Shotguns

Ornias

I've looted plenty of sawn-offs (edit: I think the game calls them double barrel) shotguns, but no pump action shotguns. Didn't see them in trader loot either. Did find the schematics for one though.

It could be missing from the loot tables, but I think I've only seen one marksman rifle (at a trader) after like 24hrs of play as well, and zero rocket launchers, so maybe they're just really rare "late game" items.

Honestly my feeling si AK's are probably a bit strong in general. Honestly right now all the M60's i've seen, even a T6 one where crud compared to the AK's i've been seeing.

I need to dig through the xml to be sure but right now it seems the m60 does less damage per shot but fires faster than the AK with a bigger mag. overall that's not very good. The SMG kinda gets away with it, both because 9mm ammo is so much cheaper and because the pistol has a much more limited RoF.

M60 is beastly but hungry. Flat out better than AK, especially with the skills to reload quickly and on the move.

By the time you're at rank 3 MG skill on Nomad difficulty the T4 M60 I've got is more or less a full auto sniper rifle. Headshots for day. You'll burn through ammo fast (day 14 BM horde went through almost 500 rounds of 7.62, however I kill enough zombies to level 4 times so I'm okay with that, it's about 2 days of mining resources and 2 days of waiting on craft timers in chemistry and workbenches) but you'll burn through zombies just as fast.

My day 14 BM horde 'base' was a 25 block long, 3 block high cobblestone and concrete hallway with openings at the mid-way point for zombies to come in. I could back up to a parkour jump up to the top of it, sprint along the top ledge while healing/reloading and drop down on the opposite end. In that environment it was just lawnmowering heads with it, almost 1 kill per bullet. I also ran back and forth along the ledge spearing down when I had to wait for healing and then near morning when I'd managed to burn through almost all my ammo.

However I can't do that with an AK - too much reloading time; you'll have more than a clips worth of zombies to deal with. The 60 is amazing because ROF, firepower and clip size means you can clear a whole wave and reload before they'll fully into the chute.

I'm creeping up on night 21 and am not sure it'll do as well vs irradiated and other high power zombies but man, it's still the ultimate weapon in game I've found so far.

For late game, I was thinking of being at the top of a tall ladder and shoot down for head-shots with a max mod/perked sniper rifle using AP ammo.

You could shoot 5 zombies per bullet (with penetrator perk) as they climb up and get up to a 50% bonus when kill streak kicks in.

Now that would be Badass! :)

M60 is beastly but hungry. Flat out better than AK, especially with the skills to reload quickly and on the move.

By the time you're at rank 3 MG skill on Nomad difficulty the T4 M60 I've got is more or less a full auto sniper rifle. Headshots for day. You'll burn through ammo fast (day 14 BM horde went through almost 500 rounds of 7.62, however I kill enough zombies to level 4 times so I'm okay with that, it's about 2 days of mining resources and 2 days of waiting on craft timers in chemistry and workbenches) but you'll burn through zombies just as fast.

My day 14 BM horde 'base' was a 25 block long, 3 block high cobblestone and concrete hallway with openings at the mid-way point for zombies to come in. I could back up to a parkour jump up to the top of it, sprint along the top ledge while healing/reloading and drop down on the opposite end. In that environment it was just lawnmowering heads with it, almost 1 kill per bullet. I also ran back and forth along the ledge spearing down when I had to wait for healing and then near morning when I'd managed to burn through almost all my ammo.

However I can't do that with an AK - too much reloading time; you'll have more than a clips worth of zombies to deal with. The 60 is amazing because ROF, firepower and clip size means you can clear a whole wave and reload before they'll fully into the chute.

I'm creeping up on night 21 and am not sure it'll do as well vs irradiated and other high power zombies but man, it's still the ultimate weapon in game I've found so far.

Yeah i've just been lucky/unlucky to get a T5 AK with maxed damage roll. When a typical M60 is doing a good 20-15% ish less damage per shot it looks a lot worse than it is.

Archived