Wandering Traders DMT Mod

xyth

• 4 months later...

xyth, I'm trying to implement the wandering traders. I've got the SphereIICore dependency loaded along with your mod. When I checked the output log to see if everything loaded correctly, it failed on a missing ModInfo.xml

2019-10-28T08:32:11 0.923 INF [MODS] Trying to load from Xyth_WanderingTraders
2019-10-28T08:32:11 0.923 WRN [MODS] Folder Xyth_WanderingTraders does not contain a ModInfo.xml, ignoring
2019-10-28T08:32:11 0.923 WRN [MODS] Failed loading mod from Xyth_WanderingTraders

I mocked one up to satisfy the system, and the loading error disappeared

2019-10-28T08:41:12 0.957 INF [MODS] Trying to load from Xyth_WanderingTraders
2019-10-28T08:41:12 0.958 INF [MODS] Loaded Mod: Xyth Wandering Traders (1.5)

but after the startup reads the game prefs, just before it comes alive, the log shows this error:

2019-10-28T08:42:29 77.366 ERR Could not instantiate classEntityWanderingTrader, Mods' for entity_class 'Food Trader'
2019-10-28T08:42:29 77.517 ERR Could not instantiate classEntityWanderingTrader, Mods' for entity_class 'Ammo Trader'
2019-10-28T08:42:29 77.562 ERR Could not instantiate classEntityWanderingTrader, Mods' for entity_class 'Heavy Trader'
2019-10-28T08:42:29 77.607 ERR Could not instantiate classEntityWanderingTrader, Mods' for entity_class 'Drug Trader'

Any ideas on the cause would be appreciated.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've run into an issue for the second time in a row and I think it might have something to do with the mod or dependencies of it. I found a wandering trader. I talked to him and wanted to see his inventory. After trading, I went on my way and looted a POI nearby. Found some stuff I wanted to sell so I returned to him and wanted to trade again, but as soon as I interacted with him, my game crashed to desktop. Unfortunately, I can't find the output_log.txt, not sure if it was even created. :(

If you cant repeat it, please let me know. I have not seen that issue.

Well it seems to happen every time after trading with them for the first time. Once I trade with them for the first time, any attempt to interact with them leads to a game crash. I've tried couple of times. Every time I log back into the game and interact with the same wandering trader again, game crashes again. Should I try to interact with a different trader?

Xyth, when I switch from using DirectX to OpenGL with -force-glcore parameter, interaction with him works again without crashing. Unfortunately OpenGL makes the game incredibly slow for me. Do you think there's some kind of graphical bug somewhere in this mod that may get triggered only in DirectX mode?

UPDATE:

Switching back to default (DirectX 11), showed up the dialogue but the character in the dialogue options was missing and the game crashed again. Then I tried to switch to DirectX with the feature set of DirectX 10.1 by using -force-feature-level-10-1 parameter and it works without crashing. Man this is definitely getting pretty weird... But at the very least now I can continue playing this interestingly started game session. For now... :p

• 4 weeks later...

Archived