LazMan vs Day 14 Horde

Laz Man

Difficulty: Adventurer (8 Alive, 60 min days)

Intelligence / Perception Build (Level 17)

Small flagstone/wooden bar horde base in the snow biome. Dual junk turret defense and active base defense. Exciting defense that lasted shortly past midnight. Learned alot for preparations for next horde night. :)

Video:

[video=youtube_share;ilH05tRc7qE]

m61NGPT.png

BtQzR6A.png

gPePtyu.png

Overall I like the dual junk turrets. I love that satisfying “thunk” when you reload them. :D

They seem to hold their own pretty well. When you pulled back behind them they definitely took quite a lot of shots. I didn't notice what quality level they are but they held up fine through the night.

I’ve been thinking a bit about my base while tromping through the first few days of a new play through. Going with an INT/STR build (first time I’ve tried stun baton and junk turrets).

It seems that you can collect a bunch of turrets and have them setup in a few fall-back positions to activate when you go near if earlier defenses get overwhelmed. :)

I’m also curious what your takeaway for day 21 is. I couldn’t help but wonder how those turrets would fare at the entrance to the long narrow killing corridor so it can fire on zombies sooner. I’m assuming you did a bit of testing too. And I’m guessing the speed slowdown from the stairs is more beneficial. (I also agree with triggering rag dolls ... it makes me grin and cackle every time.)

I didn’t realize penetrator works with turrets. I thought that only applied to character-fired weapons.

I’m also curious what your takeaway for day 21 is. I couldn’t help but wonder how those turrets would fare at the entrance to the long narrow killing corridor so it can fire on zombies sooner. I’m assuming you did a bit of testing too. And I’m guessing the speed slowdown from the stairs is more beneficial. (I also agree with triggering rag dolls ... it makes me grin and cackle every time.)

I didn’t realize penetrator works with turrets. I thought that only applied to character-fired weapons.

For this perception/int build I was planning on using rifles (penetrator) in conjunction with some traps. Still feeling it out.

My plan for the 14 day horde was to start with with rifle/pistol defense (tons of 9mm) at the 2 zombie funnel points I created to soften the horde up before falling back to my turret defense line. Since I am not pwrked high enough for 2 active turrets yet, I purposefully stood next to the stronger/higher ammo capacity turret.

All in all, it worked out the way I wanted it to aside from the grenade explosion mishap...😅 I only had to reload the turrets once each I think.

Things will be more interesting once radiated zeds and cops start turning up. The current setup will most likely hold up to the day 21 horde with some minor upgrades.

For 28, I may need to make a secondary fall back position with a similar turret setup and firing angle. Not sure yet. Will depends how penetrator perk turns out and weather or not i incorporate electric traps by then.

Overall I like the dual junk turrets. I love that satisfying “thunk” when you reload them. :D

They seem to hold their own pretty well. When you pulled back behind them they definitely took quite a lot of shots. I didn't notice what quality level they are but they held up fine through the night.

I’ve been thinking a bit about my base while tromping through the first few days of a new play through. Going with an INT/STR build (first time I’ve tried stun baton and junk turrets).

It seems that you can collect a bunch of turrets and have them setup in a few fall-back positions to activate when you go near if earlier defenses get overwhelmed. :)

I'm skipping stun batons on this playthrough but excited to try them in a future one. I've been lucky to find 2 turrets so far (q4 and q1). I also found the extended mag schematic which I have them both outfitted with them. With only level 1 turret perk, they both have an ammo capacity of over 100 currently.

Nice vid, and interesting base build. Thanks for clarifying that only 1 junk turret was firing; it kinda looked that way but couldn't really tell.

Curious why no doors to stop zeds if they made it past turrets? Is it still a thing in A18 that if they were there they'd have to be open for zeds to path up the stairs?

Nice vid, and interesting base build. Thanks for clarifying that only 1 junk turret was firing; it kinda looked that way but couldn't really tell.

Curious why no doors to stop zeds if they made it past turrets? Is it still a thing in A18 that if they were there they'd have to be open for zeds to path up the stairs?

Good question, the thought did cross my mind. I will need to test that before the next horde night.

Archived