H's special things -invulnerable blocks items trader and more- (A18) (A19) (A20)

hsngrms

4 hours ago, HYper said:

wow, reading the description... a lot has put into this... thanks in advance.

going to start new game later to test. thanks either way for your efforts.

Thank you so much for the kind comment.

Everything started with modifying admin weapons (I was like "why MP5 is a admin digger, why not the nailgun"), then I wanted invulnerable blocks and the rest came in time.

A simple modlet evolved into what it is today. That's true it is not as big as overhaul mods but, it is still big for me, I never imagined I'd do that, never imagined I'd spend many hours for this modlet.

15 hours ago, suto2200 said:

i tried your new set of modlets, a new world, deleted character info and tried a new world, i had forged invulnerable steel in my bar and inventory, tried every weapon and tool and still doesnt work idk what the issue is

If you are not getting any red error message from console while using my mod, everything should be working as expected. Even the logs won't be any help because you don't get any error, right? I think you would told me already if you were getting red error msg. So, based on this, I have a final set of proposals.

Spoiler

1. Please check integrity of your game files via Steam. Not sure but, it might help. I know some players had problems after upgrading A20 because they didn't deleted ~\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie folder before starting upgrade.

2. Open 7dtd. Create a new game. Choose Navezgane to not waste time with world generation.

3. Do not enable "Creative Mode" in the settings while creating the game.

4. When your new game loads, press F1 to open console

5. write "cm" and close the console

6. Press "U" to open Creative Menu

7. Add some invulnerable steel shapes into your inventory.

8. Add some forged invulnerable steel into your inventory.

9. Add special claw hammer into your inventory.

10. Press F1 to open console

11. Write "cm" and close the console. Make sure it says "Creative Mode disabled."

12. Open inventory, put some invulnerable steel shapes into your toolbelt.

13. Don't put any forged invulnerable steel into your toolbelt. Keep them in your inventory.

14. Now place an invulnerable steel shape on somewhere.

15. Choose special claw hammer and try upgrading the block you just placed.

16. If it becomes an ordinary steel block, congratulations! If not, that means we have a very interesting problem here and I don't know what else to do.

Please do exactly as I say in spoiler above and do it step by step. Thanks for your cooperation.

I'm looking forward to hear your feedback!

(Took more than 10 minutes to write this message LOL)

Edited by hsngrms
final touch (see edit history)

Yea, you might call special items OP, however, I prefer to call them QoL items.

I know such items are not very welcomed by hardcore players because these are making the game easier.

But that doesn't change the fact my aim was never making a mod that suitable for everyone.

My aim is

1. Bringing a fun gameplay for casual players where you can both have fun and get scared time to time.

2. Providing powerful options to server admins, so they can create their own outpost, trading hub, zombie version of jurassic park etc. without worrying about its vulnerability.

If someone new to the game and genre plays 7dtd with my mod, at least they can survive more than 5 mins and learn mechanics while enjoying a great crafting survival game which is not looking like minecraft. :)

Also, I put both vanilla and specials in my toolbelt, I make my bases half normal half invulnerable, with doing so I enjoy the toughness of vanilla game but at the same time I still feel relaxed. E.g. at horde night I can die or side walls of my base can collapse but, knowing the precious resources I collected for hours will still be safe in their invulnerable boxes is enough for me enjoy the game without any stress.

(Though there is always a risk of collapse unless you dig down to the bedrock and that's enough of a fear to my taste. :))

1 hour ago, hsngrms said:

Yea, you might call special items OP, however, I prefer to call them QoL items.

I know such items are not very welcomed by hardcore players because these are making the game easier.

But that doesn't change the fact my aim was never making a mod that suitable for everyone.

My aim is

1. Bringing a fun gameplay for casual players where you can both have fun and get scared time to time.

2. Providing powerful options to server admins, so they can create their own outpost, trading hub, zombie version of jurassic park etc. without worrying about its vulnerability.

If someone new to the game and genre plays 7dtd with my mod, at least they can survive more than 5 mins and learn mechanics while enjoying a great crafting survival game which is not looking like minecraft. :)

Also, I put both vanilla and specials in my toolbelt, I make my bases half normal half invulnerable, with doing so I enjoy the toughness of vanilla game but at the same time I still feel relaxed. E.g. at horde night I can die or side walls of my base can collapse but, knowing the precious resources I collected for hours will still be safe in their invulnerable boxes is enough for me enjoy the game without any stress.

(Though there is always a risk of collapse unless you dig down to the bedrock and that's enough of a fear to my taste. :))

agree with responses.  it does make game fun. 

i'm personally looking now for more zombies mod, seeing kinda empty area starting new game kinda boring to me and added with the mod for me made it too easy, hence my comment but i def like the mod since some items does take progression and time to make.

Thanks @HYper and glad you think alike. :)

Actually what you said gave me an idea about making more zombie spawns but one thing about 7dtd is driving me off of this idea, which is more zombies = lower performance, thus IDK yet if i add such modlet or not. We'll see.

(Frankly, I just don't want users telling me their server/game performance decreased after installing my modlets. I intend to keep it lightweight.)

