Electric fence issues

FA_Q2

So, I tried a new basic base design that has 4 ways into my base 2 blocks wide covered by electrical fences. Total I have 16 posts hooked up to a generator and 4 switches - one for each entrance. Each pathway is on its own circuit so that the others will not interfere if they break. The problem is that the fences will simply cease to work at all and I have no idea why. Is there a max number of fence posts that work on a single generator or some other such bug I do not know about? Has anyone else had problems with their fence posts just stopping altogether? I also have an issue where the electrified wire will randomly decide to attach itself to the bottom of the post rather than the proper spot but picking up and replacing the post (and rewiring it) fixes this. Nothing but a reload seems to fix it when the entire system just stops working.

The lack of effective base designs and lack of useful traps is really killing the game for me. Losing fence posts almost makes any design pointless now. I may as well just build a sea of spikes.

Is there a time frame for this happening?

I tried to confirm this in a quick creative game, but could not.

I set up the electric fences with 16 posts and 4 switches, 4 posts per switch,

and ran it all off of a generator with 6 engines.

I left the area for a few hours and came back and the fences were still working.

See here:

Images go a long ways to explaining what's going on with your circuits.

I have 14 electric fences going around my pyramid base + 3 blade traps... goes from battery bank, to switch, then relay, then the fences and blade traps. Though I cheat the solar into my game cuz it's somewhat quieter and I can keep it on all the time keeping the batteries fully charged.

Things to note are: The power is directional (so connecting them from the wrong direction will make them not work) and a single circuit cannot have 2 motion sensors (which I really hate).

Also, don't mistake the timer relays for the regular ones. And, as far as I know, there's no for sure visual way of knowing they're working other then walking into them (which is also annoying).

No one has seen this or knows what is going on?

i know this isnt in the bug report section of forum so i am not treating it as a report... but as it has been noted by Fox and Beelzybub, maybe provide some more info as to what you have exactly (the more info the better) and it will give others some insight and try to help you out.

meanwhile i did just make a video on this to show i can have far more then 16 fence posts and everything runs.

maybe the video can help you with some questions.

i know this isnt in the bug report section AND it is posted in the console section of forum so i am not treating it as a report... but as it has been note by Fox and Beelzybub, maybe provide some more info as to what you have exactly (the more info the better) and it will give others some insight and try to help you out.

meanwhile i did just make a video on this to show i can have far more then 16 fence posts and everything runs.

maybe the video can help you with some questions.

Well, I did not realize that I ended up in the console boards but it is not a bug report (and lacking pics) because I did not know if it was something that was well known.

Ill get some more info when I play next. This kind of took away the oomph to play atm.

- - - Updated - - -

Images go a long ways to explaining what's going on with your circuits.

I have 14 electric fences going around my pyramid base + 3 blade traps... goes from battery bank, to switch, then relay, then the fences and blade traps. Though I cheat the solar into my game cuz it's somewhat quieter and I can keep it on all the time keeping the batteries fully charged.

Things to note are: The power is directional (so connecting them from the wrong direction will make them not work) and a single circuit cannot have 2 motion sensors (which I really hate).

Also, don't mistake the timer relays for the regular ones. And, as far as I know, there's no for sure visual way of knowing they're working other then walking into them (which is also annoying).

There is nothing wrong with the circuit. i know this because the traps work initially ergo the circuit works. For some reason they are simply ceasing to work. And the error is persistent - happens multiple times a day.

not meant as arguement... if i come to you and say i have an ache and thats all i say... well you are either going to ask questions or look at me waiting for some more info... isnt it fair? :)

reason for asking for any and all info is how we narrow something down and come up with a solution and if it is a bug... i can report it. :) i hope i explained it right.

• 3 months later...

Archived