STALLIONSDENS & VALMARS A21 Modlets

stallionsden

11 minutes ago, gpcstargate said:

Well, the best I can come up with is .. I downloaded it on or around the 05/02 .... I think ... But it would have been the one just before this update.

Is there a way to put a update date in that file on mods or is that more trouble than it should be?  "just a thought" I see that no one does. 

Hope that helps ... 😌

Argh yeh I don't keep old versions of my mods. To any to keep up with lol. 

I guess that could be will see how my old brain handles it lol 😆 

On 3/10/2022 at 10:42 AM, gpcstargate said:

Good Day Sir,

Thank You So Much .. as far as I'm concern: Perfect .. I have looted for 3 days now and have only found about a half a dozen or so of them .. a couple in trash, but it couldn't be any better .. Love it. 💝

Thank You again for taking the time ... the Old Gamer .. 😌

This is the one and time that you fixed the looting issue .. Lol .. don't know if that helps.

Stallionsden .. I tried to add something to other reply .. but it would not let me .. the file that I'm talking about was done 03/09/22, that's the date on the ModInfo.xml .. I found an old one, so if you don't get time it is Ok.

Hoping you have a good one and Take Care ... the Old Gamer .. 😌

Thinking about it _ do you have a Discord link and I could send it to you, if that would be ok and if not _ all good.

Edited by gpcstargate (see edit history)

2 hours ago, gpcstargate said:

This is the one and time that you fixed the looting issue .. Lol .. don't know if that helps.

Stallionsden .. I tried to add something to other reply .. but it would not let me .. the file that I'm talking about was done 03/09/22, that's the date on the ModInfo.xml .. I found an old one, so if you don't get time it is Ok.

Hoping you have a good one and Take Care ... the Old Gamer .. 😌

Thinking about it _ do you have a Discord link and I could send it to you, if that would be ok and if not _ all good.

Hi I do have a discord link - 

https://discord.gg/magolis-compopack

Hi Stallion,

I recently sent you a message about finding the download link for your updated A20 187 slot backpack mod but maybe you didn't get it, so I thought I would try here.

I can't seem to find the download link for the expanded backpack mods anywhere. I went to the ModDB download link that listed yours and Valmars' mods but didn't see the 187 slot backpack mod anywhere on there. Can't seem to find it anywhere :(

Again, thanks for your help and time!

50 minutes ago, Junkyard Cat said:

Hi Stallion,

I recently sent you a message about finding the download link for your updated A20 187 slot backpack mod but maybe you didn't get it, so I thought I would try here.

I can't seem to find the download link for the expanded backpack mods anywhere. I went to the ModDB download link that listed yours and Valmars' mods but didn't see the 187 slot backpack mod anywhere on there. Can't seem to find it anywhere :(

Again, thanks for your help and time!

Hey ya junkyard cat

Yes I got your message forgot to reply I am sorry.

Unfort I am really bad with ui lol 😆  pretty much my nemesis and yeh stuck on getting that fixed.  

But as soon as I get it going I will let you know apologies for this.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi :D
Some friends and I decided to try your valmars mods, but we've been having some problems 😕
The primary problem we are trying to fix right now, is that most types of trash/loot containers contain a bunch of the same types of special crafting related items.
I can't remember them all off the top of my head but, for example:
When I start a game with *only* the
Valmars Sealed Meat mod active, I suddenly start getting a bunch of plastic wrap in almost every container.
When I disable that mod, and start with *only* the Valmars Dye Station - Colour Your Armor mod active, I suddenly start getting a dye and spray paint in almost every loot container.
I spent about 3 hours on this earlier today and my brain is burnt out, so i thought it was time to ask a professional lol
any ideas?

9 minutes ago, PurdyDot said:

Hi :D
Some friends and I decided to try your valmars mods, but we've been having some problems 😕
The primary problem we are trying to fix right now, is that most types of trash/loot containers contain a bunch of the same types of special crafting related items.
I can't remember them all off the top of my head but, for example:
When I start a game with *only* the
Valmars Sealed Meat mod active, I suddenly start getting a bunch of plastic wrap in almost every container.
When I disable that mod, and start with *only* the Valmars Dye Station - Colour Your Armor mod active, I suddenly start getting a dye and spray paint in almost every loot container.
I spent about 3 hours on this earlier today and my brain is burnt out, so i thought it was time to ask a professional lol
any ideas?

