Sam's Special Ammo

saminal

A little server-side modlet that adds a few extra tactical ammo types:

• a concussion grenade, which knocks down enemies but does low damage
  • a shock grenade, which electrifies everybody in a 6 metre radius
  • shock arrows and bolts, which act like a taser - shocking and knocking down any enemy they hit
  • a heavy snowball - a little more effective than the basic snowball, since it's got a rock in the middle of it

The grenades are gated behind Demolitions Expert, or by finding the schematics, and the arrows can be unlocked by completing the Ranger book series, or progressing in Advanced Engineering.

Anybody can stick a rock in a snowball.

Click here to download

Updated 15/04/21 - fixed a bug with the shock arrows and bolts that would sometimes cause the shock buff to apply to the player instead of the target, when sneaking. Weird.

specialammo1.jpg

specialammo2.png

specialammo3.png

Edited by saminal
bugfix update (see edit history)

8 hours ago, saminal said:

• shock arrows and bolts, which act like a taser - shocking and knocking down any enemy they hit
  • a heavy snowball - a little more effective than the basic snowball, since it's got a rock in the middle of it

The grenades are gated behind Demolitions Expert, or by finding the schematics, and the arrows can be unlocked by completing the Ranger book series, or progressing in Advanced Engineering.

Click here to download

specialammo1.jpg

specialammo2.png

specialammo3.png

whatever you do dont add M.O.A.B.S as ammo for the rocket launcher otherwise people will be making 50x50 holes to bedrock trust i speak from experience on that matter XD

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Kwapsik said:

which line is responsible for gun damage? I want to pick up a little and I can't find 

In items.xml you're looking for the lines like:

<passive_effect name="EntityDamage" operation="base_set" value="45"/>

And for grenades, there is a similar one for BlockDamage too.

Having an issue with "shock bolts" with the Compound Crossbow. Occasionally when shooting a sleeping zombie the player will get shocked as well leading to the death of a player.

2 minutes ago, Drazsen said:

Having an issue with "shock bolts" with the Compound Crossbow. Occasionally when shooting a sleeping zombie the player will get shocked as well leading to the death of a player.

Turns out the shock arrows do it as well.

13 minutes ago, Drazsen said:

Turns out the shock arrows do it as well.

I'll see if I can reproduce it and figure out what's happening. Do you have any other mods loaded?

10 minutes ago, saminal said:

I'll see if I can reproduce it and figure out what's happening. Do you have any other mods loaded?

A fair few. Was just happening on zombies that were sleeping while I and a few of my other players were sleeping. This mod was the latest one we have added, and beyond this bug it is amazing.

not players sleeping, zombies. Ignore my mistype there lol

15 hours ago, Drazsen said:

A fair few. Was just happening on zombies that were sleeping while I and a few of my other players were sleeping. This mod was the latest one we have added, and beyond this bug it is amazing.

Well I'm glad you're enjoying it! I've tried really hard to reproduce this but unfortunately I failed. I tried with just my mod + vanilla, then with the main suspect in your list (custom zombies, which is the only one that would touch buffs or entities) and then with all of them that I could identify (see attached for list).

Is this a dedicated server you're running, or just a local game you share? Do you know where to find the ConfigsDump for your game? Could you run the 'version' command on your server and send me the output?

Also, since it's an existing game and I'm just testing with new playthroughs and creative menu, could you check a few things for me:

1. Is it affecting all players, or only some?
  2. Does it happen reliably every time, or just sometimes?
  3. If only some players, is there anything they have in common e.g. read all 7 tech junkie books, maxed Electrocutioner skill
  4. Does it only happen if the sleeper is killed in one hit? or only if they aren't killed in one hit? or happens regardless?

22 21_22_43-7 Days To Die.png

7 hours ago, saminal said:

Well I'm glad you're enjoying it! I've tried really hard to reproduce this but unfortunately I failed. I tried with just my mod + vanilla, then with the main suspect in your list (custom zombies, which is the only one that would touch buffs or entities) and then with all of them that I could identify (see attached for list).

Is this a dedicated server you're running, or just a local game you share? Do you know where to find the ConfigsDump for your game? Could you run the 'version' command on your server and send me the output?

Also, since it's an existing game and I'm just testing with new playthroughs and creative menu, could you check a few things for me:

1. Is it affecting all players, or only some?
  2. Does it happen reliably every time, or just sometimes?
  3. If only some players, is there anything they have in common e.g. read all 7 tech junkie books, maxed Electrocutioner skill
  4. Does it only happen if the sleeper is killed in one hit? or only if they aren't killed in one hit? or happens regardless?

