but you also have a lot of needs to take care of so you should prioritize your jars based on your needs.  If you keep say, 10, you have plenty to make drinks (and you get those back after you use them).  Anything else goes to murky water for making glue.

As SylenThunder mentioned, broken glass is also useful for making glass jars once you put it in the forge.  A lot of players don't bother taking broken glass with them because they get enough empty jars from looting.

3 minutes ago, Beelzybub said:

Ways to get sand:

Head to the desert and dig.

Construction sites often have a large pile.

If you have a cement mixer you can craft it from stone.

Good luck!

good point.  I always forget about the pile of sand at the various construction sites I visit.  I typically get all the cement, cobblestone, and stones; but I keep forgetting about that big pile of sand in the front I can shovel up to use.

Thanks to all . And I do appreciate the great advice  . I"m obviously verry new to the game but I really appreciate the good and constructive feedback from the friendly community .I expected ridicule for asking such a basic question