H's special things -invulnerable blocks items trader and more- (A18) (A19) (A20)

hsngrms

7 hours ago, magejosh said:

This is a fantastic mod with lots of fun inside. Thanks for taking the time to make it!

I added some shapes to the available blocks and made craftable multiblocks out of the different blocks but otherwise have no suggestions for additions. 

I appreciate your feedback and nice comment. Have fun with your custom mod and feel free to share it with community if you want.

14 hours ago, al3xx said:

Hi,i like this mode and use on my server 👍 but i what to see more inside like asalt riffle,pump shootgun,auto shotgun,axe male,spear,crosbow,club,steel club,rocket launcer and inpact driver.Thx and you do very nice joob ❤

Hi, Alex i assume! Thank you for the nice words.

To be honest, the reason I didn't add all of them already is because I didn't want an overwhelming mod with so many items, somehow I thought it would be preferable to have less items. However, now I think players will appreciate more if I can give them more options to choose from, like adding more weapons as you requested. So, this weekend I'll look what I can do for you.

21 hours ago, hsngrms said:

To be honest, the reason I didn't add all of them already is because I didn't want an overwhelming mod with so many items, somehow I thought it would be preferable to have less items. However, now I think players will appreciate more if I can give them more options to choose from, like adding more weapons as you requested. So, this weekend I'll look what I can do for you.

I was going to say, would be real nice to be able to add mods to the guns!

I know this would make them very powerful but i wanted it more for aesthetics... Some of the guns with scopes and silencers look wayyyy nicer :)

• 2 weeks later...

v8.0.0 is here

Added special melee weapons
- Candy club
- Sledgehammer
- Steel spear
- Stun baton
Added special ranged weapons
- Compound bow
- Iron crossbow
- Pump shotgun
- Auto shotgun
- Tactical AR
- M60
- Marksman rifle
- Sniper rifle
Added special ammo
- Steel arrow AP (and its bundle)
- Steel crossbow bolt AP (and its bundle)

Increased invulnerable storage box stack to 30k like other invulnerable blocks

On 9/3/2021 at 6:05 PM, Keywal said:

I was going to say, would be real nice to be able to add mods to the guns!

I know this would make them very powerful but i wanted it more for aesthetics... Some of the guns with scopes and silencers look wayyyy nicer :)

Yep, it will make them so overpowered, I think using vanilla is better when you want aesthetics :) I also do that and use special weapons when things turn ugly :D

• 1 month later...

Hi buddy, great mod and great work !
I'm trying, as a server admin, to use the invulnerablesteel bars as some special craft for late game players.

My goal is only to be able to craft the bars into the SpecialForge, not into the normal one and same rule for the items, only craftable into the special workbench and not in the normal one.

Any idea how I could hanlde this? Which lines of code should be removed/adapted?

Thanks again mate.

Theo

Hi Theo! Thanks again for your kind words.

I'll just posting key points in my PM to here, so everyone can see.

You need to edit 2 files: blocks.xml and recipes.xml

In blocks.xml special forge and workbench have such lines

<property name="CraftingAreaRecipes" value="forge"/>
		<property name="CraftingAreaRecipes" value="player,workbench"/>

Here add the specialForge and specialWorkbench. It will look like that after the addition

<property name="CraftingAreaRecipes" value="forge,specialforge"/>
		<property name="CraftingAreaRecipes" value="player,workbench,specialworkbench"/>

Then open recipes and make some changes here. For example steel bars have this line

<recipe name="invulnerableSteelBars" count="1" craft_time="3" craft_area="workbench" always_unlocked="true">

Just make craft area "specialWorkbench" so, they cannot craft it with normal workbench.

To be honest I really like the idea and since it is your idea, I'm asking permission to incorporate this change into my mod. Actually I already did that for self use version to test, if you be kind and approve, I'll publish it with everyone within next update.

H

Edited by hsngrms
again (see edit history)

I've been a little out of the loop with H's Special Things for a little, but still kept some localization.txt updates from version 7.0 if any server Admin would like to correct and expand for version 8.0.

