Vehicle Madness for A21

Ragsy 2145

Just thinking about death rally, if you put spikes on the front of a vehicle, like really long spikes, will the spikes them selfs damage the zombie? Or is it just the vehicle weight? If its the spikes thaat do you, either create one vehicle with spikes, or ideally a vehicle mod. :D

Posted (edited)

All that adding the 'plow' vehicle mod does is just 'extend vehicles physics colliders out at the front of the vehicle'  and when the vehicle mod is installed it adds passive effects that vehicle can do more damage to entities , blocks and also increases the vehicle degredation levels.

So the plow mods existing visual look can be replaced with a spikes 'visual effect' for when you install the plow mod like this for a rough example.

ColliderPlowSpikes.thumb.png.63e5122c0d60a14bd9e39a09c6a48f92.png

Regards

Ragsy!!

Edited by Ragsy 2145 (see edit history)

On 7/19/2024 at 8:32 PM, Ragsy 2145 said:

These vanilla buses are in Vehicle Madness already ...  9 Seats for a crowd

20240719012233_1.thumb.jpg.2f507e0c67f64072fe188b575ae0f033.jpg

Regards

Ragsy !!

This is awesome,

Would this mod be available or is it part of another mod

3 hours ago, Zooxss said:

This is awesome,

Would this mod be available or is it part of another mod

Ragsy is working on updating Vehicle Madness for 1.0.  Those will be available in his mod when done.  Or you can try them out in A21.

11 hours ago, Riamus said:

Ragsy is working on updating Vehicle Madness for 1.0.  Those will be available in his mod when done.  Or you can try them out in A21.

A small update on progress for V1.0 release:

Just in process of double checking all the vehicle wrecks in world and repairable blocks for terrain alignment .....  you can probably spot the EVO wreck in background of the screenie below that a few positions have changed from the A21 release.

A 'few' vehicles now have some visual mods ,  I am not sure for Vehicle Madness wether vehicle mods would be suitable for some of the more basic vehicles as most go for the good stuff later in game when they get the chance.   The biggest down side of the 'visual mod' add on's is that each visual mod adds more size to the modlet overhaul. 

Currently the total size is just less that 500Mb for the 60 plus vehicles and 140 plus wreck variants

Just about ready for Test run .... i have a few testers lined up so hopefully they wont find too many bugs .

Oh I also added a new vehicle that was kindly donated by KueleAskkopf for Vehicle Madness use , many thanks .    Added the usual dirty look to it for VM  ;)

20240725133127_1.thumb.jpg.7e69f5fb2f64b082ba8f44a2c25eb3a2.jpg

Regards

Ragsy!!

3 hours ago, xiiMaRcLeoN said:

Cant wait for the update, wanna drive the ambulance again.

Dont care about the ambulance my self, but the immersion it adds always bothered me why cant we fix some of these? at this point this is the only mod im willing to strat over for when its done

Ill agree with that, always feels better to me for my purposes if it feels like its a peice of loot, holy crap got this "insert example here" vm fast back right off the bat no gas for it yet, but as soon as i do i have a vehicle, i just started game hehee

Just more of a thread question for ragsy, when your done with 1.0 for a release, are you going to update this thread or create a new one? just wanting to know if i should pay atteention to the main mods page here, or keep checking this one, i genenerally check daily

I will start a new thread for the new era as this thread has served well for the early development years of Vehicle Madness .....so keep your eyes open in the next week or so for the release all being well after the testers go bug hunting :)

Regards

Ragsy !!

Small Progress Update :

We have a few testers now for the Experimental version to bug find for us .... so now waiting to see what happens in the test phase .

Barring no major issues Vehicle Madness will be released after the Test phase , approx 7 days to bug squash :)  and then a Public first release for V1.0

Regards

Ragsy!!

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, ChaseNum said:

Awesome, this mod is amazing and I used this mod back in A21, hopefully we get this to 1.0 soon :D

Still under test phase and should be very very soon barring no 'Game Breakers' .... also having extra checking to ensure nothing is broken on the new 1.1 b4 Experimental version that just dropped for testing.    As far as i can see nothing is broken infact some things they have 'improved on the vehicle side' in this next version.  

Hopefully it stays that way but for Vehicle Madness in V1.0 its just making sure we are happy to release so playtesting and bug finding continues .

A new addition you will find a Repairable version of this Old Semi in the world !! says me teasing a bit 🙃

20240808210253_1.thumb.jpg.959e2a5d03520f8897871258c7ff8720.jpg

Regards

Ragsy !!

Ya I use Bdubs Vehicles for now until the Vehicle Madness one is available but once it is ready it is gonna be very fun to play with it, gives a little My Summer Car experience since I am from Finlanimage.thumb.png.65ca98a81a2941623e8bb14c90868d06.pngd I also have Tree environment mod that makes the forest look better so using that with good vehicle mod makes the exploring and adventures a lot more fun :cool:

7dtdscreenshot282024 (4).png