Infuriating Crafting

ShadowZeroX

Overall, I'm enjoying A18...with the exception of one thing...THE CRAFTING. I have the schematics, and all the materials to make steel tools, augurs, chainsaws, sledgehammers, most guns, etc. etc... HOWEVER, I literally have STACKS of scrabbable item parts to make an Augur, but the game only recognizes 7 of those parts for an augur. 7D2D.jpg.05fb536ba19adabcafdf5f666334d642.jpg

I spent 30+ minutes with another friend going through all the loot that's been collected over the 120 server days, and did not have a single thing that added to the stack of 7 parts to MAKE an augur. This was annoying. EXTREMELY annoying.

Yep, you're doing the video game equivalent of putting cotton swabs (Qtips) in your ear and then complaining to the manufacturer.

It's not intended that you play a game that was started in a previous build/stick a cotton swab into your ear.

People do it anyways.

Need to learn not to use a product incorrectly AND THEN complain about the results. There's a reason they tell you to start a new game with each build.

If you want a consistent game experience, wait for A18 stable to come out.

This is the correct answer. I'm pretty sure the obselete parts scrap into working ones.

For the rest of you, how about trying to help instead of berating the guy?

And if that doesn't help, a good server owner will surely replace stuff you lost because of external circumstances (ok, proving that is sometimes not easy).

Heh, it _should_ be as simple as scrapping the "scrappable parts" into their updated counterparts, but your screenshot recipe actually ALSO requires "scrappable parts" .. they're NOT supposed to be a part of the recipe, you can't obtain them unless you had old parts that got deleted (and replaced with the "scrappables") in a patch.

Must be on a really old build then...can't even scrap the parts to get the updated ones. Talking with the server admin to get a proper restart. Gonna suck, but oh well

Keep in mind, you'll need to restart again in a week or so when the next build comes out, if the server admin allows their server to upgrade to it.

Experimental isn't meant for long-term playing.

Out of curiosity, did they change any of the requirements for parts? Only being able to get steel tool parts from steel tools is...strange to me

That's been the same since A18.E was released. Scrap the crappy steel tools to make the parts for a good'un, if you've specced into that particular tool/weapon/armour type.

I've bought T1 items from the Trader every now and then just to scrap them for the parts.

Keep in mind, you'll need to restart again in a week or so when the next build comes out, if the server admin allows their server to upgrade to it.

Experimental isn't meant for long-term playing.

No, he most likely doesn't. I'm still playing the newest version in a world created in A18.0. The creative menue can fix almost all problems with unusable or vanished items.

No, he most likely doesn't. I'm still playing the newest version in a world created in A18.0. The creative menue can fix almost all problems with unusable or vanished items.

True, but he may well not have access to the creative menu on the server he's playing on.

Correct. I do not have access to the creative menu.

Then you may want to suggest to the server admin that they lock down the build the server is running. If TFP release a new update every week or so during experimental (about the rate they're currently doing), and change stuff in each build, and your server admin upgrades with each build, then you're going to have weekly issues with stuff/loot/items breaking/disappearing/not working.

Nothing bad about picking a build for a while and sticking to that until A18.0 (stable) comes out and only then doing a map wipe to change to that build.

Did they give a release date/time?

It hasn't yet kicked off in my Steam library, but should do so shortly I would think.

So, one map reset, and you should be ok from here on out (sometimes stuff breaks going from x.0 to x.1, so it's not impossible for that to happen).

It hasn't yet kicked off in my Steam library, but should do so shortly I would think.

So, one map reset, and you should be ok from here on out (sometimes stuff breaks going from x.0 to x.1, so it's not impossible for that to happen).

Still hasn't kicked off on my steam yet. Gotta opt out of experimental build?

Archived