Restart?

IrishRed

I think so.  I noticed my perks are all lower.  Some other threads ppl saying same.  Devs used to tell us if we need to start a new game, but seems like they didn't tell us this time.  Experimental, I guess we can just expect it.

1 hour ago, IrishRed said:

Hey all, with experimental updates, is there a need to start a new game? New to this world lol.

Yes and no. If you absolutely want to avoid problems due to incompatibilities (sometimes severe) between builds, then you ought to start a new world with each one. This usually means that an experimental world will only last a week or so IRL.

You certainly can load up a world from a previous build and try it out. Certain types of updates (POI fixes for example) won't show up for you, but the world might still work. For A19 it seemed that a b159 world worked mostly okay in b163. But in b169 (the latest), character stats get borked.

If you plan on ever reporting bugs, then you must create a new world with each build. They generally will not take bug reports for experimental builds that are running worlds created in older builds.

A restart is recommended for every new build until we get to stable.  However, if you absolutely must continue here is a mod I threw together that adds admin XP items to the game so you can level up people back to where they were. For yourself you can just use the "giveselfxp" command.

2 hours ago, Laz Man said:

A restart is recommended for every new build until we get to stable.  However, if you absolutely must continue here is a mod I threw together that adds admin XP items to the game so you can level up people back to where they were. For yourself you can just use the "giveselfxp" command.

This is a pretty cool mod ya made for people on servers, so they can fix their characters on a update, thanks for that, I don't play MP myself, but I can see it being a useful admin tool to have. As to why I don't play mp? the melee combat is so BAD in multiplayer due to how badly it desyncs

1 hour ago, EasyPeasyLemonSqueezy said:

I've decided to stop playing altogether until the stable version releases. Hopefully it's soon! I'm looking forward to diving back in and playing properly again. 

Might be a good time to try alternative game settings like horde night every night or 10 min days.  Quick and fast with little commitment. 😅

Archived