Any Point to Reinforced Iron - or even Wood?

Does reinforced iron - or even wood - get any kind of buff? I made a base in a small iron-walled caravan and thought to upgrade the walls, but reinforced iron has the same 1000 hitpoints of regular iron. I know I can turn it into concrete, but is there any benefit to reinforced iron - or even wood - by themselves? Or is it just a stepping stone to the next upgrade?

Apparently the devs think the answer is no.  They've said publicly that they're removing reinforced and downgrade-able materials (source: Madmole in the dev diary, right here on the forum).  Alpha 20 is planned to only have wood, stone, concrete, and steel. :rip:

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Selevan said:

I never understood the process of removing 50% of the game features within the last 3 updates (so about 40 months, lol) as well, but oh well.

Me neither. When you find a development studio that has done so, could you ask them and then come back here and explain it to the rest of us?

No rush...Take your time....

12 hours ago, Selevan said:

I never understood the process of removing 50% of the game features within the last 3 updates (so about 40 months, lol) as well, but oh well.

Im just sad that they removed the crafting-recipe to the refrigirator! One of the first things me and my friends checks when we look for a house to live in, is wether it has a working refrigirator or not xD

That aside, many of the "removed" features has either been reworked or simplified, and we also got a ton of new features instead! So maybe 10% is removed completely, but 30% new things have been added :)

Edited by Hyperbolt (see edit history)