22 21_22_43-7 Days To Die.png

It is a dedicated server, but not one of my own. I am just a moderator on that so will see about getting you that other information from them. Until then though.,

1: It is effecting a handful of players at the moment, all those who have crafted the ammo thus far has experienced it.
2: It seems to only happen when you hit a zombie who is sleeping while you are sneaking.
3: No, I am not as far along as other players and they are pretty maxed out on perks/books whereas I am not, but I can replicate it on my end.
4: It does not seem to happen if the zombie is one hit killed. Only if they are shot and the electricity field appears does it effect the player.

Sorry for late reply, had a busy day

unknown.png
unknown.png

On 3/23/2021 at 4:57 AM, Drazsen said:

It is a dedicated server, but not one of my own. I am just a moderator on that so will see about getting you that other information from them. Until then though.,

Thanks for answering the questions. Unfortunately I still can't reproduce it with that. Were you able to request the ConfigsDump from the admins? 

23 hours ago, saminal said:

Thanks for answering the questions. Unfortunately I still can't reproduce it with that. Were you able to request the ConfigsDump from the admins? 

I will bring it up to them again and see if I can grab it. I am thinking it must be one of our other mods interfering, but no idea which one. Will try to get that by tomorrow for you if possible.

1 hour ago, Drazsen said:

https://pastebin.com/vGzgP3fQ

Here is the
ConfigsDump. Hopefully it helps

That's not it I'm afraid; that's the serverconfig. The ConfigsDump is a folder that lives in the Save, under World\WorldName\GameName\ConfigsDump. It'll need to be zipped up as it contains several files. It contains the XML files for the game, with all of the XML changes created by mods, and they're tagged with the mod name.

If you can get me that folder, I'll be able to piece together which bits of my mod are also tangled up with another mod you're running to cause this behaviour.

28 23_34_29-Outback Decay Main - ftp___samj@139.99.149.119_8821 - FileZilla.png

28 23_37_47-● items.xml - Untitled (Workspace) - Visual Studio Code.png

On 2/28/2021 at 3:59 AM, saminal said:

Click here to download

specialammo1.jpg

specialammo2.png

specialammo3.png

sounds amazing sam 1 thign i advise however that you dont add is the M.O.A.B ammo as when i ahd that in a mod i cleared otu a 100x100 area all the way to bedrock  and had tons of other large holes in my world :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2021 at 10:21 PM, Drazsen said:

https://pastebin.com/vGzgP3fQ

Here is the
ConfigsDump. Hopefully it helps

Good news, I've finally had the issue affect me on my own server! Seems to happen when I'm sneaking and get a successful sneak attack on a wandering zombie, but I've not had it happen with sleepers. I've got my own configs dump to work with now, and I can check if it's related to the books I've read etc. Hopefully I'll be able to figure out what's going on soon.

On 4/14/2021 at 10:07 AM, saminal said:

Good news, I've finally had the issue affect me on my own server! Seems to happen when I'm sneaking and get a successful sneak attack on a wandering zombie, but I've not had it happen with sleepers. I've got my own configs dump to work with now, and I can check if it's related to the books I've read etc. Hopefully I'll be able to figure out what's going on soon.

@Drazsen

Fixed it, with a little help from Alter and bdubyah, I think I've got this fixed. Just a small tweak to the trigger that applies the buff. I've updated the file, the original link is still the place to go. I've tested it updating the mod on an existing save and had no issues, and the changes to the code are really minor, so you should be able to update it in place on your server - that said, please take a backup just in case!

Let me know how you go :D

• 2 months later...

any chance you would be interested in adding napalm arrows? flaming arrows are cool, but imagine the fun we could have if that fire spreads like a Molotov!! I tried doing it myself but I set myself on fire too many times and gave up D:

7 minutes ago, Eko said:

any chance you would be interested in adding napalm arrows? flaming arrows are cool, but imagine the fun we could have if that fire spreads like a Molotov!! I tried doing it myself but I set myself on fire too many times and gave up 😧

I can definitely give it a go!

• 11 months later...
9 hours ago, chikuwa said:

Can't it be used with α20?

Looks like it should.  The mod creator used the names of the loot groups in the loot file so there shouldn't be any conflicts there (and didn't modify any loot containers).

Easiest way to check is to install it and watch to see if you get any errors during loading (look in the console).  Then go into CM on a test game and grab those items / spawn in zombies to fight with them.  You will see right away if they are working or not.

• 11 months later...