buff/debuff requires 1 argument

TheSponyX

I cant debuff/buff my character in the console because it requires 1 argument. Why? I typed in because reasons and then bull♥♥♥♥ but I got the same message.

>Working around the language filter isn't permitted on the forums which are trying to cater to a potentially wide audience. -- OzHawkeye<

Have you checked if "brokenleg" is the exact name of the buff you want to remove?

Soon after A17 experimental dropped, I tried to use the console to fix my leg, but it seems the command was changed. If so, it would be nice to have some documentation that lists the changes in commands for people that don't want to go hunting through the XML for the new commands when the commands they were previously using don't work anymore. If I remember correctly, the syntax was "debuff brokenLeg", with a capital L. That wasn't working for me anymore, so if it was changed, it would help to know what it was changed to.

I did a search on Google for previous mentions of this, and this is what I found at the top of the results. SylenThunder replied with the very same command the OP was using...he didn't even capitalize the L in Leg, lol.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?73801-Console-command-to-remove-debuff

Gazz is correct folks.... look inside of buffs.xml for "broken" and you can see them.

also @General Lee... note the date of that thread you just posted link of... 2017 and a lot has changed since then, sorry. best place to get new info is within the xmls themselves. :)

The command for debuffing a "brokenLeg" worked for A16, so it was still working for most of 2018 as well. That's why I said we could use a list of changes in commands and such. Not everyone knows that they can look at XML files and find the info they need, not everyone would know what to look for, and not everyone would know how or be comfortable making edits to the XML file. Some people are casual players that only look up console commands when they feel absolutely necessary (for example, they keep breaking their leg, and get frustrated after re-breaking it a dozen times or due to something out of their control), and turn to Google to search for the command to fix the problem, all they are getting is the old command when there's no mention in patch notes regarding the change and there's no discussion that mentions the new command. If the command was used for years without changing, in this case "debuff brokenLeg", and suddenly it changes, they may not ever figure it out. As it is, there still hasn't been any mention of the new command. Looking at the XML, even when people unfamiliar see it, they may not know what they are looking at if they are unfamiliar with XML files.

If you can figure out how to open the console and type commands then it is not a stretch that you should be able to find and read the xml files. This isn’t complicated. It’s the name of the buff which is literally next to the node for each buff.

<buff name=”buffLegBroken”

If you can figure out how to open the console and type commands then it is not a stretch that you should be able to find and read the xml files. This isn’t complicated. It’s the name of the buff which is literally next to the node for each buff.

<buff name=”buffLegBroken”

I wasn't asking for myself. I was trying to make a point that the average player probably doesn't know how to locate stuff inside and edit the XML files, or may not be comfortable doing so. The command has been the same for years up until now, and many people might not know how to read an XML file. Not everyone who plays games are computer savvy. Shoot, even SylenThunder was wrong in the example I linked to above, due to not capitalizing a letter in the command, lol.

That very specific "command" is not something that TFP documented.

If you have a complaint, please direct it to the source that gave you the outdated information. ;)

The source with the outdated info. Hmm... Help command is that source. Also typing a wrong buff/debuff results in an error message telling me the command doesnt exist. When I type it right, it requires that stupid reason. Its a console. I give the command. It executes the command. No need to tell it a reason why I want to debuff the broken leg.

The source with the outdated info. Hmm... Help command is that source. Also typing a wrong buff/debuff results in an error message telling me the command doesnt exist. When I type it right, it requires that stupid reason. Its a console. I give the command. It executes the command. No need to tell it a reason why I want to debuff the broken leg.

You really think the game ask for a

"debuff buffLegBroken Because i am now so slow and i perceive it as unfair"

Argument means not that you should argue with the command console

Really !

You really think the game ask for a

"debuff buffLegBroken Because i am now so slow and i perceive it as unfair"

Argument means not that you should argue with the command console

Really !

I'm not using it becase its unfair. I use splints to heal it up. But in saves where I give myself lv 300 and fully modded weapons I want to go yolo without broken legs. (I have the parkour skill but when you die the death buff nerfs it)

Archived