I'll add it as xml below even though it's txt, as the formatting is easy enough for copy/paste. I hope it'll be built for the current and future builds.

Key,File,Type,UsedInMainMenu,NoTranslate,english,Context / Alternate Text,german,latam,french,italian,japanese,koreana,polish,brazilian,russian,turkish,schinese,tchinese,spanish

npcSpecialTrader,entityclasses,Entity,,,Special Trader,,Special Händler,"Special, el vendedor",Special le marchand,Special Negoziante,スペシャルトレーダー,특별상 인,Special Handlarka,Special Comer.,Специальный трейдер,Special Tüccar,特别商人,特约商户,"Special, el vendedor"

forgedInvulnerableGlass,items,Item,,,Invulnerable Glass,,,,,
forgedInvulnerableGlassDesc,items,Item,,,"This is invulnerable glass."
forgedInvulnerableSteel,items,Item,,,Invulnerable Steel,,,,,
forgedInvulnerableSteelDesc,items,Item,,,"This is invulnerable steel."

specialarmorMiningHelmet,items,Item,,,Special Armor Mining Helmet,,,,,
specialarmorMiningHelmetDesc,items,Item,,,"This is a special armor mining helmet."
specialapparelShades,items,Item,,,Special Shades,,,,,
specialapparelShadesDesc,items,Item,,,"These are special shades. They reduce the treasure radius and buff loot quality."
specialapparelCigar,items,Item,,,Special Cigar,,,,,
specialapparelCigarDesc,items,Item,,,"This a special cigar. Trading buffs galore and more."
specialapparelTankTop,items,Item,,,Special Tank Top,,,,,
specialapparelTankTopDesc,items,Item,,,"This a special tank top. Protects you from all weather extremes."
specialRocketBoots,items,Item,,,Special Rocket Boots,,,,,
specialRocketBootsDesc,items,Item,,,"These are special rocket boots. Speed you up and keep your bones safe."
specialRocketShoes,items,Item,,,Special Rocket Shoes,,,,,
specialRocketShoesDesc,items,Item,,,"These are special rocket shoes. Speed you up and keep your bones safe."

specialgunToolNailgun,items,Item,,,Special Nail Gun,,,,,
specialgunToolNailgunDesc,items,Item,,,"This is a special nail gun. Speeds up construction projects."
specialmeleeToolStoneAxe,items,Item,,,Special Stone Axe,,,,,
specialmeleeToolStoneAxeDesc,items,Item,,,"This is a special stone axe. Does it all!"
specialmeleeToolPaintTool,items,Item,,,Special Paint Brush,,,,,
specialmeleeToolPaintToolDesc,items,Item,,,"This is a special paint brush. Unleash the artist in you."
specialmeleeWpnBladeT3Machete,items,Item,,,Special Machete,,,,,
specialmeleeWpnBladeT3MacheteDesc,items,Item,,,"This is a special machete. A butcher's best friend."
specialmeleeWpnKnucklesT3SteelKnuckles,items,Item,,,Special Steel Knuckles,,,,,
specialmeleeWpnKnucklesT3SteelKnucklesDesc,items,Item,,,"These are special steel knuckles. Superior shredders."

specialgunDoubleBarrelShotgun,items,Item,,,Special Double Barrel Shotgun,,,,,
specialgunDoubleBarrelShotgunDesc,items,Item,,,"This is a special double barrel shotgun. It's got a kick to it."
specialgun44Magnum,items,Item,,,Special Magnum,,,,,
specialgun44MagnumDesc,items,Item,,,"This is a special magnum. Setting record after record."
specialgunPistol,items,Item,,,Special Pistol,,,,,
specialgunPistolDesc,items,Item,,,"This is a special pistol. Handy in tight spots."
specialgunSMG5,items,Item,,,Special SMG,,,,,
specialgunSMG5Desc,items,Item,,,"This is a special SMG. A room clearer."
specialgunAK47,items,Item,,,Special AK-47,,,,,
specialgunAK47Desc,items,Item,,,"This is a special AK-47. AK kak kak kak kak."
specialgunHuntingRifle,items,Item,,,Special Hunting Rifle,,,,,
specialgunHuntingRifleDesc,items,Item,,,"This is a special hunting rifle. It can take out Martians."
specialgunBotT2JunkTurret,items,Item,,,Special Junk Turret,,,,,
specialgunBotT2JunkTurretDesc,items,Item,,,"This is a special junk turret. Your mobile marvel."

