Back with some fresh feedback. Also, safest horde base in the world.

LordIsMyShepherd

First off,

Here is the safest horde base in A18. Zombies stuck in an endless cycle, allowing me to get the EXP for every single zombie on every single horde night. This video is actually a week old. I have electricity traps in my current Day 49 horde night save file.

Yeah, sometimes, the spider zombies can jump across.. but it's rare.

Anyway. Once upon a time, some years ago, I came here with some feedback after playing 7d2d for the first time. Then I quit. Well, I came back again, now in Alpha 18, to check out 7d2d's progress.

I won't bore you with my thoughts or ideas (maybe I'll post just one in the ideas section?), but my feedback is that this game has improved by several factors, and I am on day 49 now and still have no plans to quit playing. Lots to do.

Good job FP.

+5000 for simple yet effective. The way I see this is it isn't so much of an exploit as it is a real world application. Zeds would likely have a REALLY hard time walking on such a surface and fall down. If they had some semblance of a short term memory (ie pursue on last sight in seconds) they would likely repeat such a loop. It would take actual forward thinking and planning to realize the best plan would be to knock down the supports.

For that I would leave it to Ferals, as they have a certain super zombie thing going that I liken to having more cognitive abilities than the average Zed. It would be interesting to have ferals employ a more advanced AI than the average Joe.

I think having the zombies run back and try to run across again is worse then just having them start beating on the wall below you where they fell. Having them run back and try again shows a level of intellect that zombies shouldn't have. Zombies shouldn't be looking for the best way to get to you. They should just be basically trying to brute force their way to you.

There's also that ridiculous zigurat design with wedged walls that tricks zombies into trying to walk it but slip while it allows you to walk it . It works for ranged weapons and for a spear if it's 3 height tall so I guess it would fit your style perfectly fine.

Edit: You can add some weapon mods on the turrets like the anti irradiation mod or even the magazine extender. The last mod gives so many bullets on the turrets you forget to reload them.

I think having the zombies run back and try to run across again is worse then just having them start beating on the wall below you where they fell. Having them run back and try again shows a level of intellect that zombies shouldn't have. Zombies shouldn't be looking for the best way to get to you. They should just be basically trying to brute force their way to you.

This implies zombies are capable of the sort of abstract thinking required to think "hmmm that didn't work; let's knock out this column that supports the bridge" instead of "see meat, i'm hungry, run to meat. i fall. still hungry. see meat, run to meat."

My friends and I don't play with blood moons switched on, but we use a very similar set-up for the entrance to our normal base for when wandering hordes and/or screamers come knocking.

Without the constant shooting of the turrets, about one in three zombies would make it across that pair of beams. That's enough that it thins them out if you're waiting at the other end to melee them, and it also channels them into a nice conga line if you're wanting to shoot them using penetrator perks.

It's an effective defensive set-up but by no means overpowered or an exploit, at least in my opinion. It's not like underground or platform bases in A16 and earlier where you were 100% safe.

Archived