Summerset Villa RP Mod

Telric

Welcome to Summerset Villa! The place to be for adventure. I bring the NPCs, you build the villa. I have recently reworked the mod to now be a build your own type. I removed the prefab and xmls that removed traders. Now its a simple plug and play modlet. It almost acts like a decoration pack, but also comes with quests that reward more skill points.

This mod should not require a wipe.

This mod should work with any other modlet. It adds many new items, but they are all tagged with [T] to avoid duplicate names.

This mod only touches terrStone block and emptyJar item from vanilla files. All others are new.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i7fgcgvmgthqf0e/Telrics%20Mods.zip?dl=0

Some parts of localisation are not complete yet. I got the main ones. The NPCs will have recommendations in their description for where to place them for them to look more natural.

Here is an overview vid of the stuff in the mod.

[video=youtube_share;pinXYb32hFM]

What does this mod bring?

-Several new NPCs.

-Annabelle: A florist that you can purchase decorations from.

-Maybell: A farmer that sells new seeds and can teach you her way of farming.

-Gunther: An irritable old cranker who's infatuated with archaeology. He may be hard to get along with, but he will teach you how to do archaeology.

-Maximillian: One of those annoying body builders that absolutely must flex their muscles ever 2 seconds in fear of loosing a single muscle fiber. He looks for people who can impress him. He also took up the blacksmith job.

-Varric: A leading Chef. He has the know hows to cook up all kinds of new meals. Maybe you can learn a thing or two from him.

-Leah: Maybells cute little girl. She likes to fly her kite. She also has a big crush on Vincent. She'll probably need help getting him a Valentines Day gift.

-Vincent: A typical boy. He loves digging in the dirt for worms. He'll definitely come in handy when you need bait for fishing.

-Willy: An old sea captain? Actually now that I think about it he doesnt even own a boat! Well.. He sure knows how to fish and he's friendly enough to show you how, so I guess it doesnt matter.

-Caroline and Ervine: This couple finish each others sentences. It's cute! But they seem lonely together. Maybe they can find a companion to keep them company.

-Chiro: ... Chiro.

-New Skills

-Archaeology: Dig up fossils and give them to Gunther. He'll reward you. You can sometimes find fossils when minig stone underground.

-Cooking: There are a couple new ways of getting new foods. Frying, slicing, jamming. Varric and Maybell can help teach you these new ways.

-Fishing: A new way of fishing. Purchase a bobber from Willy and place it. Use a fishing rod to catch fish. The type of pole determines what kind of fish you'll get. Don't forget the bait though. Vincent can help do the dirty work for that.

-Thumper: A challenging adventure. Find out the secrets of an old engineer that made contact with aliens just before the infection hit. Find her and prove that you're a strong individual to Maximillian.

-Rewards

All of the new quests now reward skill points, with harder ones giving more.

-Items

Many new items to play with. Some are still WIP.... Some are themed. Pirate themed stuff, Christmas themed stuff...

This mod is still a WIP. I'm always adding to it (though lately I been reeeeally busy with IRL stuff... so i'm getting back to it this week) so if you find any problems, do let me know.

Check out my youtube channel for sneak peaks of upcoming stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD5z75Bv5Q-ayWqeazshY9g?view_as=subscriber

First of all, love the idea.

But I have a problem. I tried to generate with 5 different seeds and looked it up like you said in the "Worlds" folder but it seems like it never generates the summerset villa. Do you have any idea or seeds to sort this out?

First of all, love the idea.

But I have a problem. I tried to generate with 5 different seeds and looked it up like you said in the "Worlds" folder but it seems like it never generates the summerset villa. Do you have any idea or seeds to sort this out?

The mod is not getting loaded. The file named ModInfo.xml.txt should be ModInfo.xml. Apparently a .txt attached itself where it shouldnt be ;)

So sorry guys! I have uploaded new files to fix that stupid file name. Sometimes you forget the simplest of tasks.... Should work now! Also, when looking for your world in Data > Worlds, you are not looking for your game name. You're looking for the territory name that was generated. Example: Borera Valley, or Casaxe Valley, or Kawazi Mountains. Names like that. You are assigned one when you generate a new seed name.

Any other problems, contact me!

This mod actually includes all my other mods. All in one. However the items like the windmill models and decoration stuff are not craftable. I'll probably add them as a vendor item eventually, but they are still in the files. You can either spawn them in with cheat menu, add the recipes by hand, or wait for me to put them in.. :) I'm not fully sure what would happen, but you could try loading the other mods first, then load this mod last. Either way, everything from all other mods will eventually be in this one if not already in.

I am testing it right now. Just deleted traders.xml because we think the new textures for the traders are not really our style. But great for others. We like to keep the vanilla traders and trader items.

First launch went wonrg. Double lootlist ID in loot.xml. I've changed it myself, working now.

