Vehicles Don't Activate Trigger Plates?

Vaeliorin

So, it's possible I'm just an idiot, but do vehicles actually not set off trigger plates?  I just set up a powered drawbridge with a motion sensor outside and a trigger plate inside, and driving the vehicle across the trigger plate doesn't seem to activate it.  It works if I walk across it, so it seems to be working, but driving my 4X4 across it causes no reaction.

Are these supposed to work like this, and if so...why?

That's the one I made.  Driving my 4X4 over it didn't open the drawbridge, but walking across it did.  Didn't test the motorcycle...saw something on Reddit after the fact about the 4X4 not working with them because the player sits up high enough that they don't trigger plates or tripwires...maybe that's what happened?

Anyway, switched it over to just using motion sensors on both sides, so it works now.  Was just really surprised I could drive across trigger plates with the 4X4 without triggering them.

Just so you know, I'm playing modded 19.1 so it's possible it's just an old bug or caused by a mod.  Nothing I have as a mod should effect that interaction as far as I know, but I don't want you to waste a bunch of time looking for some sort of edge case or something if you works as expected in whatever version you're testing on.

11 hours ago, Vaeliorin said:

Just so you know, I'm playing modded 19.1 so it's possible it's just an old bug or caused by a mod.  Nothing I have as a mod should effect that interaction as far as I know, but I don't want you to waste a bunch of time looking for some sort of edge case or something if you works as expected in whatever version you're testing on.

Thanks. Yeah here in a cpl hours I will be checking if it's needing a ticket (did confirm it anyway), it's a simple test but definitely appreciate you letting us know about the mods / older version.

There's a ticket for it up, thank you for bringing it up though.

Archived