specialresourceNail,items,Item,,,Special Nails,,,,,
specialresourceNailDesc,items,Item,,,"These are special nails. They feed your special things."
specialammoShotgunBreachingSlug,items,Item,,,Special Breaching Slug,,,,,
specialammoShotgunBreachingSlugDesc,items,Item,,,"These are special breaching slugs. Point blank all the way."
specialammoBundleShotgunBreachingSlug,items,Item,,,Special Breaching Slug Bundles,,,,,
specialammo44MagnumBulletAP,items,Item,,,Special AP Magnum Bullet,,,,,
specialammo44MagnumBulletAPDesc,items,Item,,,"These are special armor piercing magnum bullets."
specialammoBundle44MagnumBulletAP,items,Item,,,Special AP Magnum Bundles,,,,,
specialammo9mmBulletAP,items,Item,,,Special AP 9mm Bullets,,,,,
specialammo9mmBulletAPDesc,items,Item,,,"These are special AP 9mm bullets."
specialammoBundle9mmBulletAP,items,Item,,,Special AP 9mm Bundles,,,,,
specialammo762mmBulletAP,items,Item,,,Special AP 7.62mm Bullets,,,,,
specialammo762mmBulletAPDesc,items,Item,,,"These are special AP 7.62mm bullets."
specialammoBundle762mmBulletAP,items,Item,,,Special AP 7.62mm Bundles,,,,,

specialdrinkJarBeer,Item,,,Special Beer,,,,,
specialdrinkJarBeerDesc,items,Item,,,"This is a special beer. The elixir of life."

specialvehicleBicyclePlaceable,items,Item,,,Special Bicycle,,,,,

specialForge,blocks,Workstation,,,Special Forge,,,,,
specialForgeDesc,blocks,Workstation,,,"This is a special forge. It will resist even the fiercest invasion."
specialWorkbench,blocks,Workstation,,,Special Workbench,,,,,
specialWorkbenchDesc,blocks,Workstation,,,"This is a special workbench. It will resist even the fiercest invasion."

@arramus

WOW! Thank you so much for your efforts.

Honestly localization was something I always wanted to do from the start but I'm a bit completionist, therefore I never started because I was afraid of struggling with Google Translate for all available languages in game :)

Anyway, to show respect to what you did here and shared with us, I think I should implement English descriptions in the next version.

Hopefully if @theomen4870 gives an OK, version 10.0.0 can be available soon. (Currently 9.0.3 is here for the self use so, next version to share will be 10.0.0 since I'll implement a big thing as localization and more)

3 hours ago, hsngrms said:

@arramus

WOW! Thank you so much for your efforts.

Honestly localization was something I always wanted to do from the start but I'm a bit completionist, therefore I never started because I was afraid of struggling with Google Translate for all available languages in game :)

Anyway, to show respect to what you did here and shared with us, I think I should implement English descriptions in the next version.

Hopefully if @theomen4870 gives an OK, version 10.0.0 can be available soon. (Currently 9.0.3 is here for the self use so, next version to share will be 10.0.0 since I'll implement a big thing as localization and more)

That is good news. And just before you release version 10.0.0, you are welcome to send a private message and I can assist with the English for all of the new additions. It seems Special Things will continue and maybe other languages will follow in time.

Hi Hs, thanks for your reply, I figured it our with another method but yours look cleaner 🙂.

No worries, you can share it with everyone !

I'm thinking about an indestructible block, adapted from your mod, for a public mine setup so people could harvest those special stone, steel and other blocks without having to dig holes all over the map 😉 and they would just reset (when harvested down to 0) like the invulnerable blocks. Any suggestion would be welcome.

Cheers mate !

Theo

Hello there who are still using my mod! First, thanks for your patience! I've been traveling overseas for business and couldn't find time to publish new version.

