A19 - no traders?

Supgee

I started a19 game few weeks ago on a Nitrogen pregen map of 10x10 km for multiplayer server. It was fine as far as traders go. Now we started a new map for a more challenge (4x4 km full desert map, nitrogen, 2 traders on map) but no matter what we do there is this "no trader" bug now. We tried 5 different maps of the same parameters, I even tried with maps where we had 6 traders on that 4x4 km. Nothing. I went in god mode and the traders are there, they do talk to you when you go up to them, but if you make the starting quest as far as trader quest you get the "NO TRADER". 

I'd say this is kinda critical bug. 

Any ETA on fixing it?

Deleting mods does not fix it. It appears to be every map after the first one you use is affected. It's not limited to W10 (some have suggested that W7 is fine, but that is not a solution is it now, considering its no longer a supported operating system) as the server is running W8 and its still a thing. 

On 9/6/2020 at 7:09 AM, Stingerwolf said:

I started a Zuhehi territory map - is that an issue?

Yes, if it was from a previous build. You should delete your old worlds before playing b180.

2 hours ago, Tehnomaag said:

I'd say this is kinda critical bug. 

Any ETA on fixing it?

It was fixed a while ago, you're missing something in your setup. Post a log.

34 minutes ago, Beelzybub said:

Yes, if it was from a previous build. You should delete your old worlds before playing b180.

Thanks.  When you say "delete your old worlds", do you mean the save games or something else?

54 minutes ago, Beelzybub said:

For a start, thank you for taking the time to try to help me.

I am very interested in fixing it for my setup. This is a server log for our first try of map which did not yield trader pointer. Since that I have removed the JaxTellers trader rebalance modlet in case it conflicts and started half a dozen different Nitrogen generated maps, including few with 6 traders. Then I went into debug mode and flew to few of these traders - they are indeed there and talk to you just fine when you actually go there. 

What is particularly confusing for me is that the first a19 map we used (also from the same version of Nitrogen, only using vanilla buildings) was working fine. Surely its not the map size that can break it (previous map was 10x10 km). The increased wandering hord size and increased biome zombie modlets were also present in previous map that was fine.

Edit: this is probably the section of the log that shows the appearance of the problem for me:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
  at NetPackageQuestGotoPoint.ProcessPackage (World _world, INetConnectionCallbacks _netConnectionCallback) [0x00157] in <bb2961016a004bd4bf77288a67df32f1>:0 
  at ConnectionManager.ProcessPackages (INetConnection _connection, NetPackageDirection _disallowedDirection) [0x000b2] in <bb2961016a004bd4bf77288a67df32f1>:0 
  at ConnectionManager.Update () [0x00053] in <bb2961016a004bd4bf77288a67df32f1>:0 

(Filename: <bb2961016a004bd4bf77288a67df32f1> Line: 0)

output_log_dedi__2020-09-07__19-52-16.txt

Edited by Tehnomaag
added a small section from log that is probably the reason for my troubles (see edit history)

11 minutes ago, Tehnomaag said:

For a start, thank you for taking the time to try to help me.

I am very interested in fixing it for my setup. This is a server log for our first try of map which did not yield trader pointer. Since that I have removed the JaxTellers trader rebalance modlet in case it conflicts and started half a dozen different Nitrogen generated maps, including few with 6 traders. Then I went into debug mode and flew to few of these traders - they are indeed there and talk to you just fine when you actually go there. 

What is particularly confusing for me is that the first a19 map we used (also from the same version of Nitrogen, only using vanilla buildings) was working fine. Surely its not the map size that can break it (previous map was 10x10 km). The increased wandering hord size and increased biome zombie modlets were also present in previous map that was fine.

output_log_dedi__2020-09-07__19-52-16.txt 83.34 kB · 0 downloads

From your log...

Loaded world file from different version: 'Alpha 19 (b151)'

Anything before b174 is incompatible with b180. That's the only real issue I see there.  I mean, the CPU is scraping the bottom of the barrel, but should be OK with really good hardware backing it up. It's not going to manage 16 players very well though.

21 minutes ago, SylenThunder said:

From your log...

Loaded world file from different version: 'Alpha 19 (b151)'

Anything before b174 is incompatible with b180. That's the only real issue I see there.  I mean, the CPU is scraping the bottom of the barrel, but should be OK with really good hardware backing it up. It's not going to manage 16 players very well though.

The the same version of Nitrogen (v0.501 which is the latest current build) was fine for the previous map (the first a19 map) we were using. So it is not the map versioning issue, otherwise the same problem would have been present for the first map we were playing for a19. 

Hardware wise - it has been OK so far for us. We dont have 16 anyway. More like 4 to 6 players. Its a dedicated physical machine with 32 GB of RAM and an SSD only for the 7d2d files with 1 Gbps net connection. CPU is indeed a bit over decade old but even 16x16 km map is light enough on it that it does not even have to clock up to the max it can other than during blood moons. 

