More Alpha 17.4 RWG Map seeds

JMCEUTA

Hello, i tryed this one called: It really sucks, and i found enough SKYSCRAPER but placed on small cities and some nuclear central, but i dont like this random world gen, less green areas, but could someone like it. Its a big map with 16384 size.

Here´s a link to my steam profile and can see three screenshots of this 7DTD map

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1729111105

• 1 month later...
Just thought I would throw these out for anyone looking for some good maps

16K ------------- Savage Lands

8K -------------- Bad Neighborhood

4K -------------- 2Bad4u

Enjoy

Care to post any pictures? It would be much appreciated.

Just thought I would throw these out for anyone looking for some good maps

16K ------------- Savage Lands

8K -------------- Bad Neighborhood

4K -------------- 2Bad4u

Enjoy

Thanks very much for these! I've been using the 2Bad4u and Bad Neighborhood and they've both been great, best Alpha 17 seeds I've had.

Anyone have a good 16k seed?

Took a break for a bit.

Ideally, I'd like a few traders that aren't super far from each other, nice mix of cities, different bios, and not filled with too many floating buildings.

• 1 month later...
Does anyone have any good map seeds for 8K with rivers and Canyons?

Or is it easy to make a custom map without having to add all the cities and stuff?

Try out nitrogen. You can customize the maps just the way you want. Makes beautiful maps in my opinion.

Although I will say that so far every air drop and every treasure map leads me to the spot where... yes... the chest is underwater. ( I say.. Challenge! )

Looking forward to a RWG update in A18 amongst all the other great stuff we are hearing about. Fun pimps are good at fun, keep it up.

I started using Nitrogen on our last few maps. LOVE the maps. Great diversity in terrain and you can dial the maps to give you pretty much exactly what you want. It was a little confusing on where to place the generated maps and took me a few tries to get maps larger than 8K. Giant cracks in the earth, worn roads, no floating POI's, lot's of random Biomes, control over where and how many traders, etc., plenty of rivers, huge mountain ranges, and tons of cities with interesting layouts. I wouldn't bother trying to find that magic seed anymore. Heck, I'm hoping it will still function in A18 as you can create just about every combo you could want with the engine. Make sure you pay attention to the memory settings recommendations for building 16K maps as the engine locked up on me several times before I figured out I had to reserve more RAM when trying to generate larger maps.

Looking for a good 4k map seed, anyone? Would love some forests...

The nitrogen map generator spoken above allows you to hand pick your biomes. You want one large forest biome...done. Want to sprinkle in some burnt biome...done. Want desert to the south and snow up north...done.

The nitrogen map generator spoken above allows you to hand pick your biomes. You want one large forest biome...done. Want to sprinkle in some burnt biome...done. Want desert to the south and snow up north...done.

I tried it out and used the more desert option for the landscape and still got a lot of forests and snow. Never could get myself to spawn in the desert either.

I tried it out and used the more desert option for the landscape and still got a lot of forests and snow. Never could get myself to spawn in the desert either.

You may want to browse through the settings a bit more and play with it. If you want is an all Desert biome. You can also choose a static spawn point for all users if desired (among other options of course). By choosing "more deserts", you are still using default randomization but with a bit more deserts in general. I went a step further and did "Smoothest" as an option and went with "Landscape and Flatland" under the "Landscape" option and turned off all rivers, lakes, and small lakes. I changed the map border to desert as well. I ended up with a complete desert that frankly looked quite desolate, short of all the cities sprinkled about.

Under the setting:

Biomes - Choose Desert only.

I can post a photo of what options I went with and the result but I'm positive it's exactly what you described as your desire.

Could someone please look at this seed and tell me what they think?

doh

For some reason I can't see the splat3 file. The file size is 733KB. It's huge. Did they ramp up the prefabs in 17.4? I remember anything over 200k being a good size. This is 3 times that.

EDIT: I just generated the Bad Neighborhood seed 8K and the prefab size is 637Kb. So doh is almost 100kb bigger!

• 2 weeks later...

I agree, I love my Nitrogen 8K map I have enough cities to keep me busy for months and I have a boatload of traders and no burned forest or wasteland. I do wish I could have had wasteland and no burned forest, I kind of like the wasteland but hate the burned forest.

You could say it like cheating if you wanted to be technical, having all the options to pick what you like or dislike but heck If I enjoy the map so who cares.

https://i.imgur.com/j893PBr.jpg I mixed the Boime map with the preview map and circled the traders and the small towns with the gas barrels, yeah gas barrels are an easy find in those little towns. Something like 19 traders I think, most of them have no forges, chem stations or cement mixers for some reason, so I had to make my own, a bit of a trade-off for having so many traders I guess. Also luckily out of the 10 traders I have seen, only one is that smart ass trader. The rest are the desert trader, I think 1 or 2 , the wasteland trader 1 or 2 and most are the forest trader, I have yet to see the snow trader. There are huge cracks in the terrain that drop down 30-40 blocks that are hard to get out of, even with the motorcycle, I have to pick up the motorcycle and jump out most of the time, the minibike is like crawling speed trying to drive out of these.

Contrary to what I read, the map is not inverted and it is accurate, the traders were in the exact position of the preview map.

If anyone wants this map let me know and I will upload it to Onedrive.

• 2 weeks later...

Well OneDrive does not like compressed files, so here is a DropBox link until I can get Onedrive going: https://www.dropbox.com/s/v9nx65kv6stc51d/NitroGenMap.rar?dl=0

On the top right of the screen you will see "Open With" click this and click "Download" you should be able to download without an account.

Well OneDrive is a bit slow to download but it is here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Anw9iKjmlgq4hQXj7PstAMaVUe2E?e=qFnvvA At the top of the screen click download.

Archived