49 minutes ago, hsngrms said:

Thanks @HYper and glad you think alike. :)

Actually what you said gave me an idea about making more zombie spawns but one thing about 7dtd is driving me off of this idea, which is more zombies = lower performance, thus IDK yet if i add such modlet or not. We'll see.

(Frankly, I just don't want users telling me their server/game performance decreased after installing my modlets. I intend to keep it lightweight.)

yes, ah yeah good point, i just tried with war3uk mod along with yours and the lag is insane, haha.. i did add your mod to my current other playthrough (where i'm at level 43, still to discover wasteland so perfect time to use the mod)

On 1/11/2022 at 12:37 PM, hsngrms said:

Thank you so much for the kind comment.

Everything started with modifying admin weapons (I was like "why MP5 is a admin digger, why not the nailgun"), then I wanted invulnerable blocks and the rest came in time.

A simple modlet evolved into what it is today. That's true it is not as big as overhaul mods but, it is still big for me, I never imagined I'd do that, never imagined I'd spend many hours for this modlet.

If you are not getting any red error message from console while using my mod, everything should be working as expected. Even the logs won't be any help because you don't get any error, right? I think you would told me already if you were getting red error msg. So, based on this, I have a final set of proposals.

Hide contents

1. Please check integrity of your game files via Steam. Not sure but, it might help. I know some players had problems after upgrading A20 because they didn't deleted ~\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie folder before starting upgrade.

2. Open 7dtd. Create a new game. Choose Navezgane to not waste time with world generation.

3. Do not enable "Creative Mode" in the settings while creating the game.

4. When your new game loads, press F1 to open console

5. write "cm" and close the console

6. Press "U" to open Creative Menu

7. Add some invulnerable steel shapes into your inventory.

8. Add some forged invulnerable steel into your inventory.

9. Add special claw hammer into your inventory.

10. Press F1 to open console

11. Write "cm" and close the console. Make sure it says "Creative Mode disabled."

12. Open inventory, put some invulnerable steel shapes into your toolbelt.

13. Don't put any forged invulnerable steel into your toolbelt. Keep them in your inventory.

14. Now place an invulnerable steel shape on somewhere.

15. Choose special claw hammer and try upgrading the block you just placed.

16. If it becomes an ordinary steel block, congratulations! If not, that means we have a very interesting problem here and I don't know what else to do.

Please do exactly as I say in spoiler above and do it step by step. Thanks for your cooperation.

I'm looking forward to hear your feedback!

(Took more than 10 minutes to write this message LOL)

i followed your spoiler and it still doesn't work (it might be a conflict issue with the war3zuk overhaul mod thats the only other mod i have) but i found a way to delete them using the block select (z key) then the block replacement tool.

19 hours ago, HYper said:

yes, ah yeah good point, i just tried with war3uk mod along with yours and the lag is insane, haha.. i did add your mod to my current other playthrough (where i'm at level 43, still to discover wasteland so perfect time to use the mod)

I never played with war3zuk but once I watched a stream when someone playing its overhaul. It is a massive mod, thus I assume the lag is unavoidable even without my mod.

Oh! I hate wasteland. OK it is rewarding but I don't like when my Special Bicycle stumbles upon a scrap iron every few meters. 😏 So, good luck there.

19 hours ago, suto2200 said:

i followed your spoiler and it still doesn't work (it might be a conflict issue with the war3zuk overhaul mod thats the only other mod i have) but i found a way to delete them using the block select (z key) then the block replacement tool.

Now that makes some sense LOL I should've asked if you are using other mods... Sorry!

Like I just wrote above, I never played war3zuk, but in earlier versions my mod had problems when used with some other overhauls.

Overhauls mods are changing too many things and making the mods designed for vanilla game mostly incompatible. So, you should always consider an overhaul mod as being not compatible with other modlets. Of course there will be exceptions, some mods will perfectly work fine along with overhauls. But my mod is not something consisting from just 3 lines... and all my special items depends on vanilla. Therefore it is the perfect victim of overhauls. 🙂

3 hours ago, hsngrms said:

I never played with war3zuk but once I watched a stream when someone playing its overhaul. It is a massive mod, thus I assume the lag is unavoidable even without my mod.

Oh! I hate wasteland. OK it is rewarding but I don't like when my Special Bicycle stumbles upon a scrap iron every few meters. 😏 So, good luck there.

Now that makes some sense LOL I should've asked if you are using other mods... Sorry!

Like I just wrote above, I never played war3zuk, but in earlier versions my mod had problems when used with some other overhauls.

Overhauls mods are changing too many things and making the mods designed for vanilla game mostly incompatible. So, you should always consider an overhaul mod as being not compatible with other modlets. Of course there will be exceptions, some mods will perfectly work fine along with overhauls. But my mod is not something consisting from just 3 lines... and all my special items depends on vanilla. Therefore it is the perfect victim of overhauls. 🙂

well atleast i found a workaround lol but i like the expansion that war3zuk adds (especially when insane difficulty on vanilla gets boring) not to mention the new trader and the multi trader poi's

Edited by suto2200
wanted to add more text (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
On 2/21/2022 at 12:41 AM, spyder1000mtg said:

I love the mod  how do get rid of the special trader

Thanks, enjoy the modlets and the game.