Hi PurdyDot

I shall take a look today. Are you still getting other loot as well or

9 minutes ago, stallionsden said:

Hi PurdyDot

I shall take a look today. Are you still getting other loot as well or

yeah, there's other loot.
I just generated a brand new world with only the dye mod active, to eliminate the possibility that there was a problem with the world i'd generated earlier, and these are the first two loot bags i opened.
spacer.pngspacer.png
so the problem persists even on a newly generated world with only the one mod active.
when we had most of the mods active, the loot containers that didn't have the items like these, usually just had an empty clay bowl and no other loot.
I can't remember much specifics because we did so much testing that it's all a blur, but i can try and answer other questions if you have any :)
I was streaming while trying out the mods, so if you want to see some of it in action, i'll include a couple of links.
but, keep in mind, these are long and *unedited* streams, so it might require a lot of fast-forwarding and rewinding to see what's relevant 😜
This is my wife and i trying out the modded game last night running off of our dedicated home server

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1577559346
And this is from today, on a single player game, when I got serious about trying to figure out what mods might be causing problems.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1577953232
If you have any questions, let me know :)

1 hour ago, PurdyDot said:

yeah, there's other loot.
I just generated a brand new world with only the dye mod active, to eliminate the possibility that there was a problem with the world i'd generated earlier, and these are the first two loot bags i opened.
spacer.pngspacer.png
so the problem persists even on a newly generated world with only the one mod active.
when we had most of the mods active, the loot containers that didn't have the items like these, usually just had an empty clay bowl and no other loot.
I can't remember much specifics because we did so much testing that it's all a blur, but i can try and answer other questions if you have any :)
I was streaming while trying out the mods, so if you want to see some of it in action, i'll include a couple of links.
but, keep in mind, these are long and *unedited* streams, so it might require a lot of fast-forwarding and rewinding to see what's relevant 😜
This is my wife and i trying out the modded game last night running off of our dedicated home server

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1577559346
And this is from today, on a single player game, when I got serious about trying to figure out what mods might be causing problems.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1577953232
If you have any questions, let me know :)

what are your loot respawns set at in the settings

8 minutes ago, PurdyDot said:

On the game in the pictures, loot is set to default/100%
in the videos, I think loot was usually set at 150, but i think i changed it a couple of times

see for example the sealedmeat loot.xml reads this - 

```<append xpath="/lootcontainers/lootgroup[@name='groupCupboard01']">    
        <item name="Clingwrap" count="1,3" loot_prob_template="veryLow" />
</append>
<append xpath="/lootcontainers/lootgroup[@name='groupJunk']">    
</append>
<append xpath="/lootcontainers/lootgroup[@name='groupGarbage']">    
</append>
<append xpath="/lootcontainers/lootgroup[@name='groupBackpacks01']">    
</append>```

so you will find them in cupboards, junk, garbage and backpacks. 

so if you are looting them and getting them everytime that has to be something else as the settings are veryLow. 
will keep prodding it tho and see 

16 minutes ago, stallionsden said:

see for example the sealedmeat loot.xml reads this - 

```<append xpath="/lootcontainers/lootgroup[@name='groupCupboard01']">    
</append>
<append xpath="/lootcontainers/lootgroup[@name='groupJunk']">    
</append>
<append xpath="/lootcontainers/lootgroup[@name='groupGarbage']">    
</append>
<append xpath="/lootcontainers/lootgroup[@name='groupBackpacks01']">    
</append>```

so you will find them in cupboards, junk, garbage and backpacks. 

so if you are looting them and getting them everytime that has to be something else as the settings are veryLow. 
will keep prodding it tho and see 

yeah, my buddy looked into on of the config files thinking he could turn the spawn rate down, but said it was already set very low.
I didn't touch or alter any of the mod files. The only changes i made, were through the regular game menu when I started. and on the last game i put the loot back to 100% before i generated the world. So I can't think of anything I would have done that would have changed spawn frequency or anything.
for reference, we are on a20.6. I created the install using mod launcher, but then added the mod files manually, since they weren't available directly through the mod launcher.

21 minutes ago, PurdyDot said:

yeah, my buddy looked into on of the config files thinking he could turn the spawn rate down, but said it was already set very low.
I didn't touch or alter any of the mod files. The only changes i made, were through the regular game menu when I started. and on the last game i put the loot back to 100% before i generated the world. So I can't think of anything I would have done that would have changed spawn frequency or anything.
for reference, we are on a20.6. I created the install using mod launcher, but then added the mod files manually, since they weren't available directly through the mod launcher.

I have a few edits i can do that i can see will have an upload sometime today for you to try