Sam's Working Stuff - A20, Server-Side

saminal

On 12/8/2022 at 1:56 PM, Grue said:

I just found your mod, it looks really nice.

I like the wireless, but one thing I wanted to mention though, you can offset were the wire connects to make it look better using "WireOffset" (values are x,y,z) and might require some trial and error to get right.

<property name="WireOffset" value="0,.5,0"/>

Thanks, I wasn't aware of that -  I'll give that a go if I end up remaking it for A21

1 hour ago, Grue said:

Also, the way you handle adding the new blocks to take water from is a little bit imprecise, by removing the whole entry for "emptyWaterJar" and replacing it with your own it creates conflicts with other mods that for example changes the stack size for those jars.

There are a couple more surgical ways to handle it, for example you could use an "insertAfter" to place your additions  to the bottom of the " property class="Action1" " section that you are modifying.

This is by design actually, to give it a better chance of working if there are other mods on. My early versions did use insertAfter and only added the few necessary lines, but I had a few complaints from users that it wasn't working at all. It turned out to be because other mods were adding Focused_blockname_x lines of their own, causing duplicates which made it impossible to fill a jar from any source.

Just due to the nature of having those explicitly named properties, there's no way to neatly add them without falling into one trap or the other. If they didn't need the number in the name, I'd definitely just be using an insertAfter.

Does the number after 

5 hours ago, saminal said:

Just due to the nature of having those explicitly named properties, there's no way to neatly add them without falling into one trap or the other. If they didn't need the number in the name, I'd definitely just be using an insertAfter.

Does the number after the name have to be sequential?  If not you can start at higher numbers to make room for other mods, and just have to deconflict with which numbers are used.

Edited by Grue (see edit history)