(A21) bdubyah's modlets

bdubyah

22 minutes ago, Zverda said:

I take it no luck knowing which mod it is?

edit: Nvm, I found which mod it was, was my firearms mod... though I'm not sure if that contributes to the looting issue or not. Or the buildings disappearing.

Hard to say till you get the errors fixed. The yellow warnings aren't as big of a deal. But I'd sort the errors and then gen a new world and see how it goes. Then go from there if the POI issues or others are still happening. 

29 minutes ago, bdubyah said:

Hard to say till you get the errors fixed. The yellow warnings aren't as big of a deal. But I'd sort the errors and then gen a new world and see how it goes. Then go from there if the POI issues or others are still happening. 

Fair enough there - I removed a couple mods that I knew were causing the yellow warnings for the sake of cleaning it up a little bit. Here is the new log, looks like its down to an loot.xml file being an issue and group556Small being repeated multiple times.

https://pastebin.com/mRaTa0HQ

1 hour ago, Zverda said:

Fair enough there - I removed a couple mods that I knew were causing the yellow warnings for the sake of cleaning it up a little bit. Here is the new log, looks like its down to an loot.xml file being an issue and group556Small being repeated multiple times.

https://pastebin.com/mRaTa0HQ

Not at my pc to read the log but likely Wasteland and Harry's mod conflicting. You'll need to do the same as with the sound. Remove that loot group from either my mod or his. His mod will likely have more conflicts though. 

4 minutes ago, bdubyah said:

Not at my pc to read the log but likely Wasteland and Harry's mod conflicting. You'll need to do the same as with the sound. Remove that loot group from either my mod or his. His mod will likely have more conflicts though. 

So, to be safe, I actually completely removed Harry's mod as I wanted to make sure that it was removed from the equation. I also temporarily removed one of my workshop mods (though that one was just yellow errors with loading some workshops, not actual conflicting stuff). I appreciate you taking the time to help - I was able to run all mods without wastelands, but I really love your mod and wish to use it, so thank you so much for taking the time to help me figure out what may be conflicting.

2 hours ago, Zverda said:

So, to be safe, I actually completely removed Harry's mod as I wanted to make sure that it was removed from the equation. I also temporarily removed one of my workshop mods (though that one was just yellow errors with loading some workshops, not actual conflicting stuff). I appreciate you taking the time to help - I was able to run all mods without wastelands, but I really love your mod and wish to use it, so thank you so much for taking the time to help me figure out what may be conflicting.

No worries. It sounds like Harry's mod and Wasteland just don't play well together. You could make them work, you would just have to remove the duplicate things. Like the group556Small loot group. His mod and mine both apparently have one. You could likely remove it from Wasteland and then my stuff would just use his loot groups. But as I said, there's probably more than that one duplicate, that's just the first one it found so it threw the error. If you fix it, there will likely be another one pop up.

4 hours ago, bdubyah said:

No worries. It sounds like Harry's mod and Wasteland just don't play well together. You could make them work, you would just have to remove the duplicate things. Like the group556Small loot group. His mod and mine both apparently have one. You could likely remove it from Wasteland and then my stuff would just use his loot groups. But as I said, there's probably more than that one duplicate, that's just the first one it found so it threw the error. If you fix it, there will likely be another one pop up.

So, great news - It was the firearms mod that was the issue and I removed the 5.56 groups from it since your mod has them already. Harry's mod was fine since it only threw yellow errors but for now I'm keeping it out. I no longer throw any red errors with the issue in the Firearms loot xml. My only issue now is suddenly I cannot click on anything in regards to setting up my skills. First it starts off center, so I tab out, retab back into it and though I click on the perception (and every other option) it just stays on strength. It looks like I have all the conflicts out of the way, now the only issue is that.

https://pastebin.com/AePxJ3Hk

9 hours ago, Zverda said:

So, great news - It was the firearms mod that was the issue and I removed the 5.56 groups from it since your mod has them already. Harry's mod was fine since it only threw yellow errors but for now I'm keeping it out. I no longer throw any red errors with the issue in the Firearms loot xml. My only issue now is suddenly I cannot click on anything in regards to setting up my skills. First it starts off center, so I tab out, retab back into it and though I click on the perception (and every other option) it just stays on strength. It looks like I have all the conflicts out of the way, now the only issue is that.

https://pastebin.com/AePxJ3Hk

Ah, I didn't really think about it, but I'd bet Perk Mastery is the issue there. I would assume it adds an extra tree to the skills menu. Problem is, I add one in Wasteland and that is the limit of the UI without further changes. So that mod isn't going to work with Wasteland unfortunately.

