Mod / other Means to Remove Injuries?

Deadkennedy

Came back to the game after a few months away, and things have changed pretty drastically.

My friends I typically play with lost interest pretty fast between the loot being awful until you're high level and the new punishing injury system.

I tried playing my own game to fully test the updates to the brawling elements (the magazines namely). Brawling does feel better now, but the problem comes during horde nights. Inevitably, you're going to get hit a few times, and even with full heavy armor and maxed out defensive perks, you still get injured SUPER easily. And suddenly you're like -75 or -90 health due to all of your injuries, and even if you have medicine it doesn't fully mitigate it. And on top of that, injuring your arm reduces your swing speed, so you're less effective against the horde.

Basically, the game is still unplayable as a melee / brawler type character, but now it's because of the overly punishing injury system instead of the overly punishing bleed system from 18.

What I'm wondering is, are there mods out there / a way to alter the game files to remove most / all of the injuries? Or at least a mod that rebalances them to not make playing as a melee character nigh impossible?

I play the first two or three hordes almost exclusively in melee combat. All you need is a base that protects you while fighting the zombies. You also shouldn't make the mistake of spreading your skill points all over the skill tree. First comes the attack and defense and then everything else.

As for the loot, I have always hated to find so many fully assembled guns early on. Players with guns tend to lose all fear and act stupid and reckless. For me this ruins the whole game.

On 12/9/2020 at 11:45 PM, SylenThunder said:

As a primarily sledge/knife user I only found this to be an issue early on. Once I was better perked, and better armored the problem was greatly diminished.  Using knifes still drives me crazy, but outside of that I haven't had any issues with melee fighting once I was past about level 30.

I'm running level 5/6 mostly iron some scrap armor, with maxed out pain resistance and maxed out brawler. 

Are there actually perks that reduce your chance of being critically injured? It seems like armor no longer does that, unless the critical chance reduction does that. Either way, it's clearly not enough, as I still sustain anywhere from 10-15 injuries playing pretty conservatively while partially inside a base setup on a horde night. That's why I'm saying that the playstyle is currently untenable with how punishing injuries are.

I'm mostly speaking for brawler, though i can't imagine it would be much better for clubs / knives / etc since that's also effectively melee range.

4 hours ago, Deadkennedy said:

I'm running level 5/6 mostly iron some scrap armor, with maxed out pain resistance and maxed out brawler. 

Are there actually perks that reduce your chance of being critically injured? It seems like armor no longer does that, unless the critical chance reduction does that. Either way, it's clearly not enough, as I still sustain anywhere from 10-15 injuries playing pretty conservatively while partially inside a base setup on a horde night. That's why I'm saying that the playstyle is currently untenable with how punishing injuries are.

I'm mostly speaking for brawler, though i can't imagine it would be much better for clubs / knives / etc since that's also effectively melee range.

The problem is that the chance of getting an injury greatly increases for a time after a hit. That means a single zombie has little chance but if a group of zombies can pummel you an injury is highly likely.

Archived