What are your most desired changes now A18 is almost in stable?

camelCase

oh yeah, almost forgot

- Make crafting vs looting a unique difference, not a pure stat difference (so neither will be ALWAYS a best)

- RWG went from overly complicated crazy LSD generation, to WAY too simple. I love the RWG, but basically 1 of each zone is boring. I know the map, before even seeing it now…

- More zeds in the wild. The world feels too empty.

- Farming got boring.... :( Don't have an answer, suggestion, or a correction…

- Make Tier 5 and Tier 6 MAX 5 mod slot items, and add more item mods to the game. Mods are fantastic, and REALLY fun to play with.

What comes to mind right now.

1) Food is never an issue if you play solo, try playing in group and have fun survivng on vending machines.

3) No. Top quality of loot should NEVER be obtainable without you moving out of the base.

1) We are three players, we aren't even using half the vending machines near us (we use three atm) and it works just fine. The time I need to visit all three is negligible, since it's not noticable more than farming and cooking together. Even if we were ten people, wo could just let someone visit all 10 vending machine we found in our town, which would take like 15 minutes max, so 6 ingame hours.

Also you would've to leave your base for it, which you wouldn't need with farming and cooking. So I'm kinda confused, since you seem to not like people being in their base.

To make it even easier for 3 man groups you could take over a firestation with two vending machines in it. As long as at least one player visits the trader a day, you don't have any extra mile to go.

3) It isn't, since you need parts you can't craft.

You can potentially craft a T5 item that is better than a found T6 item, so everyone should be happy. Crafting is worth it, and looting is worth it.

RNG is a thing. In fact I have a tier 2 Pistol that has a bigger magazine than any Pistol I have since found or crafted (up to T5).

That is almost correct. Mod slots is still the problem. +1 mod slot beats most stats. So it won't matter if your T4 rolled better than your T6. T6 still has more slots for mods, which is not only better, but more importantly, it's more FUN! :D

So the system is still flawed.

Without going into a long list of niggles. What are your top issues with A18 and how would you change them?

Mine would definitely be farming, crafting (vs. looting), and some of the first person animations (some are just plain worse).

I would fix farming by either:

• Nerf vending machines or changing their refresh to the POI loot respawn time

• Making farming less efficient, but removing artificial gates like food poisoning on cooked food (perhaps this could be linked to cooking skill?) and creating farm plots.

I would fix crafting by:

• Allowing tier 6 craftables, but still random stats that makes looting desirable. Just not as OP desirable as it is now

• Directly comparing effort of crafting vs. looting/trading... AP ammo as a great example

• Only allowing repairs to an item's quality if you can craft that quality (back to A16)

Just for info, I love the update and most of it's changes but these really stand out to me as badly implemented or rushed out ones.

No need to nerf wending, let ppl chose what they wanna do.I usually farm, but others maybe want to trade and buy food...

I want Learn by doing to come back but in a different form, instead of having weapons perks locked to stats, have them locked to a action skill specific to that weapon type. As you use the weapon you can raise its related perk to craft better ones, and do more damage. Could also have the head shot/dismember bonus still there on the stat, so specilization still will net you best results. I like pistols in a18, but I just cannot justify taking agility as a stat as other than pistols it offers nothing else of value to me. Compared to str, or fort, that has several perks I consider must haves: Sex t-rex, miner 69'er, motherload from str. healing factor, heavy armor, pain tolerance and living off the land (I just get lv 1 of this) from fort. Int offers lots of crafting stuff anf faster crafting, but its weapons are complete crap, and with schematics, and how much materials it takes to actually craft weapons and armor, its easier to just loot or buy them. Perception really doesn't offer much either, though it does have the most OP perk in the game: Lock picking, its the best 1 point wonder perk in the game. Its so OP That I never take it, I only use lock picks that I loot and thats it, I never buy them or craft them. They make getting into safes and such a complete joke.

Yeah, I'm with Katitof there.

The best loot should never have been craftable I reckon, and it's one of the highlights of A18, that Tier6 can no longer be crafted.

Farming is in a better state than it's ever been I reckon, at least, as I've experienced it so far in my single player game. It's no longer a matter of days before a farm has you overflowing with food.

Repairing is also in a much better state, and I would not at all agree with the idea of only being able to repair what you could craft, because again, I don't think you ever should be able to craft the best.

So, what would I change? Well, so far I've noticed (on a sample size of just one game), that loot is somewhat too easy to come by, ore veins are a bit too easy to find, and pay out ore quite a bit too easily.

I spent 1 game day mining Shale in a nearby desert (which I had no trouble at all finding), and brought back what turned out to just off 70,000 gas cans worth of Shale Oil for my Chemistry Station. As a single player, I expect it will take a verrrrrryyyy long time to use up that supply. That said, I also don't mind if they don't adjust that either, since I'm not much into mining anyway.

The loot is too easy because at the end of pretty much every poi is a reinforced chest full of loot. Which often has several weapons and armor in them and some ammo. Instead of weapons and armor it should give mostly parts, with a rare chance for made goods. Or just drastically lower how much loot you get out of them unless its a locked one. I always follow the intended dungeon path in poi's and even then I still find the loot to easy to get and too much of it. If people nerd pole to the loot I could imagine the insane amount of stuff they could stockpile in a day or so.

Wrench - I'd like to see the wrench have repair action again. I carry a wrench in a rotating hotbar slot with the knife at all times so it made for a handy tool on those occasions when you just have to fix a bit of something on the fly. Anyone got an idea why the repair action was removed from it?

Bedrock Texture - Not a fan of it matching the stone. Now there's no "floor" texture down there, very disorientating.

Drinks - Not a fan of the colors. Murky water and goldenrod tea are almost identical. Honey and beer are also too close in color. Red tea looks like a tomato sauce.

Fix the hitboxes. They work 90% of the time but the 10% they don't work, I'm being overwhelmed with zombies.

There's nothing more frustrating than having an arrow or spear go right through a zombie and getting hit as a result.

Its worse when your using melee and you clearly should have landed that head shot but it instead goes right thru their head and doesn't register.

As for the wrench I am torn, it now has a power attack which is great for wrenching things apart faster. Currently thou without salvage ops its prob faster to just use a pickaxe as its bugged atm and harvests same stuff as a wrench, but from what I heard thats actually a bug they know of.

And this is the problem, you'd be perfectly happy for them to mod something in as long as it doesn't touch YOUR base game. Where's the harm in them balancing for each playstyle?

But they can't "balance" it - at least not to the OP's satisfaction. Either you can or you cannot craft T6 - it's a binary choice. I believe that it is far better for the game that T6 be uncraftable, the OP feels differently. There's no way out of that from a game "balance" point of view, but for the Devs to make it easier for whichever option isn't the default to be easily made so - and the default ought to be that you can't craft T6.

- - - Updated - - -

That can hardly be a fair statement :D

We obviously enjoy different things in this game, and getting out there to kill zeds, is to me a necessity, in order to get the stuff I need, to build up my base, to defend against the hordes on Blood Moon.

For me, this is a survival game. Survival to me is not explore. Survival is bunkering up. So we have very different opinions and ideas. <3

And again, to reiterate, I'm not against that being your playstyle. All I am saying is that the game has to pick something(!) as a default. The best course then for the Devs is to make alternate play styles easily enabled, through either XML edits, or indeed, at some point, an in-game menu GUI option that they simply can click on.

Wrench - Anyone got an idea why the repair action was removed from it?.

From what I've seen of official game posts it is mostly because of the reason you just stated. It was handy and convenient. They want you to have to chose what to bring with you. Inventory management is an inherit part of the game.

Archived