I changed the numbering system, so it is not 10.0.0, here it is A19.6.100, which 100 symbolizes 10.0.0 in fact. Anyway to see what else changed just look down.

A19.6.100

Disclaimer: Weapon IDs changed (e.g. AK-47) If you are updating from previous version some of your weapons can disappear.

Major changes
Fixed names and added description texts to all. PM me if you are interested translating into your language.
Made special items and invulnerable blocks craftable only on special forge and special workbench
Adjusted ranges, zoom levels, spreads and kicks of all weapons

Minor changes
Added special painkiller to bring "removeallnegativebuffs" buff back
Changed special stone axe into less powerful tool but, now it is possible to craft without workbench
Added special claw hammer to fill the void of old special stone axe
Added special javelin, it is possible to craft without workbench but, it is way cheaper and faster with workbench
Added special spear, basically better version of special javelin
Added special fireaxe, it is possible to craft without workbench but, it is way cheaper and faster with workbench
Added special admin shotgun to help server admins. It is not viable to craft, since target users are admins they can get via CM
Changed some weapons' sound as silencer version where it is possible
Removed special stun baton as it was able to harm traders irreversibly which can affect gameplay in a bad way (No problem though if you used on Rekt, he deserves it)
Fixed some minor errors those missed earlier
Made many minor changes and adjustments

Note: Crafting special stone axe, special javelin and special fireaxe without workbench can seem overpowered to experienced players but, it is not completely right. I tested them to not make them dominate the game in day 1, yes of course they are not your ordinary useless stone items, of course they are special however they still can't save your day solely against a horde night. They are just Quality of Life tools, especially when starting a new game. Also many newcoming players find 7DTD challenging to play and drop playing, I believe these tools can make some players actually start enjoying the game and keep playing.

Hope you enjoy new version more than before!

DOWNLOAD

On 11/8/2021 at 3:23 PM, theomen4870 said:

Hi Hs, thanks for your reply, I figured it our with another method but yours look cleaner 🙂.

No worries, you can share it with everyone !

I'm thinking about an indestructible block, adapted from your mod, for a public mine setup so people could harvest those special stone, steel and other blocks without having to dig holes all over the map 😉 and they would just reset (when harvested down to 0) like the invulnerable blocks. Any suggestion would be welcome.

Cheers mate !

Theo

Hi Theo. It is possible. In fact earlier versions of my mod was exaclt like you described. However, a server admin told me people in his server just doing that to his base and getting unlimited amount of resources. So, I zeroed all material drops from the invulnerable blocks to prevent that.

Anyway, you can make e.g. wood block to invulnerable and give you unlimited wood, same for the steel and etc.

If you look blocks.xml file in my mod, you can see lines like that

<drop event="Harvest" count="0"/>

If you change any of them like below it will be possible to harvest something

<drop event="Harvest" name="resourceScrapIron" count="500"/>

Since my blocks have 50K health, you will get 1 scrap iron per 100 damage you do that block.

I believe with above information you can create your own resource fountains. And I suggest you putting them behind close doors to avoid abuses because these blocks will really give you unlimited resources that way.

Feel free to write again if you get any trouble creating these blocks. You can also share your work here if it works, I can put it in the first post mentioning you or you can just publish as your own modlet, no problem for me in any way.

In the localization file there is a miswritten part. Because of that, description of Desert Vulture says "Gives you X." but there is no meaning, it is only a overlooked leftover from bulk copy/paste>edit routine.

I already fixed it in the file for self use. So, when the next version published, you too will see it fixed/removed.

Also, if anyone have a feedback about the changes, I appreciate taking your time to share.

• 3 weeks later...
I switched to A20 when it was released to public, from now on I won't be providing any update for A19.6.
In A20, some things are still not working yet and I don't have too much free time fix all at once. Meaning A20 version will come later.
However I may post a lite version, if there will be some demand for it. (Unfortunately there will be no trader, no bicycle and no glass blocks in lite.)

Good news! Fortunately, I even surprised myself and was being able to fix everything in a little time. So, A20 version is here.

