[Suggestion/Bug?] A19 GS dependent Trader

DerValiser

Dear Fun Pimps,

the new gs dependent loot is a good idea. Although I would recommend a much higher gs.

But it's still possible to buy an AK or any other weapon from the trader with GS 12, instead of 51.
I think it would be consequent to change make trader inenvtory gs dependent as well.

Just my 2 cents. Maybe you will reconsider this bevor stable.

Val

It is a known issue. Traders haven't been rebalanced yet. They'll get to it eventually. In the mean time, Roland suggested scrapping any higher-tier stuff you get from the trader, so you can experience the weapon/tool progression in the way it is supposed to be for A19. Requires willpower that I personally may not have.

This is a known issue and has been announced by Madmole to be something they will be working on. There were some preliminary changes made to quest rewards right before the the streamer weekend but they have a plan to make sure trader stock and all quest rewards match the slower progression better.

28 minutes ago, Roland said:

This is a known issue and has been announced by Madmole to be something they will be working on. There were some preliminary changes made to quest rewards right before the the streamer weekend but they have a plan to make sure trader stock and all quest rewards match the slower progression better.

Still got 120 shotgun shells and 200 9mm as a quest reward. Is there a , slip somewhere? Because I think those are supposed to be decimals not centesimals.
Especcially if the other reward is "one pad armor mod, worth 48 dukes"

23 minutes ago, Viktoriusiii said:

Still got 120 shotgun shells and 200 9mm as a quest reward. Is there a , slip somewhere? Because I think those are supposed to be decimals not centesimals.
Especcially if the other reward is "one pad armor mod, worth 48 dukes"

The preliminary changes were simply to reduce firearms. When they did that, however, they were concerned that doing quests wouldn't be "worth it" if all  you got from the treasure room was a yellow stone axe and an orange primitive bow so they upped the ammo but it turned out to be by too much. As Mega said, faatal and Gazz made adjustments and it will be rebalanced in the next update. One thing they did was add blunderbus ammo and iron arrows to the loot tables which will replace some of the better ammo that was dropping.

Hopefully in the future instead of getting 120 shotgun shells you'll get 12 iron arrows, 6 shotgun shells, and 12 blunderbus packets....something like that.

Personally for a tier 1 quest reward I would be ecstatic for a 12 pack of duct tape.

36 minutes ago, Roland said:

One thing they did was add blunderbus ammo and iron arrows to the loot tables which will replace some of the better ammo that was dropping.

Adding the blunderbuss to the loottable was the best idea ever! Said it in another thread as well: First time in forever (I think A10 was the last) that I used the blunderbuss for a considerable amount of time. It is still not as devestating to me as I might want it... but I haven't perked into shotguns yet (but since blunderbus is an early game weapon it will probably never really profit from those perks), it is unmodded and I play on insane. So maybe it is just the combination that makes it a bit weaker... but still 10x better than in any of the previous alpha since A10 (when it was nerfed to death and never touched again)

Archived