3 hours ago, bdubyah said:

Ah, I didn't really think about it, but I'd bet Perk Mastery is the issue there. I would assume it adds an extra tree to the skills menu. Problem is, I add one in Wasteland and that is the limit of the UI without further changes. So that mod isn't going to work with Wasteland unfortunately.

... I cannot believe I didn't think about that. Holy crap XD Thank you so much for pointing out the big thing that I missed! 10/10 you are the best XD

I'm having an issue loading the vehicle mods. Every time I try to make a new world I get an error that say it "failed to load traders.xml". I have no idea what it happening, and I'm getting a little frustrated cause I really wanted to play with the better vehicles :(

3 hours ago, Wubberson 44 said:

I'm having an issue loading the vehicle mods. Every time I try to make a new world I get an error that say it "failed to load traders.xml". I have no idea what it happening, and I'm getting a little frustrated cause I really wanted to play with the better vehicles :(

Need a log to help. Copy it to pastebin, link it here.

Please i really need some help, am i just missing something, early in my game i purchased a bicycle from a trader and at around 70% durability it just dropped to 0 and cant be repaired, im now on day 32 and just found a semi-truck that was 100% dropped to 80 thru normal use and then just shut off on me and dropped strait to 0. is this a mechanic, or am i missing something im supposed to be doing? i do have mods, but haven't had any issues till this, and the only vehicle mod i have is harry's vehicle mods. Please help

3 hours ago, luluneko1425 said:

Please i really need some help, am i just missing something, early in my game i purchased a bicycle from a trader and at around 70% durability it just dropped to 0 and cant be repaired, im now on day 32 and just found a semi-truck that was 100% dropped to 80 thru normal use and then just shut off on me and dropped strait to 0. is this a mechanic, or am i missing something im supposed to be doing? i do have mods, but haven't had any issues till this, and the only vehicle mod i have is harry's vehicle mods. Please help

I'm honestly not sure what your problem is. Certainly not intended behavior of any of my mods.

11 hours ago, Everts said:

Hey, i loaded up navezgane but didnt see any special pois, i was wondering which random work should i gen? the new random world? or one of the pregens like 10k or 6k?

You'd have to gen a new RWG world to see any new POIs. Navezgane and the pregens are fixed maps. Only way to get new POIs on those maps is manual placement.

1 hour ago, Solafix said:

Hola como puedo arreglar un error las armas y comidas me aparecen invisibles en el mod de wasteland ayuda

Would need a log to know what's going on.

On 5/12/2023 at 9:13 PM, Christovangar said:

I was trying to fine out how to spawn in mechanic shop

Could use the world editor. Several tuts on YT for doing that.

• 2 weeks later...

There are no signs that there are raiders / mutants in the location (airdrop smoke, flags, totems) - you approach the house and get shot in the face.

Raiders always hit in the head, maximum damage (sucks) - indoors with no chance. Raiders do not have bleeding.

In the name of the quests, indicate the name "Clearing the raiders".

Setting fire to a building from mines or zombies with a torch - 100% failure of the quest, + lags + screamers + lags.

You need an impact wrench to repair a bike - why?

When the bike is in the backpack, the character slows down. If intended, display the debuff in the stats.

Most mutant places now have meatbags and other gore around. Others aren't meant to stand out. Be cautious if you aren't sure what inhabits a POI.

NPC damage will likely be reworked a bit for A21, but they will likely stay pretty deadly. Bleeding and stuff isn't a thing as they currently can't fix it(AFAIK). If that functionality gets added then they will be able to. But as it stands most debuffs bounce off of them as it would make it too easy to cheese them.

I'm not a fan of spelling everything out. I only added the Rad bit because Alter gave me a clean way to do it, and because getting to a rad poi and not having gear meant it was impossible. Raider POIs aren't impossible, just challenging. Just stay prepared and you should be fine.

Fire is relatively new to me, so I will be making changes as I see fit. There are extinguishers around, and will be in more places in A21 as I have time to do it. Not much I can do if you let an entire POI burn down. The fire spread/damage does allow you a bit of time to rush through if needed. Lag I can't help with, but sphereii is always making things better. If you dislike the fire so much, you can always disable it. Screamers are a feature of it, but in my testing I had a hard time judging just how quickly fire would spawn them.

I decided to use the impact as the vehicle repair tool mostly as it isn't easy to get usually. Why is it only an issue with the bike? They have nuts and bolts the same as a car. Besides they can be found working more often than most vehicles, and are still quest tier rewards also.

That is intended. I kept it hidden as I hate cluttering the hud with buffs. So I won't be adding it there, but I can add it to the item description I suppose.