I find it oddly therapeutic to bash zombie heads in with a baseball bat

ElCabong

Until we got the baseball bat I mostly ignored the club. I kept it around for buzzards, that being the best way to deal with buzzards. But I didn't try to use it because anytime you mele you risk the disease and I didn't want to mess with it.

I ditch the club for the baseball bat as soon as I can get it. I'll finish off the Z's with it if they survive my first shot. My only complaint is it makes the aluminum bat sound when I hit them in the head. I prefer the ding you get from wood bats. It's the best way to relieve frustration after coming home from work.

34 minutes ago, ElCabong said:

I ditch the club for the baseball bat as soon as I can get it. I'll finish off the Z's with it if they survive my first shot. My only complaint is it makes the aluminum bat sound when I hit them in the head. I prefer the ding you get from wood bats. It's the best way to relieve frustration after coming home from work.

Wait until they add legendary weapons.... imagine a Joe Di Maggio baseball bat with guranteed knock out! :smokin:

Spoiler

Hall of Famer Joe DiMaggio was born 100 years ago today ...

17 minutes ago, Jost Amman said:

Wait until they add legendary weapons.... imagine a Joe Di Maggio baseball bat with guranteed knock out! :smokin:

Reveal hidden contents

Hall of Famer Joe DiMaggio was born 100 years ago today ...

negative... that will be the steel pot that you will place on your head and when zombies give you head butt, they then knock themselves out cold. :) oh btw you will need the perk "Hard Head"

55 minutes ago, ElCabong said:

Until we got the baseball bat I mostly ignored the club. I kept it around for buzzards, that being the best way to deal with buzzards. But I didn't try to use it because anytime you mele you risk the disease and I didn't want to mess with it.

i am exclusive melee fighter until BM 14+ then i have to use a weapon until i run out of ammo.. but yes... when i can make the bat... its all bets off for the therapy session.

Edited by unholyjoe (see edit history)

The core gameplay is really fun in this game, thats a very important point. Why are ppl playing Assasins Creed? Because its fun to use the same combos and moves over and over again. A simple funny mechanic.

Best part is in early game with low to medium weapons and not much green zombies. Very enjoyable to just shoot some zeds like in a simple duckshot game.

They improved the animations and movement a lot. I remember times when zeds had only instant 90 degree turn "animations" and they are so fast they couldnt even hit you because they are to fast and running crazy around without sense and reason. Now they have several ragdolls and react to hitzones, awesome!

Still lot of potential to improve. A worthy part of the game to use ressources on.  When its fun to shoot and punch zeds the game has allready won. The arsenal of weapontypes is awesome. I dont like the running zombies, it makes it so uncontrolled and force spamfire, also green ones are to much but i think this will improve "soon" when more different zeds come on the stage.

My fav is early weapons, bows, sledge hammer. Sadly its not worth to skill into it because they get so fast dramatically worse then bulletweapons. Its more a lategamefun for later to use the early weapons.