Some warnings:

2019-01-25T20:52:19 189.926 WRN Block 'Music_Box_Off[T]' over downgrade limit

2019-01-25T20:52:19 189.926 WRN Block 'Music_Box_Town[T]' over downgrade limit

2019-01-25T20:52:19 189.926 WRN Block 'Music_Box_Upbeat[T]' over downgrade limit

2019-01-25T20:52:19 189.926 WRN Block 'Cobblestone_Full[T]' over downgrade limit

I actually don't knwo what this means. Any idea?

I will make the recipes myself, i'll include the trader items aswell.

Great work, many thanks.

Those arent warnings to concern yourself about. It just means that those blocks downgrade to themselves or something. Nothing bad. I'm not sure how the mods will function without the traders.xml as the NPCs require that to function. Their blocks might throw errors when you try to load in the prefab or something.

Hey guys, putting out a quick update. A few people have said they would like a quest that sends them to find the prefab. I added it, but at a slight cost.

*If you have already found the Summerset Villa, you do not need to restart your game. Simply give yourself the "Reset_Villa" Quest item from cheat mode, go to the prefab, start the quest and go to the ! marks. It will auto update as long as you place the new prefab files into the prefab folder.*

You will have to make a whole new RWG to get it to work correctly. Now I have removed traders from spawning. But have replaced them with my prefab. Now the goto quests will work since my prefab is tagged as trader (sadly since a17 you cannot create your own tags for quest gotos... yet.) Since all traders are gone except my prefab, youll always be sent to Summerset. There is a chance for multiple spawns of the prefab within the world.

Since I have removed traders from the world, I added an NPC inside the Inn that will take over as quest giver and trader for old trader stuff.

New things in this update also include:

-Varric now has a quest for the player to learn how to fry foods.

-Added a banana tree and carrot crop.

-Looks like Caroline and Ervine found a stray dog. They took her in and could use your help taking care of her.

-New texture for the pathways within the prefab

This was a quick update just to help the people that couldnt find the POI. I'll be adding more later!

I would suggest having the quest to find it as an optional download in addition to regular one, or vice versa if not to much work :) I Would love the other updates to it, but it would mess with my world that already has traders in it I would think (?). And if I regenerated it, I would have 16 villas since there is 16 traders on the map :) Of all the maps I have generated I rarely have less than 8+ traders, so seems like many traders are quite normal.

Although if I'm the only one wanting to keep the other traders, then I'll just tweak that part of the mod myself of course :)

I dont think it will affect old worlds. Since the map is already generated, its not calling the RWG file anymore. So i'm pretty sure you're safe. Just use the "Reset villa" quest item after you put in the preafb files and it will update to the newest prefab of mine. Then add all the xmls and enjoy the new stufs :)

Yes, of course, I apparently had a brain moment there :p But when generating new world, which we might do soon, then I will edit it to not remove the other traders tho. Two or three identical villas with the same npc's sometimes across the road from eachother kinda messes with the RP part ;) I have gotten two and three traders at the same intersecion more than once. To bad we cant tag quests like that now, I really hope thats just an oversight by TFP.

YOu can also delete the <remove> items in rwggeneration file. Only reason i removed them is so a goto trader quest would only tell you to go to the villa, not other traders... Hopefully it will be reverted eventualy where we can use custom tags for goto quests... :(

But removing the <removes> will leave the traders in. you just wont be able to 100% rely on the quest to take you to the prefab.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah when i start making dungeons and other prefabs for this mod imma be really sad i can't use goto :( lol...

I will also set a max limit of how many can spawn, to avoid previously mentioned issue with the likely cluster of villas:) But all that is easily done tho, so no need to maintain two versions if there's no demand for it.

We'll have to request goto tag very hard every day, til they give in and adds it ;)

It's great that the quest that you get after placing the first bedroll leads you to the villa now. The villa has a trader inside, and it only spawns in the forest biome. You get to find a trader in the forest biome, which is a wonderful thing to have early game. AND! The villa doesn't close so you have a trader that you can access to at anytime!:smile-new:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all! I been away for a bit cuz of IRL. They been working me too much! I have redesigned the mod to be more of a decoration pack, but also bringing quests and skill point rewards. No more POI, no more removal of traders. I provide the NPCs and quests, you place them where you see fit. I do have recommendations on where to place these NPCs so they look more natural. Don't want Willy casting his fishing pole into a cobblestone wall....

If you are starting a new world, you will receive a quest to start up the village after you do the place bedroll quest.

If you do not start a new world, you can craft this quest with 5 wood. Just type Summerset in and it will appear. (Or use [T] as all of my items are tagged with that.)

Now that this mod doesnt have any prefab or anything, you can easily merge it with other mods without needing a wipe. Enjoy. Let me know what you think.

Hey guys, i'm aware of a couple issues with the mod. One being a quest. The how to fry quest from Varric can bug out if you already have the fishing pole and some anchovies in your inventory before accepting the quest. So ill get a fix out for that soon. Also there isnt a use for the honey you can get from teh bee box yet. I'll ad that in next update too.

I'll also look into moving this mod into a new thread or something since it's not really a Summerset Villa mod anymore.. More of a decor mod or something. Idk. ill figure it out.

Archived