Maybe a Silly question?

diegodgo87

I watch Stream 5 (recap from vedui) and there lathan, Madmole and his brother run a quest and everyone in the party was able to do the quest, reading the patch notes couldn't find anything related to this.

So the questions are: do we be able to share quests? Is this gonna be implemented in A19? Someone knows how this will work?

Me and my friends start playing A18.4 last month and we are waiting this change. Now with the Stone Age, iron Age, etc we be going together at first days. 

You wasted a month 😉, this was already in since before A18. When you go to your quest log you have a button above the quest list to share the quest.

Your brother then has to go into his quest log and sees the quest in a list below his own quest list. He has to add the quest by clicking the hook icon to get it into his own quest list. Now the quest is shared.

A quick addendum about the "Kill X" quests - you each must kill X (cheerleaders/dogs/football players/etc) to complete the quest. On more than one occasion my co-op partner has gone all Leeroy Jenkins on the spawned mob and got 6 kills to my 2 kills. Then we have to search the map for a random cheerleader or whatever so I can kill it.

Also, junk turret kills do not count. You gotta do at least some damage with your own weapon (though I think you can shoot them after they're dead and get credit).

On 6/26/2020 at 12:39 PM, Boidster said:

A quick addendum about the "Kill X" quests - you each must kill X (cheerleaders/dogs/football players/etc) to complete the quest. On more than one occasion my co-op partner has gone all Leeroy Jenkins on the spawned mob and got 6 kills to my 2 kills. Then we have to search the map for a random cheerleader or whatever so I can kill it.

Also, junk turret kills do not count. You gotta do at least some damage with your own weapon (though I think you can shoot them after they're dead and get credit).

Are those type (on the yellow notes) even shareable? I thought it was only the trader given quests that you could share.

29 minutes ago, JCrook1028 said:

Interesting, never even would have tried sharing those.

Watch out for the Dog Days one. The last two that we did it only spawned in 4 dogs. Since we each needed 3 kills to complete, neither of us got it. The "You Think You're Special" and "Gimme a Z!" quests spawned plenty of zombies for both of us to get our kills. And bizarrely some times it appears to allow us to share kills and other times not. I think if you just do damage you get credit even if your partner kills it, but we didn't test it thoroughly. We did the "I'm a Lumberjack" one and we got a bit overwhelmed so I blasted two with a shotgun. Never touched them with the fireaxe. My partner got credit for them, so I think he must have gotten in a hit with his axe before I finished them off. I guess "kill lumberjacks with a fireaxe" means "do at least some damage with an axe but we don't really care how you kill them".

On 6/28/2020 at 8:35 PM, Boidster said:

Watch out for the Dog Days one. The last two that we did it only spawned in 4 dogs. Since we each needed 3 kills to complete, neither of us got it. The "You Think You're Special" and "Gimme a Z!" quests spawned plenty of zombies for both of us to get our kills. And bizarrely some times it appears to allow us to share kills and other times not. I think if you just do damage you get credit even if your partner kills it, but we didn't test it thoroughly. We did the "I'm a Lumberjack" one and we got a bit overwhelmed so I blasted two with a shotgun. Never touched them with the fireaxe. My partner got credit for them, so I think he must have gotten in a hit with his axe before I finished them off. I guess "kill lumberjacks with a fireaxe" means "do at least some damage with an axe but we don't really care how you kill them".

My guess is your partner had the axe in hand at the exact moment when you killed them with the shotty.

Archived