Weather

metrojosie

I haven't seen much rain in the forest biome. the only weather I've noticed is cold spells but it just gets cold. I believe in a 16 or 17 it would get cold and snow and would also rain way more frequently.

I've seen both rain and snow a lot in the polar biome.

I've been reintroducing weather/effects back into our current server. Wasn't sure what the original settings were so I've been bumping the range/particle effects bit by bit. We've got it "uncomfortable", but hasn't caused any effects on the users other than the frost/heat visual effects so far along with a minor particle tweak. 

19 hours ago, ElCabong said:

I haven't seen much rain in the forest biome. the only weather I've noticed is cold spells but it just gets cold. I believe in a 16 or 17 it would get cold and snow and would also rain way more frequently.

Biomes.xml has the 'controls'. We get rain/fog/wind in the forest and snow/wind in snow biome (vanilla XML), but it is somewhat uncommon. If the descriptions in biomes.xml are correct, then a few stars need to align to actually get rain or snow. It's not just an RNG roll for "snow today or not?" - there are a few parameters that intermix to decide final weather and temperature. Or so it seems.

Archived