Staying cool in heat?

MadDogBrian

IRC the cowboy hat is cooler, wear shorts/skirt, a t-shirt/tank top, leather poncho, a bandana(face item, you can craft it easily) not sure what shoes are best. I'm not sure there is a food item to help anymore, thought the smoothie would help but I guess not if you say it helps in cold climates(havent really looked at the smoothies). If you start to overheat near water go step in it, getting wet will cool you down.

I checked buffs.xml and the following things give you hyperthermia resistance:

The "newbie coat" buff (first 5 levels or something like that)

Being Wet

No foods or other temporary buffs will help. Personally, I think the Yucca Smoothie is a typo or a copy/paste error. Unless somehow smoothies in the apocalypse switch from being cold, ice-based drinks to hot drinks? There should be one drink for hypothermia (coffee) and one drink for hyperthermia (smoothie). I bet there's a modlet out there that does this.

11 hours ago, Boidster said:

I checked buffs.xml and the following things give you hyperthermia resistance:

The "newbie coat" buff (first 5 levels or something like that)

Being Wet

No foods or other temporary buffs will help. Personally, I think the Yucca Smoothie is a typo or a copy/paste error. Unless somehow smoothies in the apocalypse switch from being cold, ice-based drinks to hot drinks? There should be one drink for hypothermia (coffee) and one drink for hyperthermia (smoothie). I bet there's a modlet out there that does this.

Yeah, I never got that about the Yucca Smoothies either. That's actually on my list of things to change once A19 stable comes out.

the fire helmet and the fireman's almanac have perks for that. I need to experiment with the fire helmet but i suspect that may be the best helmet in the  game.  Do the hat mods convey the book bonus perks? does the ballcap mod convey the batterup bonus? because if so then the ballcap mod on the fire helmet + college jacket means 10% damage reduction AND kick @%$*#! heat resistance. 

Tiny A19 modlet which fixes the Yucca Juice Smoothie is attached. It gives 15m of heat protection instead of cold, and icon is a coat instead of a coffee cup. If you want the description fixed as well, you have to edit Localization.txt and change this line:

drinkYuccaJuiceSmoothieDesc,items,Food,,,This smoothie helps you survive in severely warm environments.

It's too bad they didn't do localization as an XML file so we could modify it the same way we do the rest of the files.

BoidstersSmoothieFix.zip

There is also the ball cap mod for head armor (not sure if that's the name, but it looks like a ball cap). It gives you the heat resist of the ball cap added to an actual head armor piece. Although you may be aware of it and counting it as clothing, since it is instead a mod i wanted to be sure you knew about it.

Archived