STALLIONSDENS & VALMARS A21 Modlets

stallionsden

While I was waiting, I decided to try a couple more things to try and see if anything I'd done on my end was causing the issue.
So, this time i didn't use mod launcher to set up a new copy of the game. i just used my default vanilla install of 7d2d.
I manually installed the sealed meat mod, and started my game. I generated a new small world with all of the settings at default *except* that persistant profiles was set to "on".
started the game and ran to the first garbage bag i saw, which apparently was being protected by a dog, and managed to open it and see 25 plastic wrap before being killed by the dog ;(
deleted the save and shut down the game.
deleted the sealed meat mod from the mod folder.
downloaded and extracted a fresh copy of the dye station mod, and moved it to the mods folder.
Started the game, created a new game using the world i'd previously generated.
being killed instantly by the dog left me too depressed to generate a completely new world lol
loaded in and ran to the first loot container i saw. (can't remember what type it was, some kind of trash on the ground.)
in contained 1 each of the special items for the mod. paint and dye or something?
ran to a fruit stand, opened everything there that i could, i can't remember exactly what was there, but the 2 or 3 things (one was a cash register) that were lootable, all just contained normal loot.
then i ran a little further and opened some kind of trash type loot container. it contained a couple of pieces of normal loot, and 2 each of the same special items from the mod that i'd picked up before. paint and dye or whatever.
Sooo, i dunno. I eliminated the chance that it was something to do with using mod launcher for the creating my 7 days install. seemingly eliminated the chance that it was caused by any custom settings (except for persistant profiles i guess). seemingly elimitanted the chance that it was caused by applying a mod *after* the world was generated. (at least with in the first case. second mod was tested with the same world generated while using the first mod).
So I'm completely out of ideas as to anything I could do to fix things on my end.
Also, my friend who was also testing, was on a completely different computer, and running off of his own single player game, and he had the same issue.
Other posts that I've seen on the forum didn't seem to be having the same problem we were having, but all the posts i looked at were from a while back, so it made me wonder if something was changed with the game itself, some update or something, that triggered a problem with mods made for a previous version.
That's the only idea my brain has been able to come up with.

4 minutes ago, PurdyDot said:

While I was waiting, I decided to try a couple more things to try and see if anything I'd done on my end was causing the issue.
So, this time i didn't use mod launcher to set up a new copy of the game. i just used my default vanilla install of 7d2d.
I manually installed the sealed meat mod, and started my game. I generated a new small world with all of the settings at default *except* that persistant profiles was set to "on".
started the game and ran to the first garbage bag i saw, which apparently was being protected by a dog, and managed to open it and see 25 plastic wrap before being killed by the dog ;(
deleted the save and shut down the game.
deleted the sealed meat mod from the mod folder.
downloaded and extracted a fresh copy of the dye station mod, and moved it to the mods folder.
Started the game, created a new game using the world i'd previously generated.
being killed instantly by the dog left me too depressed to generate a completely new world lol
loaded in and ran to the first loot container i saw. (can't remember what type it was, some kind of trash on the ground.)
in contained 1 each of the special items for the mod. paint and dye or something?
ran to a fruit stand, opened everything there that i could, i can't remember exactly what was there, but the 2 or 3 things (one was a cash register) that were lootable, all just contained normal loot.
then i ran a little further and opened some kind of trash type loot container. it contained a couple of pieces of normal loot, and 2 each of the same special items from the mod that i'd picked up before. paint and dye or whatever.
Sooo, i dunno. I eliminated the chance that it was something to do with using mod launcher for the creating my 7 days install. seemingly eliminated the chance that it was caused by any custom settings (except for persistant profiles i guess). seemingly elimitanted the chance that it was caused by applying a mod *after* the world was generated. (at least with in the first case. second mod was tested with the same world generated while using the first mod).
So I'm completely out of ideas as to anything I could do to fix things on my end.
Also, my friend who was also testing, was on a completely different computer, and running off of his own single player game, and he had the same issue.
Other posts that I've seen on the forum didn't seem to be having the same problem we were having, but all the posts i looked at were from a while back, so it made me wonder if something was changed with the game itself, some update or something, that triggered a problem with mods made for a previous version.
That's the only idea my brain has been able to come up with.

i got a fix coming had to re write parts of the loot.xml but will get them uploaded today as i ran out of time last night sorry

7 minutes ago, stallionsden said:

i got a fix coming had to re write parts of the loot.xml but will get them uploaded today as i ran out of time last night sorry

oh, cool :D
That's no problem at all. You are the one taking time out of your day to help me, so i certainly have no complaints :)
In the meantime, I got the bright idea that IF the problem was caused by a change to the game, or update or whatever, then maybe i could get the game working by "downgrading" to a previous version. so i tried 20.5, still had the problem. 20.4, same problem. jumped back to 20.0 and *still* had the problem. so i've completely wiped my copy of 7dtd, deleted the leftover folder, and installed a20.0 from scratch. currently generating a new world to test it.

