Sam's Working Stuff - A20, Server-Side

saminal

Just now, Vain said:

Good morning everyone.
I downloaded the Mod a20 and put in on my server.
When i try to use my stove, i get NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object'.
Any idea how to fix?

Any other mods on? Can you send me your client log for the time that happened? There will be more details in the log file than what shows in the console.

Good Day Saminal,

Question ... is there a way to make the oven NOT look like a campfire ... hide the flame or something. Just wondering

I know it has been done in the pass by other modder's ... but theirs don't work or have not been updated to A20.

Thank You ... the Old Gamer .. 😌

Amazing mod!

The only issue I'm having (and I'm sure its me being a noob) how in gods name do you turn on the lights?! I press E over the light and get the options to turn on the light or take the item. The take works fine if I hover over it but the on/off doesn't seem to work!

Just now, HazyEgg said:

Amazing mod!

The only issue I'm having (and I'm sure its me being a noob) how in gods name do you turn on the lights?! I press E over the light and get the options to turn on the light or take the item. The take works fine if I hover over it but the on/off doesn't seem to work!

Most obvious question - did you connect the lights to a power source? Does the wattage indicator light up yellow when you look at them?

1 hour ago, saminal said:

Most obvious question - did you connect the lights to a power source? Does the wattage indicator light up yellow when you look at them?

Sorted... I had the wiring off. Like I said, I'm a noob 🤣 thanks for replying!

On 1/31/2022 at 5:02 AM, Replicators said:

I am using the smx compatability one and it seems to work, but there is no output for working oven so you need to sit in the oven for it to go to inventory so we had to use campfires until this get's fixed.

On 2/5/2022 at 7:36 PM, Durham said:

Same for me. As there's not output all crafted items simply disappear with the SMX version if I don't sit tightly in front of the oven and it's interface.

Can you try renaming my mod folder to ZZSWorkingStuff? Had a chat to Sirillion and he reckons the easiest solution is getting my modlet to load after his UI modlets do. Makes sense, too.

4 minutes ago, KailJ said:

Love the mod. Only problem I am having is that the working faucets (taps) do not work. They act like the vanilla game versions (decoration only). Suggestions?

How are you trying to use them? You need to hold an empty jar, put the crosshairs on the tap itself, and right-click. Does that help?

56 minutes ago, saminal said:

How are you trying to use them? You need to hold an empty jar, put the crosshairs on the tap itself, and right-click. Does that help?

Excellent, that worked. I was looking for the interaction 'E' like the stove. It worked great. Thanks for the prompt response.

On 2/14/2022 at 11:27 PM, saminal said:

Can you try renaming my mod folder to ZZSWorkingStuff? Had a chat to Sirillion and he reckons the easiest solution is getting my modlet to load after his UI modlets do. Makes sense, too.

I tried that on both occasions – singleplayer and multiplayer (server-side) and it does indeed work. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/21/2022 at 3:58 PM, shadowguardian91 said:

So i made an account just to ask this lol. Is it possible to  make the wood stove useable and cook off of it.

That is what this modlet does. It gives you a stove that works just like a campfire.

On 3/22/2022 at 7:58 AM, shadowguardian91 said:

So i made an account just to ask this lol. Is it possible to  make the wood stove useable and cook off of it.

Yes, I could add the wood stove as well. I do have a deco mod that adds it as a craftable item but it's not usable. I'll have a look at adding this when I have time.

On 4/5/2022 at 9:54 PM, saminal said:

Yes, I could add the wood stove as well. I do have a deco mod that adds it as a craftable item but it's not usable. I'll have a look at adding this when I have time.

take your time im in no hurry, and thank you ahead of time if you are able to do that.

• 8 months later...

I just found your mod, it looks really nice.

I like the wireless, but one thing I wanted to mention though, you can offset were the wire connects to make it look better using "WireOffset" (values are x,y,z) and might require some trial and error to get right.

<property name="WireOffset" value="0,.5,0"/>

Edited by Grue
clarification (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Also, the way you handle adding the new blocks to take water from is a little bit imprecise, by removing the whole entry for "emptyWaterJar" and replacing it with your own it creates conflicts with other mods that for example changes the stack size for those jars.

There are a couple more surgical ways to handle it, for example you could use an "insertAfter" to place your additions  to the bottom of the " property class="Action1" " section that you are modifying.