Adding a Perimeter to quest areas after acceptance.

Darklegend222

I've "left the area" far too many times either forgetting i had a quest active since i was after the POI, or because i was running away from a zombie not thinking to go left instead of backwards.

It'd be nice if there was a visible boundary instead of guessing how far is too far. Especially for smaller POIs.

5 hours ago, bdubyah said:

Look at the checkmark in the top right in the quest objectives. It changes color when you get close to the boundary. If it's yellow, you are almost too far out. 

No guessing needed. ;)

Read the first part of the first sentence again. It's easy to get caught up in a POI you forget it's also a quest. There should be a more visible marker for idiots, and for people who don't want to watch a number whilst running away to regain stamina.

3 hours ago, Darklegend222 said:

There should be a more visible marker for idiots

Many people already complained about the HUD-markers, because it takes away immersion. Your avatar is not wearing a high end augmented reality googles that blend everything into you view.

I agree with Darklegend222. Game was already simplified more than enough. If you still can't handle, probably the game is not the right choice for you.

Alternatively: Look for mods. Perhaps something that may help you can also be modded into.

I have to agree with the above. The dig markers are a thing because of how the narrowing works (each X number of blocks shortens the zone you are told to dig in) and the fact that any maps/locations from traders are supposed to be "approximate" so you (as a character) know "I dig around here, I'll find it"

Also, the only quests in a POI are fetch quests. If you're "caught up in a POI" you only need to look at the upper right corner, unless you have a permanent quest there or something, it's not like you'd be used to having text there. Plus, you have to activate the quest to begin with. If you do that and forget, then like Liesel Weppen said, the avatar isn't wearing VR goggles that make this a game-in-a-game in a sense, so either don't do fetch quests or don't do them if you see it's a POI you care about?

If the game has to be made easier because you can't remember you're on a quest, it's not for you.

On 4/6/2021 at 2:19 AM, Darklegend222 said:

Read the first part of the first sentence again. It's easy to get caught up in a POI you forget it's also a quest. There should be a more visible marker for idiots, and for people who don't want to watch a number whilst running away to regain stamina.

You do realize that every time you start a quest, a magical, invisible gnome comes to the location and cleans up the landscaping around the POI.  You already have a visible marker in place to tell you where you should stay if you don't want to fail the quest.  Inside the nice cleaned up area that the gnome took care of before you went inside, you are good.  Step outside that area and be prepared to fail your quest.

On 4/12/2021 at 8:22 AM, BFT2020 said:

You do realize that every time you start a quest, a magical, invisible gnome comes to the location and cleans up the landscaping around the POI.  You already have a visible marker in place to tell you where you should stay if you don't want to fail the quest.  Inside the nice cleaned up area that the gnome took care of before you went inside, you are good.  Step outside that area and be prepared to fail your quest.

Didn't realize gnomes were in the desert. Christ you people get upset at the SMALLEST idea. No wonder this game is having a very hard time in Early Access.

Just voicing our opinion, same as you. I think it's a terrible idea, so I voiced that. Nothing personal, I just don't want to see some magic forcefield crap just because someone can't remember not to leave the POI they are questing in. 

The yellow checkmark is nice, but it doesn't exactly catch your eye. I've left supplies behind when questing with friends and not realized it until the mission fails. Not a huge deal, my fault for playing eight hours straight and becoming absent minded. But that said, if the yellow checkmark was animated to fade in and out it would've drawn my attention over there and I would've realized my mistake.