Selling food at vending machines is sux!

Biscoitoso

Fish Tacos
Food: 46
Health: 40
Max Stamina Bonus: 30

At vending machine: stack of 5, just for 92 Dukes.

Spaghetti
Food: 122
Health: 61
Max Stamina Bonus: 40

At vending machine: stack of 5, just for 92 Dukes.

Pumpkin Bread
Food: 12
Health: 6
Max Stamina Bonus: 20

At vending machine: unit for 124 Dukes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why some foods can just be sold in stacks of 5? Why spaghetti and fish tacos have same price even if spaghetti is much more better than fish tacos? Why pumpkin bread can be sold per unit at 124 Dukes if it is worse than spaghetti and fish tacos?

EDIT: Guys I am talking about rented machines and player vending machines when you put food on that to sell.

18 hours ago, Biscoitoso said:

Why some foods can just be sold in stacks of 5? Why spaghetti and fish tacos have same price even if spaghetti is much more better than fish tacos? Why pumpkin bread can be sold per unit at 124 Dukes if it is worse than spaghetti and fish tacos?

Apocalypse logic.

This is the same as how the trader with the full wood bunker can stay alive and people who used to live in a reinforced military base just died.

1 hour ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

I have never seen those foods in a vending machine. That must be vending machines owned by players or a mod. And in this case the player or the author of the mod sets the price. Not the game.

Hyeah, you is right, but that is not the point here.

Every item you put in a vending machines have it own base price, it will shown in white color, lowered prices are green and raised prices are red. The point is: why some advanced food have low base prices and simple food have high prices? And why I can sell a pumpkin bread per unit and have to sell spaghetti in stacks of 5 units?

I am just complaining about that because I dont see any logic, by my point of view it is a failure.

I think TFP just used control + c and control + v in a old food, then edited that into a new recipe but forgot to edit prices and stacks at vending machines.

Well i didn´t know they set a base price in player owned vending machines. Propably the same the trader charges you for that food? The Pumpkin bread doesn´t make sense then, that´s right.

I´ll blame this on the game still beeing in alpha. They don´t know wich foods will still be in the final version right now. I wouldn´t bother balancing everything perfectly either if i am not sure if it will stay in or not. At least not at something that isn´t gamebreaking like player vending machines for food.

5 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Well i didn´t know they set a base price in player owned vending machines. Propably the same the trader charges you for that food? The Pumpkin bread doesn´t make sense then, that´s right.

I´ll blame this on the game still beeing in alpha. They don´t know wich foods will still be in the final version right now. I wouldn´t bother balancing everything perfectly either if i am not sure if it will stay in or not. At least not at something that isn´t gamebreaking like player vending machines for food.

Hyeah, you have some points, but at the final version all must be balanced and the only way to reach this result is fixing every issue, glith and exploit.

I see that you not used to using vending machines. Let me explain how its works.

Until A-19 the base prices per items sold at vending machines are equal to the ones you sold to traders. Because that, most players dont use it, they prefer sell directly to traders. Why I should put my item at vending machine and wait a player buy it, if I can sell that to traders? Ok I cvan raise the prices, but it will turn red and some players just not will buy cause the collor: "Oh, this guy want steal my money with this damned red prices!".

But in A-19, TFP fixed this problem, now the white prices are more high than selling to traders. For example, if an item can be sold per 100 Dukes, at vending machine it will be 200 Dukes, any player looking for that item will buy it from you cause the trader will sell this for 1000 Dukes. In that case all players win.

I am selling for 200 dukes something the trader buy for 100 dukes.
You is buying for 200 dukes something the trader sell for 1000 dukes.

But much more itens need be fixed at vending machines, like the foods.

Archived