So... what the heck was this?

Maharin

I have horde nights turned off on the game I'm playing right now.  I was just starting to loot a big book store POI and then as night falls I suddenly get a stream of feral zombies streaming in through the door.  After killing the first dozen or so (all feral) I realize I'm in over my head and so exit and hop on my bike to make a run for it and stop a few blocks away.  Then to my surprise I'm surrounded by at least a dozen more.  They were behaving like it was horde night and zeroing in on me regardless of where I fled to... but I have hordes turned off.  And all feral?

What gives?

8 minutes ago, RipClaw said:

Is the bookstore in the wasteland?

My thought as well.  Once upon a time I found a less horrible place in the wasteland by a river and a stones throw from Trader Rekt.  I spent all day with rebar and concrete building an elevated outpost, and then cleared the debris from Rekt's place to be able to 4x4 to my "home away from home".  The first night we stayed there it was non-stop guns blazing defense until daytime.   We abandoned that place as "not worth the hassle" and as you would guess Rekt is a horrible neighbor.

20 minutes ago, Maharin said:

I should know this by now but I've never officially reported a bug before... where is the output log?  I've been looking, honest.  :p

1) Start the game
2) Select Show game launcher
3) Click on the tools tab when the launcher opens
4) Click on Open Game Folder
5) Open the 7daystodie_Data folder
6) Select the output log that has the same date as your described playthrough

1 hour ago, Maharin said:

Yes.  So that's the secret?

I did manage to kill all the bears.  Just upgraded to a sniper rifle so it wasn't that hard once I had a decent advantage point to shoot from.

That is your problem right there as every night in the Wasteland is its own Horde like night. Since the zombie spawns are dialed to 11 and when killed new zombies instantly spawn to take their place for endless waves of them if your making noise.

Awesome.

https://www.todayifoundout.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/the_more_you_know.jpg

3 hours ago, Roland said:

1) Start the game
2) Select Show game launcher
3) Click on the tools tab when the launcher opens
4) Click on Open Game Folder
5) Open the 7daystodie_Data folder
6) Select the output log that has the same date as your described playthrough

Thank you sir.  But I think the other people figured it out.

Were you the one that ate the sandwich I had on my desk?  You can mess with my settings but never touch my sandwich.

I might turn into a radiated feral zombie bear.  Wait, do those exist?

Archived