Hey, the roofs work now.

ElCabong

Is that with a player made roof then?   What materials did you make it out of?

I was in a POI with a concrete roof, and I still saw rain coming in and was getting wet while inside, but again that was a POI.

I need to reinforce the concrete and see if that works or if I can build a 2nd roof over the top to test that out.

Edited by Darthjake
punctuation (see edit history)

Last I noticed several Alphas ago, this depended on the shape and ignored rotation.  So half blocks would always let the rain in, even if they covered an area with no gaps.  Rain would also come through hatches, because the game wouldn't bother to take into account whether the hatch is open or closed.

5 hours ago, Crater Creator said:

Last I noticed several Alphas ago, this depended on the shape and ignored rotation.  So half blocks would always let the rain in, even if they covered an area with no gaps.  Rain would also come through hatches, because the game wouldn't bother to take into account whether the hatch is open or closed.

This is in a house I made. 100%. It is a 13x10 rectangle with a flat roof. I have upgraded everything to Stone. The walls are glass blocks. It is one square away from the Frozen biome so I get the weather. It has stopped all of the weather rain or snow. It's entirely possible I just by accident have an oriented just right so it doesn't rain inside or snow inside. It is parallel to the snow biome.

Edited by ElCabong
clarification (see edit history)

• 6 months later...

CORRECTION: I visually looks like it's raining inside the entire top level of my base, but I only get wet under the hatch, next to the door, or next to the windows. 

UPDATE: I placed an overhang OUTSIDE over each door, window, and hatch (looks funky, but oh well). I seems to have fixed the problem.

In my case, I only have problem with roof and rain when I put a hatch to access the roof. Rain would come in a certain number of tiles around the hatch, something like a cone with the hatch in the center. This has been the case for as long as I can remember (I started playing with Alpha 15) and is still the case with Alpha 19.

My solution is to build a small roof thingy over the hatch on the roof. That prevent any rain from getting inside my home base. Here's a screenshot of what I mean.

image.thumb.png.67ac5e5693c1460b6a1d718e0531d99f.png

Edited by Ericbeaudoin
Added a screenshot. (see edit history)

On 10/17/2021 at 4:40 PM, Ericbeaudoin said:

In my case, I only have problem with roof and rain when I put a hatch to access the roof. Rain would come in a certain number of tiles around the hatch, something like a cone with the hatch in the center. This has been the case for as long as I can remember (I started playing with Alpha 15) and is still the case with Alpha 19.

My solution is to build a small roof thingy over the hatch on the roof. That prevent any rain from getting inside my home base. Here's a screenshot of what I mean.

image.thumb.png.67ac5e5693c1460b6a1d718e0531d99f.png

Wish I'd have thought of that.