Issues with prefabs and sleeper volumes

Fluffams

So I've made many prefabs in alpha 18 and when I tried to make my first one for 19 I quickly realized that the sleeper volumes are broken. I cant adjust them using shift+g or even use g to move it around, making prefabs damn near useless without being able to add zombies to them. Maybe I'm missing something and the keybinds are changed somewhere I'm not sure. I've already went in and adjusted the XML for sleepers and its not working.

28 minutes ago, Fluffams said:

So I've made many prefabs in alpha 18 and when I tried to make my first one for 19 I quickly realized that the sleeper volumes are broken. I cant adjust them using shift+g or even use g to move it around, making prefabs damn near useless without being able to add zombies to them. Maybe I'm missing something and the keybinds are changed somewhere I'm not sure. I've already went in and adjusted the XML for sleepers and its not working.

Hi Fluffams

If I have understood you correctly, the zombies are already added in the prefabs, when entering the world editor and checking the Show volume sleepers option, if it shows them all selected?

No I meant when im in the prefab editor and i push f6 to spawn in a sleeper volume it wont allow me to change the size, and the one that i do have in the editor wont allow me to assign zombies to the volume. i havent gotten to move my prefab to the world editor yet because the volumes aren't complete

What I did when creating my first 2 prefabs in A19, is to add the sleepers and then press F6 and then press volume sleeper (I think it says like this) at the bottom, you exit with Esc and it shows you the area to select it. with shift + g (to adjust), when you have selected all the sleepers, press the letter K and there you select which group of zombies you want.

Right, it's just that after i do all that and get to the shift+g part its not moving, the arrows for the axis show up but dragging them does nothing same with just holding g

it basically places a sleeper volume down but there is no way to adjust it

idk im on the stable version of the game, i tried going back to 18.4 and manually setting up stable 19.0 and the issue was there for both versions of the game. If i load my previous prefabs ive done in the past it still wont allow me to change the size of the volumes either. Is my game just perma broken or something. I've been working on this issue for about 6-7 hours now and have gotten absolutely nowhere.

1 hour ago, Fluffams said:

@Fluffams, there's a known issue with the various box selection resizes when dynamic resolution changes the 3D resolution. If you have it set to auto or scale, turn it to off and this issue should resolve.

So I checked the resolution and all that and it was turned off already, i uninstalled and turned it on and the problem was still there, i uninstalled again and turn it off and problem was still there. I've put in a ticket of sorts and no answer yet. I am at a loss here.

27 minutes ago, Fluffams said:

So I checked the resolution and all that and it was turned off already, i uninstalled and turned it on and the problem was still there, i uninstalled again and turn it off and problem was still there. I've put in a ticket of sorts and no answer yet. I am at a loss here.

Have a screenshot by chance?  I know at least one other person describing what your seeing but haven't been able to repro it.  Is your shift or G key bound to something custom?

If there is a question about keybindings and settings, there may be some old config options working against you. First of all check your options directly. If that doesn't help, use the nuclear option:

Start the game launcher, select tab "tools", "clean something something" and delete the configuration/settings (the first point of the list, you don't need to delete game data, i.e. worlds or save games).

You should write down you graphics settings before doing this so you can recreate them fast.

tricky part is you have trouble trying to move while you/camera is inside of the volume. i have had to remove a block from wall or ceiling so i can tag the volume when you are even on other side of wall you can/should still be able to interact with the handles then.. also.. if you are within a voxel block of an object you are limited again.

so standing next to sleeper, steps, ladder and loot containers will block your using things like the control handles too.

i now keep my sleeper volumes placed either just below a ceiling or above it so i can access it.

3 minutes ago, Fluffams said:

so ive got the zombies in the volume and the axis shows but will not move in any direction, i tried cleaning everything out and resetting and still not working

A19.0_2020-08-20_16-07-03.jpg

thats what shows when i hold shift+g

Looks like your keys are working otherwise the axis wouldn't look like that.  Do any of the axis lines highlight yellow when your scroll over them with the cursor?

2 minutes ago, unholyjoe said:

tricky part is you have trouble trying to move while you/camera is inside of the volume. i have had to remove a block from wall or ceiling so i can tag the volume when you are even on other side of wall you can/should still be able to interact with the handles then.. also.. if you are within a voxel block of an object you are limited again.

I have also noticed its difficult to LMB click to highlight a specific volume.  Alot of the time its trial and error of clicking from inside/outside of the volume I want...

17 minutes ago, unholyjoe said:

please see jugginator's message above about the auto dynamic and i mentioned it also in video.

all of the settings are the same as yours and followed it to a T, when i try to resize it just wont move

27 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

Can you move the entire volume around when just holding G?  If not, try holding G then using WASD keys to move the volume around instead of using the mouse.

This may help isolate the problem.

yeah holding just G and using WASD isnt getting me anywhere either, i just cant resize it

A19.0_2020-08-20_16-59-31.jpg

A19.0_2020-08-20_16-59-35.jpg

A19.0_2020-08-20_16-59-44.jpg

A19.0_2020-08-20_16-59-52.jpg

2 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

Hmm, what kind of computer and mouse are you using?  LMB rotates blocks and RMB places them?

Edit: have you been able to resize volumes in the past?

yeah ive made a couple prefabs in previous alphas and have never ran into this issue, even when i go into my other prefabs I know I did it still wont let me adjust them. and as for the mouse i think its a standard mouse

10 minutes ago, Jugginator said:

Try running the game in full screen mode at your native resolution if you havent and use the unity launcher box to check "exclusive full screen" and then launch the game.

So i followed the unity thing and did fullscreen before launching game and problem is still there 😕 

A19.0_2020-08-20_17-28-35.jpg

i also tried in different resolutions

Archived