Everything from the previous version works now. Plus I even had some time to implement new changes. Hope you all enjoy that!

---

Update: Fixed no inventory issue when you open special forge or special workbench (it was because in A20 devs decided to add open_backpack_on_open="true" close_compass_on_open="true" parameters in xui.xml file)

---

Upon a request I created invulerable blocks only modlet, download from here.

Only includes invulnerable blocks and other necessary things to craft invulnerable blocks.

Update: Fixed storage box recipe and Fixed having no tool to upgrade invulnerable blocks (vanilla tools are working material specific)

---

Edited by hsngrms
invulnerable_blocks_by_hsngrms-A20.0.004a (see edit history)

• hsngrms changed the title to H's special things -invulnerable blocks items trader and more- (A18) (A19) (A20)
  • 2 weeks later...

When I try to place the trader in my base that is a bit outside of a city I only get buried supplies quests.

Edit: After a bit of testing, tried dev spawning traders and it seems if you spawn a trader outside trader POI you will only get buried supplies with the settings as is, dont know if there is a way to change that but thought I would let you know.

Edited by Neb2566 (see edit history)

Hi @Neb2566. Appreciate the feedback.

I know that, with A20 I wanted to test everything without creative mode, I enjoyed doing that but as a side effect I realized this too late, just after I got enough blood bag to craft special trader... so I'm not sure if it was same when A20 first came out, I believe latest update broke something but, one way or another, the current situation is clear. Though I won't be complaining for my single player playthrough, it is easiest quest type but, that doesn't change the fact that it should be fixed. When I have time to check in detail, I'll do that.

Thanks again for the heads up!

• 2 weeks later...

i've had 3 bases ruined by a misclick on one of the special blocks (2 times with the invulnerable steel and 1 time with the glass) it says they can be "All can be upgraded to visually equal but regular versions, with special nailgun or special stone axe and when having main cube (in case misplacements or change of mind)" i have the cube, the forged invulnerable steel ingots, the  axe, and the nail gun it repairs the cube and when at max hp it says i dont have the ingots (i even tried the super digger dev gun). 

Hi @suto2200

Sorry that description is a bit old but mostly still valid, you don't need main cube, you need forged ingot. So, if you are using latest version you need forged invulnerable steel in your inventory. If you still have a spare in your inventory after the repair, there shouldn't be any problem upgrading a block.

1802962676_Screenshot2022-01-07195118.thumb.jpg.23501dec6661d96fba564687fb985ff9.jpg

After the upgrade it will look like normal steel and become destructible. When it is still looking like stainless steel, you can't destroy them.

(Invulnerable glass blocks is a different topic, it will not look different after the upgrade because it will turn into bulletproof glass which is exactly looking like invulnerable glass.)

Edited by hsngrms
better explanation for glass (see edit history)

8 hours ago, hsngrms said:

Hi @suto2200

Sorry that description is a bit old but mostly still valid, you don't need main cube, you need forged ingot. So, if you are using latest version you need forged invulnerable steel in your inventory. If you still have a spare in your inventory after the repair, there shouldn't be any problem upgrading a block.

1802962676_Screenshot2022-01-07195118.thumb.jpg.23501dec6661d96fba564687fb985ff9.jpg

After the upgrade it will look like normal steel and become destructible. When it is still looking like stainless steel, you can't destroy them.

(Invulnerable glass blocks is a different topic, it will not look different after the upgrade because it will turn into bulletproof glass which is exactly looking like invulnerable glass.)

i tried that but it doesnt revert to normal steel i can send screenshots if needed 

I believe forged invulnerable steel should be on your inventory not on toolbelt in order to upgrade. I'll test after I publish latest version of the mod. However, if there is a such thing, it could be because of native issue. Anyway, we will see soon.

BTW, please fix your message. It is unnecessarily long because of repeats.

Guys and Gals, Welcome to the 2022! Wishing Happy and Healthy New Year to everyone!
I just made big change on mod structure. Also added some little QoL and fun extras.
Now this is not a modlet that includes everything, it is a compilation of 18 modlets.
Check below descriptions to learn what's included in them.
If anything doesn't suit your taste, just delete its folder from ~/Mods folder.
If you want what you deleted back, just open the archive and put it back into ~/Mods folder.