If you don't like special trader just delete special_things_09_trader folder from your Mods directory.

If you misplaced her and want to keep using after properly placing, then please follow;

1. Load your save and go to Special Trader, place some blocks around trader so can know where she is when needed.

2. Close game, go to Mods folder and move special_things_09_trader folder to anywhere outside of Mods folder, e.g. Desktop.

3. Open game, load your save, now you won't see trader but you know where she is thanks to 1st step. Place a block on her place & close the game.

4. Put special_things_09_trader back into Mods directory/folder. Open game, load your save. Congratulations you got what you want. Now you can craft another Special Trader and place her wherever you wish to. Rinse & repeat if you do a misplacement again. 😁

On 3/6/2022 at 7:09 PM, Keywal said:

Hey H,

Did you get a chance to have a look into why the trader is giving only buried supply quests?

Hey Keywal,

I don't know the reason but I know the fix. I just forget to check that before releasing latest version. So, it will be included in the next one.

I'll add "test" quests to bring something new to the table. They are not best but they are taking place in different POIs normally you don't get any other quest.

If you don't want to wait just open ~Mods\special_things_09_trader\Config\npc.xml file and find that line;

trader_id="9" dialog_id="trader" quest_faction="5" />

Change it as;

trader_id="9" dialog_id="trader" quest_list="test_quests" />

If you want just regular quests, then use this instead;

trader_id="9" dialog_id="trader" quest_list="trader_quests" />
Edited by hsngrms
Entrance (see edit history)

Hi Keywal. Thanks for letting me know. I'll check trader_quests again by starting a new game in the coming days.

---

Edit: Somehow I'm only able to get working quests via test_quests, none of the other options are working currently, including other quest_list and quest_faction options.

Did many trials like placing Special Trader in different areas, nothing changed. I believe they made such a change that be a cause you get trader quests in only trader POI. (This is just a wild guess relies on thought: "I didn't do anything, so TFP changed something.")

Edited by hsngrms
Fruitless result of trials (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

Hello!

With the recent update, it seems like something might have broken with the mod? I'm getting this weird localization error whenever loading the mod.

I am not sure what is going on here. I have build a whole base with these blocks and I don't want everything to disappear haha.

For more context, I am running this mod on a server that also have DF and Sorcery installed. I was running it fine before the update. Also, even though it gives me this error, when I go into a game I still have access to all the blocks.

2022-04-27T09:31:27 3.053 INF [MODS] Loading localization from mod: special things 00 basics A20
2022-04-27T09:31:27 3.053 ERR [MODS] Failed loading localization from mod: special things 00 basics A20
2022-04-27T09:31:27 3.059 EXC Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: key
  at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].TryInsert (TKey key, TValue value, System.Collections.Generic.InsertionBehavior behavior) [0x00008] in <695d1cc93cca45069c528c15c9fdd749>:0 
  at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].set_Item (TKey key, TValue value) [0x00000] in <695d1cc93cca45069c528c15c9fdd749>:0 
  at Localization.UpdateLanguages () [0x0003d] in <ef95c36efe6a4645bb0ec98b58e164be>:0 
  at Localization.LoadPatchDictionaries (System.String _modName, System.String _folder, System.Boolean _loadingInGame) [0x00043] in <ef95c36efe6a4645bb0ec98b58e164be>:0 
  at ModManager+<LoadLocalizations>d__16.MoveNext () [0x0005c] in <ef95c36efe6a4645bb0ec98b58e164be>:0 
UnityEngine.StackTraceUtility:ExtractStringFromException(Object)
Log:Exception(Exception)
<LoadLocalizations>d__16:MoveNext()
ThreadManager:RunCoroutineSync(IEnumerator)
GameManager:Awake()

2022-04-27T09:31:27 3.066 INF [MODS] Loading localization from mod: special things 01 extras A20
2022-04-27T09:31:27 3.066 ERR [MODS] Failed loading localization from mod: special things 01 extras A20
2022-04-27T09:31:27 3.067 EXC Value cannot be null.
  at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].TryInsert (TKey key, TValue value, System.Collections.Generic.InsertionBehavior behavior) [0x00008] in <695d1cc93cca45069c528c15c9fdd749>:0 
  at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].set_Item (TKey key, TValue value) [0x00000] in <695d1cc93cca45069c528c15c9fdd749>:0 
  at Localization.UpdateLanguages () [0x0003d] in <ef95c36efe6a4645bb0ec98b58e164be>:0 
  at Localization.LoadPatchDictionaries (System.String _modName, System.String _folder, System.Boolean _loadingInGame) [0x00043] in <ef95c36efe6a4645bb0ec98b58e164be>:0 
  at ModManager+<LoadLocalizations>d__16.MoveNext () [0x0005c] in <ef95c36efe6a4645bb0ec98b58e164be>:0 
UnityEngine.StackTraceUtility:ExtractStringFromException(Object)
Log:Exception(Exception)
<LoadLocalizations>d__16:MoveNext()
GameManager:Awake()