Barbed Wire

Kalarro

It was probally removed because it made base defense too easy, as you could line a 2 wide corridor with it, and slow down any zombie no matter where they walk in said corridor, As the slow effect works over the entire block its in.

Oh, really it was too powerful in the frakin a17 AI funnel defense style. Oh, how sad. Well, nevermind, I wont be able to put a line of barbed wires around my entire 360؛ perimeter defense, so that the AI exploiting contraptions dont have an easy time. Sure, no problem, still loving all a17 AI changes ofc, excellent for base design, so much fun.

Sorry about the rant, but that frikin AI change I was so happy about in the a17 patchnotes seems to keep making things worse even now

Barbed Wire Fence still exists. I made a bunch last night before our 7 Day Horde showed up (Which didn't show; different story)

The just normal Barbed Wire I have not been able to find, however. It does not seem to come up in a search either.

The fence sure exists, leaped onto a wall of an Army Base POI to be surprised by sudden damage from the barbed fence. If it's craftable, kudos to TFP.

The diff is the barbed wire fence, takes up a spikes slot on the floor or a blade fans spot, where as the barbed wire you could place on the walls could be used with these traps. The zombies also tend to try to destroy the barbed wire fences as well, or just walk around them outright at times.

Barbed wire is fine-ish the wooden version of it is very weak. I think the barbed wire reduces the movement speed to like 80% while the wooden version is 20%. They should be equal and a great way to exchange wood for iron early game. If anything the wooden version should have more hit points ...

the flat barbed wire sheet was an old clunky used block that at certain angles was extremely hard to see and when stood up.. it was even harder to see from side view... it is the hope that later, will use something like the coiled razor type or just a regular coiled barbed wire but not decided yet.. the current barbed wire traps with wood is still in game and craftable. the flat sheets are only still in game for designers until a replacement is decided on.

QA Tester-unholyjoe

the flat barbed wire sheet was an old clunky used block that at certain angles was extremely hard to see and when stood up.. it was even harder to see from side view... it is the hope that later, will use something like the coiled razor type or just a regular coiled barbed wire but not decided yet.. the current barbed wire traps with wood is still in game and craftable. the flat sheets are only still in game for designers until a replacement is decided on.

QA Tester-unholyjoe

It would be nice if the wooden barbed wire wasn't totally garbage.

Btw I just remembered if you want to slow down zombies either put ramps, dig 1 depth trenches or simply add water. Water is free and only requires a flat area . Water is basically free barbed wire if placed properly.

QA Tester-unholyjoe

Well, that sucks.

Archived