Need advise for pc please

Darkrift25

Well, in a perfect world this GPU brands war shouldn't even exist, well not in this shape and form anyway. The problem here is that assuming that we take any random game and test two models of GPU of the same performance level, but each GPU is of a different brand, that game should roughly run about the same on both with very small difference - we still have to consider various performance of other components as well, but the GPU itself should not be a bottleneck in that performance range regardless of the brand. If the performance gaps are too big, then something is wrong with the optimization of the game itself.

Well I'm sure there is still something incomplete with the optimization of the game itself. No question. Regardless of where the issue lies, the cold hard fact is that NVIDIA cards seem to do better on average with THIS game and its idiosyncrasies than the AMD cards. AMD would probably steal the show if it was another game on the docket. But the OP stated they are getting computers to primarily play this game and I think for this game NVIDIA probably is the safe bet.

Like I said the overall question of which is better is beyond the scope of the OP's question to us given that they said they would both be playing this game primarily and this game was the reason for the PC purchase.

Going the opposite direction if someone asked me which console they should buy to play the console version of 7 Days to Die and being able to play the console version was the whole reason for purchasing a console I would recommend the PS4 immediately because it seemed to have fewer problems than the Xbox version. This would have nothing to do with whether one console overall was better than another.

Well I'm sure there is still something incomplete with the optimization of the game itself. No question. Regardless of where the issue lies, the cold hard fact is that NVIDIA cards seem to do better on average with THIS game and its idiosyncrasies than the AMD cards. AMD would probably steal the show if it was another game on the docket. But the OP stated they are getting computers to primarily play this game and I think for this game NVIDIA probably is the safe bet.

Like I said the overall question of which is better is beyond the scope of the OP's question to us given that they said they would both be playing this game primarily and this game was the reason for the PC purchase.

Going the opposite direction if someone asked me which console they should buy to play the console version of 7 Days to Die and being able to play the console version was the whole reason for purchasing a console I would recommend the PS4 immediately because it seemed to have fewer problems than the Xbox version. This would have nothing to do with whether one console overall was better than another.

If someone asked me which console to buy to play 7 Days to Die, I would say PC, period. :p

And what are the developers gonna do about the nvidia favor? We need a strong oppossing company so nvidia can´t dictate the prices how ever they want. Competition in the industry is always good for the customer. No matter wich brand you prefer, everyone wins when there is competition.

Hey everyone so i have decided to jump on the pc wagon and finally get it. My wife and i are die hard 7 days to die fans for years on console and we are both going to get pcs to get going. This is really the only game that we will be getting and playing for the most part. I know there are a lot of people on here with pc knowledge to be able to steer us in the right direction. We really have no idea how to build one so we are most likely going to go in to a local store/online and purchase our setups. From what i have found im looking to around just for the tower plug and play im guessing both computers to run on good graphics (we are not really needing ultra settings im guessing?) I estimate roughly 3-5k for both? If you guys could post sites/links to what would be a good idea that would be amazing. Like i said we are not looking to play more than 7 days to die and like games. Thank you so much in advance have a great day!

I have to say it even though I did not read the entire post, but please do not be intimidated about building a PC, it is really easy, even for me and I'm an idiot.

My lat build was (11-2019)

Gigabyte Z930 AOURUS Pro-CF

Intel i7 9700K @3.6Ghz

32GB DDR4 3000

2 512GB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 SSDs

I swapped my graphic card on the older PC so i did not need to buy one

GTX 1080

I have very good performance with 7 days to die A18 on all high settings with solid 60FPS with vsync on. I would highly suggest this setup, although with maybe a better GPU if possible.

The CPU runs cool with a Noctua NH-U12S 120x120x25mm with 2 120mm fans at 2400 RPM, I get about 25c idle and tops out at something like 50c max.

Seriously do not waste your money, at least try and build a PC and if all else fails just send back the parts and then get a pre-built system.

Sorry for not reading the entire post, but I am into building PCs, so it always gets me when I hear about Alienware or similar gaming systems.

And what are the developers gonna do about the nvidia favor? We need a strong oppossing company so nvidia can´t dictate the prices how ever they want. Competition in the industry is always good for the customer. No matter wich brand you prefer, everyone wins when there is competition.

Agreed. There is the unfortunate tendency of a dominat market position to support itself. In the case of 7D2D I remember a post from Fataal where he said that changing graphical parameters to make AMD work better did make the game on NVIDIA work worse and vice versa. And considering nvidia graphics cards are by far the majority you can guess which setting is normally kept.

So even if an issues is actually the fault of nvidia's software it still might be seen as a problem of the AMD software!

For the OP the situation is clear: If they want less issues in the short term, they surely are better served with nvidia. Note they didn't even ask about that but most novice PC users don't like to have issues where they have to play around with settings or ask around.

Long term the issues should not be a concern, they should have been fixed eventually. Anyone who isn't too picky about having some issues with the game should think about if he wants to support a dominant market position that hurts him in the long run.

Archived