my console screen is scrolling like crazy-what is it?

stompbox108

I had this problem after a long 8 hour session, the Horde night which followed started flashing up my console with so many red messages that i was unable to regain control of my character and had to force the game to close.

I cant remember what the red text said, something on the lines of Error state, cannot modify state of 0 or something like that.

I have no idea how to reproduce it other than to have long sessions.

Huh, mine is different from yours stompbox, heres my log file if TFP wanna see what broke my session:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/shb2cj46f46c2p2/output_log__2019-01-20__19-48-57.txt?dl=0

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Endlessly, removing total control from the game until i had to kill it (during a horde night on a long game session)

Something to do with Vulture

I noticed it when I was trying to spawn some zombies in my game to test out a new mod I downloaded. I don't think it is the mod itself since it's not doing it in my other game I started to see if the issue would occur in all games. It's weird all the error lines seem related to blocks that are cars. Hopefully someone can help us both

@snake

The better balance mid you have installed messes with vulture spit, and you're failing on vultures, so I'd start with that mod.

- - - Updated - - -

@stomp

Git says the file is too big, and I'm on mobile, so I can't view yours.

...but as a general rule, always start with the mods. :)

hey does anyone know why my console is scrolling like crazy. it never did this before as far as I know. would it do this if you go in and out of cheat mode? It can't be my modlets because I started a new game and the console was fine when I opened it up

I can be your modlet.

There's some error in a file that's not appearing until you encounter that object.

For instance, it might be an adjustment to an item you made and you wouldn't see the error until you opened a chest with that item.

If you're getting NRE errors ... it's a MOD that's causing you problems.

I can be your modlet.

There's some error in a file that's not appearing until you encounter that object.

For instance, it might be an adjustment to an item you made and you wouldn't see the error until you opened a chest with that item.

If you're getting NRE errors ... it's a MOD that's causing you problems.

okay so you guys are helpful. How do I turn it off? remove all mods then reinstall them? because I did remove the newest one and no changes, still scrolls like crazy

Seems your loot mod broke stuff, it's failing to load at least part of it. Remove all your mods, do a file integrity check and see if that helps. Inside your base, did you get some dev blocks or something? I know not all of them are functionable/supposed to be placed in the world.

okay so you guys are helpful. How do I turn it off? remove all mods then reinstall them? because I did remove the newest one and no changes, still scrolls like crazy

Removing the Mods doesn't always solve the problem.

For instance:

Let's say you install a mod with new food recipes and fill your fridge.

Remove that mod and try to open the fridge.

You'll get NRE errors.

It's trying to reference an item that isn't in the XML's anymore.

Try installing one mod at a time and see if you can run at least some without errors.

Also, what does the log file say?

Sometimes it'll give you the line the error is coming from.

An online XML editor can help you find that line number and fix it.

Sometimes it's a bracket that's missing or something stupid.

Huh, mine is different from yours stompbox, heres my log file if TFP wanna see what broke my session:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/shb2cj46f46c2p2/output_log__2019-01-20__19-48-57.txt?dl=0

Endlessly, removing total control from the game until i had to kill it (during a horde night on a long game session)

Something to do with Vulture

I had this happen to me during a horde night recording, which I published and had to make a part 2 for because I was forced to kill the game.

but why would I get the issue in one game and not the other, having the same mods. Part of me it thinking about what Guppycur was saying. hey Gubby, funny coincidence I was working with your acidcop modlet when I was noting all this. But again it is only scrolling when I am close to base and I was grabbing some blocks from the creative menu. So maybe I'll remove all that stuff see what happens.

but why would I get the issue in one game and not the other, having the same mods. Part of me it thinking about what Guppycur was saying. hey Gubby, funny coincidence I was working with your acidcop modlet when I was noting all this. But again it is only scrolling when I am close to base and I was grabbing some blocks from the creative menu. So maybe I'll remove all that stuff see what happens.

Yeah I'm really guessing there's a custom or dev block that is broken or not meant to be added in the world respectively. An example would be on a server with a bunch oc custom stuff, like a trade zone. One particular rental machine had a custom item in it (or, perhaps, was just broken somehow period) and would cause the null spam if it was in your view, stopping once you stopped looking at it. Some situations, broken code that'll cause show stopping errors won't break anything until it's ran.

So the surprises keep coming. I log on again this AM to test something out and my base got merged with prior prefab of the building I build upon and expanded. it removed walls floors etc just to put half a building back in the game. So when I removed it to rebuild my building, more of my structure collapsed, So back to rebuilding. NP though I had lots of resources saved up but it took away a bunch of other crates forges I had in my one room, oh well. No what would bush the older building to respawn back into my game.

Archived