Rain Collection Suggestion

Lycangel

As the title suggests, I think it would be nice if we could have some sort of "Rain Collection" System.

I bring this up because I think it would be nice if we could set up in more places and not be quite so dependent on a river or pond. There would still be limits to this. The wastes and burning forest would have little, if any rain. And you just wouldn't see rain in the dessert. You already have snow in the winter biomes.

My suggestion for the item itself is unlock it with "Yeah, Science!" lvl 1, or have it freely available from the start.

Cost would be

10x Wood

5x Scrap Polymer

5x Plant Fiber

4x Nails

Here's a suggestion for how it could look!

1504692588_RainCatcher.jpg.ed097cc0d48156ec7e424ea15f0773a4.jpg

Always wanted a more "involving" water "progression". Current way of getting water is no more interesting than having to click something every x minutes.

Snow/ponds/rivers could contain polluted water instead so that water doesn't become completely non-issue right at the start of the game. Early game ways to get water could be the rain collector you suggested, to gather murky water that you can boil, along with purified water you would scavenge or static purifiers in POIs. Later in the game the player would build a e.g. nitrate purifier (int perk or recipe), that will automatically clean polluted water.

And if acid rain becomes a thing, it will be a way to gather acid as well :p

Always wanted a more "involving" water "progression". Current way of getting water is no more interesting than having to click something every x minutes.

Snow/ponds/rivers could contain polluted water instead so that water doesn't become completely non-issue right at the start of the game. Early game ways to get water could be the rain collector you suggested, to gather murky water that you can boil, along with purified water you would scavenge or static purifiers in POIs. Later in the game the player would build a e.g. nitrate purifier (int perk or recipe), that will automatically clean polluted water.

And if acid rain becomes a thing, it will be a way to gather acid as well :p

I like the idea of acid rain honestly. Right now, a very easy way to get around night 7 is to just hop on any kind of bike and just ride around for a while. Acid rain would sort of force you more indoors. They Could do a cool sort of "Weather Update" Add lightning strikes too maybe. Include Rain collectors as part of the update.

I like the idea of acid rain honestly. Right now, a very easy way to get around night 7 is to just hop on any kind of bike and just ride around for a while. Acid rain would sort of force you more indoors.

I know of players who don't use a base for horde night but fight the zombies directly on the street. That kind of defense wouldn't be possible if you forced players to fight the horde in a base.

Besides, I don't like forcing players to do anything. Everyone should have the freedom to play as they see fit. And if that means that someone wants to spend the night 7 on the bicycle then that is his decision.

I just shovel off the top of a snow hill and I'm good.

:)

Honestly, when you're about 10 days in, there is no need for either. Just looting will get you plenty of water and jars. Make 1 trip to a water source when you have a couple hundred jars. Good to go for awhile lol.

I know of players who don't use a base for horde night but fight the zombies directly on the street. That kind of defense wouldn't be possible if you forced players to fight the horde in a base.

This "mah playstyle" thing is getting ridiculous. Being able to run and kite the BM on the street with your infinite stamina and super speed is not some kind of unique playstyle/defense. It just makes a large part of the game obsolete.

Sure, if players want to do it, there are options for them to do so. And since TFP wants to let them, joke's on them. It's mostly the same players who will abandon the game quickly "because it became boring".

Anyway, I am sure that Lycangel meant to propose that as an option as well, nothing more. God forbid playstyle freedom disruption!

This "mah playstyle" thing is getting ridiculous. Being able to run and kite the BM on the street with your infinite stamina and super speed is not some kind of unique playstyle/defense. It just makes a large part of the game obsolete.

It doesn't have to be a unique playing style either. People just enjoy it. They prefer to run around on the street and hit the zombies with their clubs rather than sit in a base and shoot the zombies with firearms. So just let them have their fun.

My fun is to build large bases whose construction can take several in-game weeks. The game allows both and I like that very much.

• 3 weeks later...

My way to fix this issue is I made a new block called working sink and made it craftable. Made it a different colour and Added it in to the game all from xml files. So I left click on the sink with jars in hand which fills them all up with murky or clean (which ever you prefer) water and I can right click the sink with any drink in hand to empty it in to the sink. Yes it’s an infinite water supply but I am looking for some way to limit how much water I can get from it and a way to have to do something to it to be able to get more water. I’m thinking of having a tool slot for a bucket of water so I have to have a bucket of water in there to be able to get say 100 bottles of water before it runs out and I have to refil the bucket. Any ideas would be greatful

- - - Updated - - -

Another thought would be to have a rain catcher gathering me water which I can then use for the sink

My way to fix this issue is I made a new block called working sink and made it craftable. Made it a different colour and Added it in to the game all from xml files. So I left click on the sink with jars in hand which fills them all up with murky or clean (which ever you prefer) water and I can right click the sink with any drink in hand to empty it in to the sink. Yes it’s an infinite water supply but I am looking for some way to limit how much water I can get from it and a way to have to do something to it to be able to get more water. I’m thinking of having a tool slot for a bucket of water so I have to have a bucket of water in there to be able to get say 100 bottles of water before it runs out and I have to refil the bucket. Any ideas would be greatful

- - - Updated - - -

Another thought would be to have a rain catcher gathering me water which I can then use for the sink

sort of like rain collectors in Dark & Light?

I've been considering the bucket idea too.

Archived