Issues with prefabs and sleeper volumes

Fluffams

12 minutes ago, Jugginator said:

Hmmm how about ensuring you're on the same resolution as your desktop is set at, and disable vsync. Shooting in the dark here lol. Maybe if you could post one of your output log files and your dxdiag

my res matches my desktop and vsync was turned off no changes :( ive got my display of dxdiag here but im not finding any information with it

Capture.PNG

2 minutes ago, unholyjoe said:

like mods that "should be disabled" for testing all possibilities.

I just went through and deleted my only mod (the backpack sorting one) still no change 

when rechecking the output log there are non detected

Will the error have something to do with this:

2020-08-20T18:07:17 1.459 INF Not running in Big Picture Mode, no on-screen keyboard available
2020-08-20T18:07:17 1.459 INF Starting PlayerInputManager...
Fallback handler could not load library D:/Steam/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die/7DaysToDie_Data/Mono/XInputInterface32
Fallback handler could not load library D:/Steam/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die/7DaysToDie_Data/Mono/XInputInterface32.dll
Fallback handler could not load library D:/Steam/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die/7DaysToDie_Data/Mono/XInputInterface32
Fallback handler could not load library D:/Steam/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die/7DaysToDie_Data/Mono/libXInputInterface32
Fallback handler could not load library D:/Steam/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die/7DaysToDie_Data/Mono/libXInputInterface32.dll
Fallback handler could not load library D:/Steam/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die/7DaysToDie_Data/Mono/libXInputInterface32

Fallback handler could not load library D:/Steam/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die/7DaysToDie_Data/Mono/libc
Fallback handler could not load library D:/Steam/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die/7DaysToDie_Data/Mono/libc.dll
Fallback handler could not load library D:/Steam/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die/7DaysToDie_Data/Mono/libc

WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/PostProcessing/Uber' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/PostProcessing/Uber' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/PostProcessing/FinalPass' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/PostProcessing/FinalPass' - Pass '' has no vertex shader

WRN Loaded world file from different version: 'Alpha 16(b15)'

negative, that is merely a debug for devs pertaining unity changes and shaders... its not a red error. i have the same warnings and my editor is working, his is working but he is being block from moving using the handlebars.

but, that brings on another question... you said you had a reg mouse... do you have a controller hooked up (dont need to be using it) if you do, then unplug it.

i have same

2020-08-19T15:10:28 1.928 INF Not running in Big Picture Mode, no on-screen keyboard available
2020-08-19T15:10:28 1.928 INF Starting PlayerInputManager...
Fallback handler could not load library I:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die/7DaysToDie_Data/Mono/XInputInterface32
Fallback handler could not load library I:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die/7DaysToDie_Data/Mono/XInputInterface32.dll
Fallback handler could not load library I:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die/7DaysToDie_Data/Mono/XInputInterface32
Fallback handler could not load library I:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die/7DaysToDie_Data/Mono/libXInputInterface32
Fallback handler could not load library I:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die/7DaysToDie_Data/Mono/libXInputInterface32.dll
Fallback handler could not load library I:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die/7DaysToDie_Data/Mono/libXInputInterface32

8 minutes ago, unholyjoe said:

negative, that is merely a debug for devs pertaining unity changes and shaders... its not a red error. i have the same warnings and my editor is working, his is working but he is being block from moving using the handlebars.

but, that brings on another question... you said you had a reg mouse... do you have a controller hooked up (dont need to be using it) if you do, then unplug it.

i have same

2020-08-19T15:10:28 1.928 INF Not running in Big Picture Mode, no on-screen keyboard available
2020-08-19T15:10:28 1.928 INF Starting PlayerInputManager...
Fallback handler could not load library I:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die/7DaysToDie_Data/Mono/XInputInterface32.dll
Fallback handler could not load library I:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die/7DaysToDie_Data/Mono/libXInputInterface32.dll

I did for a time but it was unplugged last night when I was encountering the issue. My software I use for it has also been disabled for some time as well

So if i load a prefab from the vanilla game I can move the sleeper volume around normally, so does that mean I'm missing something in my own prefabs?

loading abandoned house 01 lets me move the sleeper volumes, when i go into the xml's nothing is really different code wise from my prefab minus the values of course. The only line missing would be the sleepers game stage adjustment

Update: I've gone through just about all the vanilla files and loaded them into the prefab editor and i am allowed to move the sleeper volumes of all these. I copied the xml from aaa_boats (which has no sleepers but i was able to make one and move it just fine) to a tester and when running the tester it still wont allow me to move them on the prefabs I've created. I've uninstalled, checked/updated drivers, restarted my pc, wiped the game files, verified the game cache, checked keybinds and my resolutions and just about everything I can think of. It still wont let me move sleeper volumes, I don't know if the game is just broken on my end or what but it seems my prefab making days are done with game breaking bug. Thank you all for your responses, got more out of you than anywhere else on the web even from the ticket I submitted (still no answer). Just sucks nothing is working.

8 minutes ago, Gouki said:

I think it's a mistake maybe from the prefabs you made.
Would you share a prefab to check it?

I feel like a fool, I learned the hard way. I was naming my prefabs like aaa.apartment when it should be aaa_apartment..........ive done about 5 different tests and the ones with _ are working. thats the only difference.

not sure why the name effects it that much but hey at least i found an answer

They have to have _ when you put the name, the same editor marks you an error when you put space or some other symbol, how well you have noticed.

Nobody is born knowing everything, it is a matter of trial and error, like life itself.

Archived