Anyway - I went and shut down the current machine, did a new Nitrogen map with the same parameters in 8x8 km size (in case its the size issue) and tried it. Still getting "NO TRADER" after placing the campfire. There is actually 4 traders on the map, looking at the generated map preview. 

As far as I can see, this is the problem spot in the server log:

at NetPackageQuestGotoPoint.ProcessPackage (World _world, INetConnectionCallbacks _netConnectionCallback) [0x00157] in <bb2961016a004bd4bf77288a67df32f1>:0 
  at ConnectionManager.ProcessPackages (INetConnection _connection, NetPackageDirection _disallowedDirection) [0x000b2] in <bb2961016a004bd4bf77288a67df32f1>:0 
  at ConnectionManager.Update () [0x00053] in <bb2961016a004bd4bf77288a67df32f1>:0 

(Filename: <> Line: 0)

I do not see a file named "bb2961016a004bd4bf77288a67df32f1" in the server. So my hypothesis is that first time I was playing a19 the file was not there and was generated. Now its sitting somewhere where windows search cant find it and is messing things up. Probably. Each next map I use is trying to look something up in that file, it seems, which is not there because it was for a previous map, obviously. Now I'm not a game dev and that is just my current hypothesis. Maybe someone who knows better than me can enlighten me what do to about that, though. 

output_log_dedi__2020-09-08__11-16-44.txt

2 hours ago, Tehnomaag said:

The the same version of Nitrogen (v0.501 which is the latest current build) was fine for the previous map (the first a19 map) we were using. So it is not the map versioning issue, otherwise the same problem would have been present for the first map we were playing for a19. 

Hardware wise - it has been OK so far for us. We dont have 16 anyway. More like 4 to 6 players. Its a dedicated physical machine with 32 GB of RAM and an SSD only for the 7d2d files with 1 Gbps net connection. CPU is indeed a bit over decade old but even 16x16 km map is light enough on it that it does not even have to clock up to the max it can other than during blood moons. 

Anyway - I went and shut down the current machine, did a new Nitrogen map with the same parameters in 8x8 km size (in case its the size issue) and tried it. Still getting "NO TRADER" after placing the campfire. There is actually 4 traders on the map, looking at the generated map preview. 

As far as I can see, this is the problem spot in the server log:

(Filename: <> Line: 0)

I do not see a file named "bb2961016a004bd4bf77288a67df32f1" in the server. So my hypothesis is that first time I was playing a19 the file was not there and was generated. Now its sitting somewhere where windows search cant find it and is messing things up. Probably. Each next map I use is trying to look something up in that file, it seems, which is not there because it was for a previous map, obviously. Now I'm not a game dev and that is just my current hypothesis. Maybe someone who knows better than me can enlighten me what do to about that, though. 

output_log_dedi__2020-09-08__11-16-44.txt 46.82 kB · 0 downloads

After googling around for half a day and trying everything I could think of it appears that one of the problems causing that might be trader interaction with biomes. I was using Nitrogen "full desert" biome. As soon as I generated "normal" biome Nitrogen map (leaving all other parameters as they were) I can get, it appears, the trader quest. 

20200908140125_1.jpg

I bet it's because of the a19 change where the starting quest always sends you to a forest trader. Since you have no forest trader in an all-desert map, you get the no trader message.

A streamer i watch, grand spartan, is doing an all wasteland map game. He also got the no trader message, although he found one very close to where he spawned in.

2 minutes ago, katarynna said:

I bet it's because of the a19 change where the starting quest always sends you to a forest trader. Since you have no forest trader in an all-desert map, you get the no trader message.

A streamer i watch, grand spartan, is doing an all wasteland map game. He also got the no trader message, although he found one very close to where he spawned in.

Ahhhh - I did not know that. THAT would explain it perfectly. No forest trader - no quest target. I just always kinda assumed it sends you to the closest trader.

On 9/8/2020 at 12:40 AM, Stingerwolf said:

Thanks.  When you say "delete your old worlds", do you mean the save games or something else?

I mean the generated worlds. They are distinct from saved games. You can have many saved games

created from a single generated world, or Navezgane. Generated worlds are in the generated worlds

folder, usually found in the appdata/roaming/7daystodie folder. You need to delete generated worlds

from previous builds.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

"No trader" occurs because the game has a biome filter for trader search quest.
And this filter is installed on the forest biome.
If there is no trader on your map in the forest biome, you will see "No trader".
This is fixed quite simply by commenting on two lines of the xml file.
Follow the path: "steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Data\Config"
Opening the file quests.xml (preferably Notepad++)
Looking for 243 and 244 lines (relevant at the time of Alpha 19.5(b60))
Select everything in the line,right-click and select Block comment.
We do the same with line 244.
Save file.

Spoiler

Alternatively, add <!-- at the beginning and --> at the end of each of these two lines if you use a different text editor

It should turn out as in the screenshot.
Now the filter is disabled and the game will show you the location of the trader, regardless of the biome in which it is located.

spacer.png

Edited by mstdv inc (see edit history)