For the sake of simplicity old descriptions removed but changelogs preserved.
Therefore you have to try all these special things yourself to see what's so special about them if you are new here and didn't have chance to try earlier.

special_things_00_basics
### Mandatory to have. Never delete this folder unless you want complete uninstall. ###
• Special Forge and Workbench
• Invulnerable materials
• Special Stone Axe

special_things_01_extras
### Extra tools that I didn't want in basics. ###
• Special Claw Hammer and Nailgun
• Special Paint Tool

special_things_02_apparel
### Very useful apparel. ###
• Special Cigar and Shades
• Special Mining Helmet
• Special Rocket Shoes and Rocket Boots

special_things_03_consumables
### Very useful drink, food and meds. ###
• Special Beer
• Special Hunter and Farmer Stew
• Special Painkiller

special_things_04_melee_b
### You can have candles made of zeds or charge your phone over zeds. ###
• Special Torch* and Flashlight
• Special Fireaxe and Javelin
*Known bug: you can't power attack with Special Torch in 3rd person view. (3rd person view is only available via Debug Mode)

special_things_05_ranged_b
### Silent. Useful. Long ranged. ###
• Special Bow and Crossbow
• Special Arrow and Crossbow Bolt
• Special Junk Turret

special_things_06_blocks_b
### Nothing can destroy these unless you want it happen so. ###
• Invulnerable Steel Shapes
• Invulnerable Glass Block, Ramp, Plate and Pillar
• Invulnerable Storage Box

special_things_07_blocks_e
### Indestructible housing blocks. Mannequin is a training dummy. ###
• Invulnerable House Door and Vault Door
• Invulnerable Cellar Hatch and Vault Hatch
• Invulnerable Garage Doors and Draw Bridge
• Invulnerable Female Mannequin

special_things_08_bicycle
### Fast speed. High resistance. 90 slots. ###
• Special Bicycle

special_things_09_trader
### She sells what's most required. Always open. Refreshing stock everyday. ###
• Special Trader

special_things_10_melee_e
### More melee weapons including those added earlier upon request. ###
• Special Machete and Knuckles
• Special Club and Sledgehammer
• Special Spear

special_things_11_ranged_e
### More ranged weapons, firearms to be exact. ###
• Special Double Barrel Shotgun, Pump Shotgun and Auto Shotgun
• Special .44 Magnum Revolver, Desert Vulture and Pistol
• Special SMG5, AK-47, Tactical AR and M60
• Special Hunting Rifle, Lever Action Rifle and Sniper Rifle
• Special Shotgun Slug, .44 Magnum, 9mm, 7.62mm Bullets and Bundles

special_things_12_armor
### Special Tank Top removed. Nothing else here yet. ###

special_things_13_ui
### special_things_00_basics is not required for that to work. ###
### UI modifications. ###
• Shows HP and name of entity
• Adds center mark to compass, color is aqua

special_things_14_hand
### Improves player hand and makes brawling a competitive build. ###
• Increases player hand's speed and damage

special_things_15_stack
### Increases some stack quantities to 50K. ###
• Resources, foods, drinks, medicals, drugs, ammo and others

special_things_16_7x24
### Change of working hours for all traders. ###
• Now traders are working tirelessly, 7x24

special_things_99_nsfw
### Do not read beyond this point if you are not an adult. ###
• Removes top from female torso (makes topless)
• Removes shorts from female legs (a panty will still be there)

DOWNLOAD

Edited by hsngrms (see edit history)

Hello @noname835

Thanks for the feedback. I didn't have such problem when I tested it but I'll surely look into it again.

Please share what error you get. You can also share logs from game folder.

Edit: I tried 3 times again. Loaded old save, created new game 2 times. No problem so far. That wall is made from invulnerable steel and glass blocks:

1645827544_Screenshot2022-01-09004030.thumb.jpg.c733219b7c56ef23d17606553cc3ebdc.jpg

Edited by hsngrms
Answer and picture (see edit history)