Stallionsdens and Valmars Update: Version 20.6.3

Changed the loot placement from main group to sub groups
Reduced loot on many from 1 to 0,1
Reduced places you can find items
Reduced amount if items in a container when it is choosing how many to shoose (IE: count="1,3" is now count="0,1"
Changed loot_probability from low and med and medlow to veryLow
Added possibility to find items in the trader. 

10 minutes ago, stallionsden said:

Stallionsdens and Valmars Update: Version 20.6.3

Changed the loot placement from main group to sub groups
Reduced loot on many from 1 to 0,1
Reduced places you can find items
Reduced amount if items in a container when it is choosing how many to shoose (IE: count="1,3" is now count="0,1"
Changed loot_probability from low and med and medlow to veryLow
Added possibility to find items in the trader. 

Alrighty, i'll try it out :)
for reference, after wiping 7d2d and installing 20.0 from scratch, i still had the issue, so i have no idea what was up with that. tried 19.6, and the problem seemed to vanish, since i looted maybe 12 or 15 trash and found none of the dyes. but since i never found *any* i don't even know if the mod was actually working. lol
anyway, i'll go ahead and try the updated mods with a20.6. i'll wipe again and start from scratch, just to make sure things are clean from the get go.
thanks again :)

6 minutes ago, PurdyDot said:

Alrighty, i'll try it out :)
for reference, after wiping 7d2d and installing 20.0 from scratch, i still had the issue, so i have no idea what was up with that. tried 19.6, and the problem seemed to vanish, since i looted maybe 12 or 15 trash and found none of the dyes. but since i never found *any* i don't even know if the mod was actually working. lol
anyway, i'll go ahead and try the updated mods with a20.6. i'll wipe again and start from scratch, just to make sure things are clean from the get go.
thanks again :)

No worries let me know how you go

4 hours ago, stallionsden said:

No worries let me know how you go

I put on most of the valmars mods that we were using before, and didn't see any issues, so i put on the collection of your mods that we wanted, and a couple of others as well, and so far i haven't seen any problems.
Thank you very much! :D
For reference, the mods i have running now, are bdubs vehicles, plus khain's lockables slots
And these stallionsdens mods

unknown.png
plus these valmars mods
unknown.png

sorry, didn't see an easy way to output what all mods were installed, so i did screenshots 😕

anyway, i haven't noticed any problems yet, sooo, fingers crossed! ;D
and thanks again! ~~^_^

1 minute ago, PurdyDot said:

I put on most of the valmars mods that we were using before, and didn't see any issues, so i put on the collection of your mods that we wanted, and a couple of others as well, and so far i haven't seen any problems.
Thank you very much! :D
For reference, the mods i have running now, are bdubs vehicles, plus khain's lockables slots
And these stallionsdens mods

unknown.png
plus these valmars mods
unknown.png

sorry, didn't see an easy way to output what all mods were installed, so i did screenshots 😕

anyway, i haven't noticed any problems yet, sooo, fingers crossed! ;D
and thanks again! ~~^_^

No worries at all enjoy 

46 minutes ago, david18 said:

Hi stallionsden I saw that you updated the one book to rule them all but I'm still having the same problem as before I have the required materials and the beaker yet cant craft the books 

Hmmm ok will take another look 

EDIT: argh yes found the issue shall have anew upload shortly for you of just the one book modlet

Edited by stallionsden (see edit history)

Updated: The One Book To Rule Them All.

Added the schematic needed to be read to unlock each book to be able to craft it. 
Increased resources in recipes to craft it 
Added loot.xml to find the schematics to unlock the one book and the one book schematic in loot.

Added a small chance for the schematics to be found in the trader. 
Can now craft the one book and the one book schematic after finding the schematics 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
3 hours ago, Cernwn said:

Cloudflare DNS and the 7daystodie.com website appear to be cursed atm. Any idea where I might locate the latest updated version of Stallionsden/Valmar A20 Ammo Dismantling mod, besides the broken link below?

https://www.moddb.com/games/7-days-to-die/downloads/valmars-ammo-dismantling

Hi cernwn 

Yes  moddb was down for maintenance it appears. But it is back up and going now. 

When a21 comes out and I have updated them I will probably use Github again for these.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/5/2023 at 11:17 AM, pamc2315 said:

Any eta on these mods. Thanks in advance.

Give Stallionsden time. ... There is alot to do in making the A21 changes ... The .xml have changed and the ".xml.modinfo" has a new set-up that needs to be completely redone pretty much and That is for each Mod.

Have a Great Day ... The OldGamer 😌

Edited by gpcstargate (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • stallionsden changed the title to STALLIONSDENS & VALMARS A21 Modlets