Star in the item icon - how do we do that?

mr.devolver

11 minutes ago, Numberz said:

Hmm.  It sounds like you are talking about the star that gets added when you mark something as a favorite in the crafting list...

Not sure if it's the same image, but you can also put it on items and it will show in the top left corner of the item icon. The question is how can we do that? Well, I think I found the answer. It's probably ItemTypeIcon property, but I haven't tested it yet. I wonder if it's possible to also give that little icon its own color!

17 minutes ago, mr.devolver said:

Not sure if it's the same image, but you can also put it on items and it will show in the top left corner of the item icon. The question is how can we do that? Well, I think I found the answer. It's probably ItemTypeIcon property, but I haven't tested it yet. I wonder if it's possible to also give that little icon its own color!

ItemType Icon property is like the icon that appears above the anvil and the bellows, surely that's what you are looking for, changing the color can also be done, luckily.

3 minutes ago, mr.devolver said:

How can we change the color of that little icon?

I could not tell you, you can still change how to add color to the weapons or maybe it does not work like that.
It would be a matter of trial and error.

Just now, Gouki said:

I could not tell you, you can still change how to add color to the weapons or maybe it does not work like that.
It would be a matter of trial and error.

Could you point me to an example of an item where this little icon has some color? There are clearly no vanilla items like that, I already checked, but I would bet I've seen an item like that in a mod before, I just can't remember which mod it was, but maybe you do remember?

9 minutes ago, mr.devolver said:

Could you point me to an example of an item where this little icon has some color? There are clearly no vanilla items like that, I already checked, but I would bet I've seen an item like that in a mod before, I just can't remember which mod it was, but maybe you do remember?

In this mod they change the icon to star, but not the color, check it.

59 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

Maybe you remember seeing this?

If so, they are just custom item icons to help them stick out in loot. 😅

Wait, so I will have to draw it? Grr! Oh well... Yeah, it looks similar to what I remember, but your stars look so pretty though, I remember there were some items with yellowish stars that didn't look so pretty, they were just flat one colored shapes.

19 minutes ago, mr.devolver said:

Wait, so I will have to draw it? Grr! Oh well... Yeah, it looks similar to what I remember, but your stars look so pretty though, I remember there were some items with yellowish stars that didn't look so pretty, they were just flat one colored shapes.

It takes no artistic skill.  I think I got the star from Windows standard images within their Paint 3D app. :)

7 hours ago, bdubyah said:

I had stars in Wasteland Weapons to mark legendary weapons in A18. I changed it in A19 to just a glow behind the weapon. Either way though, yeah, custom icons made in GIMP. :)

Edit, added examples.

gunMaria1.png

gunMaria.png

OMG. I think this is what I remember seeing! LOL I love this so much!!! I would say it's the beauty of simplicity, I can't help it, I know it's just a little thing, but it's so freaking unique and cool as it adds that extra little detail and touch we haven't seen elsewhere. This is one of MANY reasons why I love your mods! :hug:

<property name="ItemTypeIcon" value="star"/>
            <property name="CustomIcon" value="gunRifleT2MarksmanRifle"/>
            <property name="CustomIconTint" value="180,180,255"/>
            <property name="TintColor" value="0,255,255"/>

index.jpg

19 minutes ago, Slawa said:

<property name="ItemTypeIcon" value="star"/>
            <property name="CustomIcon" value="gunRifleT2MarksmanRifle"/>
            <property name="CustomIconTint" value="180,180,255"/>
            <property name="TintColor" value="0,255,255"/>

index.jpg

Yes, there is the star, but I wanted to know if / how it's possible to give that star its own color.

Archived